[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well assholes? Let's hear your reasoning for who is

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 245
Thread images: 34

File: star-trek-london-captains.jpg (39KB, 640x350px) Image search: [Google]
star-trek-london-captains.jpg
39KB, 640x350px
Well assholes? Let's hear your reasoning for who is the best captain.
>>
Firefly . Never watched Star Trek.
>>
Ricard and Shaq are the only good captains in that photo.
>>
>>34313815
Picard. I don't have to explain why, right? I mean it's pretty obvious.
>>
>>34313837
>>34313843
Picard could out 4d chess every single other captain you fucking retards.
>>34313865
>I am locutus of borg
>>
>>34313815
is this why you posted about star trek in like 10 threads earlier? no ones going to participate...
>>
>>34313890
Shut the fuck up normie and go watch your fucking football, we're trying to have a discussion about an actual robot topic here.
>>
captain weir
>>
>>34313998
It had promise, then went to shit.
>>
I think a lot of people underestimate Kirk's intelligence and he uses that. Remember, he's been shown beating Spock at 3D chess a number of times. He has no problem quoting classic literature from memory so it's not like he's uneducated. He successfully reprogrammed the Kobayashi Maru test (AND convinced Starfleet Academy it was a good example of creative thinking) so he knows his way around systems both hardware, software, and bureaucratic, no small feat. Kirk is not an idiot but he likes people to think he is.

But just because he's smart, doesn't mean he's willing to sit back and watch things unfold, he's more than willing to fight for what he knows is right. He's a champion of the powerless (see the Organians, the Hill People of Neural) and will fight for them. He's also a good tactician and he knows he's good. He's got serious confidence and will roll up his sleeves and get to work because he knows he can do it.

It may seem like recklessness but Kirk has the skills to pull it off. His record speaks for itself.
>>
File: c2d.jpg (36KB, 663x579px) Image search: [Google]
c2d.jpg
36KB, 663x579px
>>34314098
If you want a perfect, textbook example of a "captain," Picard does come fairly close, while Kirk is definitely a rogue.

But on a personal level, Picard is a much more distant and cold-seeming leader. His crew trust him because he has honor and integrity and he's rational and stubborn. Slowly, we do get to see him open up and show us the inner depths, but it takes a long time and he mostly keeps himself to himself. Remember that episode where he finally goes to play poker with the crew? Kirk would have started that poker tradition.

Kirk, he stirs up the emotions, whether you love him or want to punch him. And he's earned his crew's trust by showing that - no matter what - he'll fight for them and for what he believes in, he's crazy, he's passionate, he inspires them, and he pushes them to the very limits, which can be exhilarating.
>>
>>34314116
>Remember that episode where he finally goes to play poker with the crew?

You mean the last episode?
>>
File: 1472972394999s.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1472972394999s.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
Kirk is obviously a much better captain. Picard is so very PC and does not really come across as a captain of a starship. More of a CEO. He is good at talking not at action and actually LEADING. I have never understood how anyone sees Picard as a better CAPTAIN. Manager maybe, captain of a starship. Nope. Kirk is very intelligent even though he sometimes projects he isn't (see him beating Spock at 3D chess). He leads from the front and always backs his people. Fair and determined. Brave and bold. Just what you want in a captain.
>>
File: 1480797838087s.jpg (2KB, 125x116px) Image search: [Google]
1480797838087s.jpg
2KB, 125x116px
>>34314116
I think both are a product of their times.

Kirk was captain when space was still very much a frontier. You needed someone who was brave and bold in order to adapt and confront the unknown. However by Picard's time, at least in the Alpha/Beta quadrant, space was more well known, and there were more established political powers at play. As such you needed are more level headed and calculating captain like Picard to handle the politics and tactics of a more established galaxy.

I think this is part of the challenge Janeway faced, she became captain in part of the galaxy that was pretty well known and was therefore adapted to face those challenges. When she finds herself thrown into the complete unknown, her "by-the-book" style wasn't well suited to the challenge, and I think a more Kirk style of leadership would have done better in her circumstances.
>>
>>34314161
I actually find it hard to pick between the two, but I have to wonder if you actually saw all of TNG to be able to make that comment about Picard. If there's one thing Picard does well, it's lead. And he's certainly not afraid to take the gloves off - but only when it's required.
>>
>it's a rodney episode
>>
File: 1480773040549s.jpg (2KB, 121x125px) Image search: [Google]
1480773040549s.jpg
2KB, 121x125px
A future captain needs to go back I think to some of the core ideas in Trek, specifically the value of leading by example (Picard) and questioning authority(Kirk,Sisko). I think there are too many Frank Underwood's in American entertainment. We have become fascinated by psychopaths. And I personally think this is dangerously cynical.
>>
>>34314350
>It's 3 seasons in and still hasn't advanced the shows mythology.

REEEEEEEEEEEE WHAT'S THE POINT OF THIS PROGRAM?
>>
Are we really discussing this, you fucking dweebs?

Never complain about nogf again.
>>
>>34313815
Picard is the embodiment of Star Trek
>>
File: 1480781030872s.jpg (2KB, 106x125px) Image search: [Google]
1480781030872s.jpg
2KB, 106x125px
>>34314426
Shut the fuck up normie and leave our board.
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (49KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
49KB, 499x499px
>>34313815
Well, you probably know which 2 I don't like.
>>
File: 1480779067036s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1480779067036s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>34314441
>black
>woman
DISCARDED.
>>
File: och0_item0_def_bsm.png (1MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
och0_item0_def_bsm.png
1MB, 1024x1024px
I think if you base it on politics you need a captain these days is who goes up against a dated establishment afraid of change whilst trying to keep the guiding principles. Someone who sees the cancer growing within Starfleet of arrogance at the comfortable and apparently safe state of the federation whilst a new threat appears on the edge of the alpha quadrant. Possibly taking a stand against the federation to protect it from said threat.
>>
File: Screenshot_161210_002.jpg (962KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_161210_002.jpg
962KB, 1920x1080px
Picard's doctor doesn't have to keep reminding him what her job is.
>>
>>34314434
Get laid, virgin.
>>
File: Koala.jpg (763KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Koala.jpg
763KB, 1024x768px
>>34314594
Haha, you have no power here idiot.
>>34314508
I think a better analog would be a captain noticing the threats within the federation. Maybe not the tired old "evil admiral" plot, but rather what's going on in the Federation council, with the politicians trying to drive things in a more imperialist direction, hoping to establish the Federation as the sole superpower in the quadrant following the assassination of the Romulan senate by Shinzon.
>>
>>34313815
Picard is the best.

Sisko was only good after the fourth season.
>>
File: Liko_sees_Picard.jpg (275KB, 1436x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Liko_sees_Picard.jpg
275KB, 1436x1080px
captain ranking:
>The Picard
>Black Space Jesus
>Chad
>Quantum Leap
>Captain Wrongway
>>
>>34314851
>captain wrongway
My sides are in orbit.
>>
>>34313837
man fucking HBO and BBC-a are really the only thing saving network television right now when good shows like firefly and dresden files get cancled for arbitrary reasons most networks just air boring shit. IFC has some decent stuff too. Like the only non paid subscription channel airing a decent show was Grimm and I forget who was airing that since I can be busy for months at a time and can't always catch a half hour long episode even until a long time later like when it comes out on dvd, is a rerun, or marathon broadcast.
>>
>>34313890
>no ones going to participate...
Well don't you look fucking stupid anon.
>>
I want Nechayev to be my dommy mommy gf
>>
File: 1472180782887.gif (1MB, 500x558px) Image search: [Google]
1472180782887.gif
1MB, 500x558px
>ywn work on a starship

I'd signup for the military in an instant if I got to go to space.
>>
>>34314362

Psychopaths sexually excite women (see Ted Bundy), and women are the main television watching demographic. Not a chance in hell the trend of "in order to be a good male leader you must be a psychopath" is going to change back to masculine ideas of leadership like compassionate but realistic rationalism.
>>
Plebs pick Picard

Patricians pick Kirk
>>
File: 200_s.gif (43KB, 333x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
43KB, 333x200px
Look. It's simple. Kirk was strong and Picard was smart
>>
Who the fuck is the blue shirt guy and why is he BEFORE Kirk? I thought Kirk was in the very first star trek series.
>>
>>34315193
I demand answers to this.
>>
>>34315767

Enterprise captain, the show was set before the original series.
>>
>>34313815
Picard. We all know why.
Sisko second, because I fucking loved DS9 (Not the last season, that sucked)
Kirk third, because I like him, but he's not the best (Also, the movies are much more tolerable than the series)
Janeway and Archer sucked ass and I hate having to mention them alongside the greats.
>>
>>34315193
It was made as a cash-grab prequel to the original series. They wanted nostalgia bux, but the series sucked ass and imploded, because no one gives a fuck about what happened before all the interesting stuff.
>>
Captian Archer
>>
>>34313815
>Kirk
Not enough information, never watched TOS except for a few eps.
>Archer
No.
>Picard
Level-headed, good morals, peaceful, thoughtful, orderly. Maintains rank structure pretty well but doesn't have to resort to sociopathy. Consider him to be the best.
>Sisko
I can't really think of anything. I guess he's good at managing a wide variety of people and political disputes that are more tangible to him than picard.
>Janeway
Second favorite. She gets a lot of flak but she's half a galaxy away from any friendly races. I think she does well with what she has and she's a better improviser than any of the other captains would ever be. I also like how she's completely willing to risk the safety of her crew for the sake of new scientific discoveries. I like her recklessness.
>>
>>34314594
Look at this normie faggot. Don't you have some mindless idiot shooter game you gotta get back to?
>>
>>34315931
>Kirk
I watched all of TOS, and it wasn't really worth it to me. There are so many misses in that series. It even ended poorly.
You can get the exact same impression of all the TOS characters, by watching the highly superior films (Skip Star Trek The Motion Picture though, unless you ran out of Ambien's, and you need a substitute).
>>
>>34313837
You have nice taste, Star Trek is a great series too but is a different kind of a show to Firefly so I can't say you'd like it.
>>
I wanted a series where data was the captain, sadly it never seems like it will happen. Brent Spiner was always my favorite.
>>
>>34316106
Data would be OP as a captain
>>
>>34316106
Right here data is king
>>
>>34313815
The only answer is Picard. Who ever says the nigger should seriously KYS that was one of the most boring and shitty treks ever.

Also fuck Wesley Crusher hes such a little faggot.
>>
>>34313815
You fucking cucks know nothing about Kirk or Picard seeing how most of you are fucking 12
>>
>>34313837
Firefly? Jesus christ you are autistic
>>
>>34313865
A few post into the thread and a based anon mentions Picard. I have to go with this guy senpai. If you have never watched aTNG you need to he is also an amazing actor I mean shit guys hes friends with fucking Gandalf IRL who can top that?
>>
>>34316183
DS9 wasn't boring, it was action-packed. Much more so than any of the other Trek series'. It centered around a war with the Dominion. Maybe watch more than season one before you judge the entire series kek.
>>
>>34313998
You seriously might as well say Wesley Crusher at this point you cuck
>>
Kirk all the way. Hes alpha as fuck, he doesn't take shit, and hes red pilled. In fact TOS has a lot of red pilled truths. In the episode Elan of Troyius Kirk has to transport a spoiled brat to a wedding and because hes the only one who doesn't put up with her bullshit she falls for him. Another episode "is there no truth in beauty" shows how men judge a womans character based on their looks and that woman can be pretty rotten on the inside but this is how things are. Also "This side of Paradise" shows how humans need to strive otherwise life is a waste.
I would put Picard second. He is definitely a good role model, hes kind of like an alpha robot.
>>
>>34314098
I like Kirk and Picard, Kirk is my fav as I grew up watching it and was blown away by the show, old fag here
>>
>>34316279
He's definitely one of the better Trek actors.
Curiously I think ENT had some of the best actors despite being one of the least enthralling treks.
>>
>>34313815

Picard obviously and without a doubt. How could anyone say otherwise?

Alpha as fuck.
Smart.
Reasonable.

I'd serve him any day of the week. Janeway and Kirk will both get you killed. Archer's a joke. Sisqo does nothing but man an immobile space station.

Obviously Picard.
>>
I just want to say thank god in TNG they kiled off Tasha Yar and her stupid talk of "rape gangs" Wesley Crusher ruined many good episodes by being a faggot, spec when he wears that queer rainbow shirt and he episode where he was going to have a dance off, and Guinan was not needed becuase they already had Troy.
>>
>>34316363
The Defiant. Sisko commanded the Defiant, as well as an entire space station.
>>
>>34316332
On a side note when I was growing up I hated voyager, and I hated Janeway. Watching it now I think it has some good story telling at least the earlier seasons. And at least it is watchable compared to Ds9.
>>
>>34314779
Sisko was shit M8 they might as well of had Odo be captain.
>>
>>34316408

Dude that show was boring as fuck. As if I give a shit about some Bajorans and their persecution.

In retrospect I wonder if they were supposed to be some sort of metaphor for the Palestinians.

Either way, never cared.
>>
>>34316407
Guinan was better at being Troi than Troi was
Troi was just a walking plot device
That's why when they tried to do the whole ship's counselor thing over again with Ezri it failed miserably, because ships don't actually need counselors, they need cool psykik powers.
>>
>>34316411
TOPKEK
You like your characters completely changing their personality from episode to episode? Which Janeway is your favorite?
Did you like the multiple times she committed genocide? Or how about when she fucked everything so badly, that her corrupt future self had to go back and fix it all kek. Voyager sucked, and was written by all the cast-off writers from Next-gen, that weren't hired on to DS9. Reject writers, UPN-tier acting, Muh feminism all over the place. Nah, Voyager sucked ass.
>>
>>34314894
BBC fan here I still watch TNG daily when they play it and thats all the time, I also like voyager they started playing that too thank god and some days they play the orig trek
>>
The captain we need right now is the sort of one that adheres to the guiding principles of the directives they are provided, without getting caught up with always following them to the letter, because of duty.
The captain we need right now is the sort that if he sees that Starfleet is acting in its own best interest and not that of citizens under its protection, is not afraid to do what must be done, then quibble about it later.
This type of Captain is very close to Picard in that it is diplomatic, however, it is diplomacy of the people and not of the state. We know Picard has acted to both sides of that at different times...

That is what we now need. Honesty in the face of institution. Courage in the face of career.
>>
>>34316459

Guinan's character was a bit B.S. if you ask me. Wasn't she just some regular woman whose species was wiped out by the Borg?

Why did everyone care so much what she had to say about anything?
>>
>>34313815
You guys are all a bunch of fucking nerds talking about Star Trek my sides, I use to oick on betas like you in school I bet half of you cucks hid in the school library at lunch lol, have fun being virgins
>>
File: Wrath of Khan.png (389KB, 622x352px) Image search: [Google]
Wrath of Khan.png
389KB, 622x352px
>Janeway

Kek, nope

>Archer

Entire series is irrelevant

>Picard

Disciplined, principled, and honorable but always maintains some measure of distance from his crew

>Sisko

Badass individual, but not an exceptional leader in my view

>Kirk

Kirk, on the other hand, for him commanding a starship is his first best destiny. He is the captain that all the future captains studied and admired, he is the most legendary figure in all of the federation. He isn't the most intelligent, the most experienced, or anything, but he is resourceful enough to use what he has when he needs to, and it unleashes the potential of his entire crew.
>>
>>34314270
Picard is cuck, Kirk would fight everyone and was the main in almost every episode.
>>
File: 9430085fa36f9a296de53b205d7def04.jpg (127KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
9430085fa36f9a296de53b205d7def04.jpg
127KB, 1024x768px
>>34316497
>wow look at you faggots enjoying yourselfs, talking about something you like, having fun, haha faggots.
This anon is bitter and jealous.
>>
>>34316460

I loved Voyager 90% because it had Seven who I thought was sexy as fuck and I wanted to bone, and it was comparatively action packed.

But Janeway was clearly reckless, irresponsible, and caused havok everywhere she went.

That was also part of the appeal. Picard would always tie everything up with a neat bow. But sometimes life isn't like that. Sometimes it's just a fucking mess.
>>
>>34316450
DS9 was what Star Trek was meant to be. A study of humanity. That's why the focus was more on the characters and how they related to one another.
Voyager was just about what gimmick situation they'd find themselves in that week, that wouldn't really forward the series plot at all, but would let them string the viewers along for another week.
>>
>>34316493
Her race had an extremely long lifespan so they were wise I guess. They also prided themselves on being a race of "listeners" so she was well-practiced at it by the time she got on the enterprise.
>>
>>34315079
A nerd like you would never make it, you would be a shitty Wesley Crusher 2.0 but instead of being on the deck you would be to busy sucking cock on the holodeck
>>
>>34316534

I can't buy into that. Nothing ever happened in DS9. Ever. Seriously.

>>34316548

Didn't realize she was super old. Must have missed that. I know she always acted like she was so wise.
>>
>>34316523
This anon understands my love for Painway
>>
>>34315854
Why do you faggots always say Picard and give no reason why he is "the best" well give a reason
>>
>>34316597
I gave my reasons why:
>>34316363
>>
>>34315931
All Sisko does is stand in his fcking office and stare out the window, he is the absolute biggest shit captain of them all.
>>
>>34316534
tng was a better study of humanity imo. It was more aesopian and actually spoke to distilled ideals rather than being all about arbitrary factions fighting each other over stupid shit.

I still liked ds9 for the entertainment value but tng had more substance.
>>
>>34316460
I said it had some good story telling in the earlier seasons. One I can think of off the top of my head is the episode with the two Voyagers and the two Janeways are fighting with each other and one makes the sacrifice to save the other. Admittedly it has a lot of faults.

>UPN-tier acting
kek

Also some of the appeal is seeing more tng aesthetics.
>>
>>34316571
>Didn't realize she was super old.

Yeah she must have been at least 600 years old by the time she arrived on the Enterprise. Also there was something between her race and the Q, but they never really went into detail about that.
>>
>>34316632

Also anyone who says Kirk (Shatner OR Pine) is a cuck who wants to watch some SuperChad bang every girl he ever found attractive while masturbating in the corner.
>>
>>34315958
I'll get back to banging my GF while you stupid nerds circle jerk, you guys are super pathetic but its funny
>>
>>34316638
b-but muh emissary
>>
>>34316571
Really? The Dominion war didn't happen? Sisko didn't have to juggle being a Captain in Starfleet, with being some alien people's religious prophet?
Starfleet wasn't being invaded by changlings?
Gul Dukat didn't take DS9 back, which led to a massive space battle to retake it?
Seriously, watch the entire series this time, and not just seasons 1 and 2. A lot of stuff happens.
>>
>>34316669

We're not all tall handsome white guys. Some of us have to find other ways to pass the time.
>>
>>34316106
Data is a beast, I know Warf I think last year was trying to get a series going where he was captain, I always wondered what Data and Warfs penis looked like.
>>
>>34316646
I agree. I put TNG as my favorite, followed by DS9.
>>
>>34316697
>you know remember that Tasha and data had sex.

Wouldn't he be really cold?
>>
>>34314851
This is actually the best list, despite the fact that you're a tripfag piece of shit
>>
>>34316460
>UPN-tier acting
This is really Voyager's biggest flaw. Janeway, Seven and The Doctor had to carry that entire show, and Seven wasn't even there for half of it.
>mfw every episode in the later seasons is about either Seven, The Doctor, or both

A lot of the storylines were actually really good, though. Not as good as TNG but better than ENT and I'd even say DS9 sometimes.
>>
>>34316183
Ya I hated Wesley Crusher too M8, and in the end he travels around the galaxy after pissing the academy away and all the time on bridge with Picard made me irate
>>
>>34316680
>All that shit happened and yet I felt completely uninterested the whole time

Ugh. Don't remind me.

Lol. No thanks.

I don't know. Maybe it was the stationary station. Maybe it was the lack of T&A. Maybe the actors didn't do it for me (Gul Dukat was okay though).

I just felt like I was watching a bunch of petty people tied up in petty squabbles. Perhaps too realistic a portrayal of politics and all the bullshit it entails for my taste.
>>
>>34316736
> every episode in the later seasons is about either Seven, The Doctor, or both
Gotta give it up for the Doctor. He's literally the only thing that kept me watching Voyager. I hated Janeway and titty fan-service Borg. But man, Robert Picardo is a solid actor, and they gave his character some pretty meaningful storylines.
>>
Definitely original captain kirk
>>
>>34316450
About time someone tells the truth the show was boring as fuck, sisqo wanking on the station and shitty polotics I might as well turn on CNN
>>
>>34316736

Well in fairness there were also the episodes about Chakotay (HORRIBLE), episodes about Belanna (moderately okay) and episodes about Paris (tolerable).

Hilariously, the actor who played Chakotay hated the show and his character. He thought the whole thing was retarded. You can literally see him not buying into anything that's happening in the show in real time.
>>
someone should host a star trek marathon on rab.it or something
>>
>>34316459
Troi was such a slut, Riker should have been banging her every single episode.
>>
>>34316764

Definitely. That show would have been nothing without him.
>>
It's a tossup between Picard and Sisko, logically speaking.
Kirk, enterprise guy and Janeway are extremely shitty captains.
>>
If my fellow robots don't know some chick made a fan fiction of Wesley Crusher, why? I have no idea he is a massive cunt the book was called

"Wesley Crusher: Teenage Fuck Machine"

If you dont believe me look it up one of the most degenerate things I have ever seen.
>>
>>34316493
The only reason Guinan was in TNG was becuase tbey had no black female in it as a main char and wanted to appear balanced.
>>
>>34316567
Haha wtf senpai "sucking cock on the holodeck"
>>
>>34313865
Yeah, I'm not sure why we try to pretend like it's an actual debate. He's on a different level than all the others in terms of personal philosophy and self discipline. He's just such a deep character and he was written to be basically perfect while still being human. He's a shining example of what humanity could be which is kind of what trek is all about.
>>
>>34316823
He too was one of my favorite characters. Loved his cameo in First Contact
>>
>>34316664
You do bring up a good point about Kirk, so you are saying anyone who watches Kirk is pretty much a super cuck becuase Kirk bangs all the chicks?
>>
>>34316669
Ya sure go back to banging your hand you faggot, idk what you get out of being a dick hole
>>
>>34314203
I think this is a big part of it, I mean think about the difference in the size and crew makeup between their ships. The enterprise D was a city with civilians and children, Picard had to be much more responsible. His whole character revolves around his responsibility to the ship and the crew. Kirk on the other hand will just go on wild emotional rampages and go personally punch aliens in the face even when it puts everyone at risk.
>>
>>34316797
Chakotay had the most hilarious character design out of any trek characters ever.

They should have never tried that Maquis nonsense or at the very least they could have not had any Maquis on the senior staff.
>>
>>34316729
I do remember this I wonder that as well but he said he was fully functional, so I'm assuming he is warm and even produces a form of robot cum.
>>
>>34316934

Wait holy shit he was in First Contact? I'm old so I saw that when it first came out. I didn't even realize he was in that.

>>34316939

Kirk in both iterations was a SuperChad. It's obvious no robot is going to watch those shows/movies and "identify" or "relate" to him. We are all weird/ugly/awkward geeks.

So the only thing they could be getting out of the experience is the joy of watching a SuperChad Chad out and bang hot alien chicks.

ie. A sci fi Cuck fantasy.

Kirk fans = world class cucks.
>>
>>34316846
What the fuck M8 haha Teenage Fuck Machine holy kek, it was written by Kitty Glitter haha
>>
>>34317011
Yes he was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIslsp2WjDs
>>
File: 1476285461205.jpg (61KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1476285461205.jpg
61KB, 640x640px
Sorry guys but if you don't like DS9 you should neck yourself. Easily my fav Trek of them all and also the guys saying Janeway was a good captain should go back to /mlp/ and think of it there are people considered adults now who weren't even born yet when it was at the time of airing of the last enterprise ( the modern one )
>>
>The whole story behind Voyager is that the ship is stranded 75 years away
>The Enterprise in TNG is stranded much farther than that distance several times throughout the course of the series; once in a completely different dimension, and they always make it back

You could say that this detracts from an essence of danger or finality in TNG, but to me it just paints the threats that the crew of the Voyager face as far less astounding/significant.
>>
>>34317070

lol'd. Thanks.
>>
>>34317071
I don't understand what the correlation between Janeway and /mlp/ is
>>
>>34317071
DS9 had its moments, but my god.. So boring.
>>
>>34316646
I also agree with this. TNG was on a different level from the rest when it came to exploring social, ethical, and philosophical issues which is why its my favorite.
>>
>>34316697
I would watch the fuck out of a series with worf as the captain. I always loved worf. I'll never understand the hate he gets.
>>
>>34317071
what did he origaminally mean by this?
>>
>>34316697
Why would Data even have a penis?
He can't reproduce or feel pleasure
>>
>>34317160

Wut. Since when does Worf get hate? I've never heard him get hate from anyone and can't imagine why he ever would?

Even his son Alexander doesn't deserve hate because it's a reminder that anyone (even someone as based as Worf) can have a shitty kid and be made miserable by it.
>>
>>34317222
>Even his son Alexander doesn't deserve hate because it's a reminder that anyone (even someone as based as Worf) can have a shitty kid and be made miserable by it.

Killed the thread by reminding everyone what we represent to our parents.
>>
>>34316846
Who the fuck would read a book about Wesley Crusher doing lewd sexual things?
>>
>>34317594

Some fat dyke tumblr weirdo I'm sure.
>>
>>34317071
DS9 was not bad but it was pretty fucking boring lets be honost about it senpai, might as well watch a trial or boring politics
>>
>>34317192
Dif anon, Data was made and programmed to be as human as possible so having a penis would make him more human like. Tasha ask Data how "functional" he is and Data replies with this
fully functional and is programmed in many "techniques," a wide variety of pleasuring. Now IDK how big his penis would be...
>>
>>34317638
With a name of fucking Kitty Glitter no doubt
>>
Senpai this is one of the best threads that has been up in ages, its fresh break from all the trap threads and BBC etc etc, thanks OP, also Picard FTW!!!
>>
>>34317744
When Data created his "child" I wonder if he gave her a vagina or left her like a mannequin? If they could reproduce Data's he would take over all the ships no point in humans manning them, he lives for ever super smart super strong doesnt eat or drink though he can if he wants and never sleeps it would be the perfect crew
>>
>>34313890
>>34313907

oh fuck i feel like a real asshole now. sorry boys, its just that star trek sucks is all
>>
Daily reminder:

D U K A T
U
K
A
T

Did

N O T H I N G
O
T
H
I
N
G

W R O N G
R
O
N
G
>>
>>34317160
I would too man that would fucking great, Michael Dorne tried to get Paramount to do a new series I think was 2015 where Worf would be captain but sadly nothing came of it.. I know fans of his tried to get them to do it as well but no luck.
>>
>>34317192
His creator wanted Data to be as human as possible even though he can't feel pleasure, I think Q let Data for a brief second feel what it was like to laugh though
>>
>>34317222
Ugg Alexander, fucking Datas Lal and Wesley...
>>
>>34317947
>tfw dukat reminds you of your dad
Every single thing, from appearance to mannerisms.
>>
>>34317160
The guy who played worf was anl great actor would be wicked to see him as captain or data
>>
>>34317744
When Data was created by Dr Soong he had to program Data with a modesty program becuase he would walk around naked and the colonist didnt like it, so Data started wearing clothes I'm guessing his penis is pretty big if it made everyone all butt hurt
>>
>>34318065
>Lal

Of all those three she never bothered me.
>>
I tried watching the original series a few months a go, but quit after a few episodes. Pretty uninteresting.

Is it worth trying one of the newer series?
>>
>>34317865
I thought Lal was a little unnecessary but Data wanted to xp having a family
>>
>>34317976
Thats pretty depressing I remember hearing about this a few ago but the producers are cucks, who wouldnt want to see Worf as a captain he would be a beast, he would KEK everyone
>>
>>34318112
Thats scary man sounds unpleasant
>>
>>34318237
I think she was only in one episode that I can remember, Lal never bothered me either, Wesley kinda annoyed me but I dont hate him like others or Alexander..
>>
Did anyone else like Lwaxana Troi? I liked her character and it was funny when she would joke aboit Picards dirty thoughts. The tall guy who would follow her around always creeped me the fuck out.
>>
>>34318245
Start with TNG and go from there they are all worth watching even DS9, I liked voyager too
>>
>>34318209
Even a true Robot has a bigger benis then me fml AND fucking and even Data has had sex this puts things into perspective
>>
File: jack_aubrey.jpg (241KB, 736x1107px) Image search: [Google]
jack_aubrey.jpg
241KB, 736x1107px
>>34313815
Jack Aubrey, Captain of the HMS Surprise.
>>
>>34318423
Holy shit I wiki her and I had no idea she was married at one time to Odo? She was a pretty massive slut though
>>
>>34313815
The best captain is Captain Morgan ofc senpai but after that its Picard be uase he plays that bad ASS little flute
>>
>>34318566
That was a fake wedding iirc although she was attracted to him
>>
>>34318627
Shit I have never seen this episode
>>
>>34318627
Wait was this in TNG or DS9?
>>
File: CZC.jpg (62KB, 500x740px) Image search: [Google]
CZC.jpg
62KB, 500x740px
Corneliu Zelea Codreanu was the best captain in history senpai.
>>
>>34318729
Sorry you are wrong, Captain Crunch is the best captain in history, he was born in 1963 and since then he has fought world hunger by filling the bellies with scrumptious cereal.
>>
>>34318774
your all wrong. only Captain that matters is one with the fury of fire. the coolness of air. the calmness of water. the strength of earth. the passion of love.

By your powers combined.. He is CAPTAIN PLANET!
>>
>>34318729
>Corneliu Zelea Codreanu

Looks like a typical Chad.

Google him

>charismatic

Why don't people just say good looking?
>>
Janeway because everyone else is a male.
>>
>>34318891
>he thinks charismatic == good looking
anon... I...
>>
>>34318891
Because there is a difference. Hitler was charismatic but he looked like a troll.
>>
>>34317071
the series but especially season 6 was some damn fine television no matter what tng and tos loyalists say
>>
>>34317947
Garak did nothing wrong as well
>>
Sisko had the most tactical aptitude and weathered the worst shit, but Picard was much more of an advocate for those who served under him.
>>
>>34316291
You know there are people who thought Voyager had more character development than DS9?
>>
File: gd9gZ[1].jpg (53KB, 960x541px) Image search: [Google]
gd9gZ[1].jpg
53KB, 960x541px
>>34319476

This is what Hitler would have looked like without the stupid stache.

Hardly ugly.
>>
>>34317947
"Hey, I just called to let you know I fucked your mum"
>>
>>34320765
Please. tell me again all about that ds9 baseball episode.

wouldn't want to miss that nail biter.
>>
Picard. Kirk is a showoff faggot, everyone else are women and niggers
>>
>tfw Commander Sinclair and Mister Garibaldi are both dead IRL
Bab5 is never coming back
>>
>>34321526
Did you read about what happened to Sinclair? That's some scary shit.
>>
>>34321655
what happened to Sinclair? I want to know in greentext mode
>>
>>34313815
janeway, watching her reddit tier responses to situations is the most believable of a self-righteous cucked space organisation like the federation
>>
For me its a tie between Liberal French Tea Drinker and Black Space Jesus
>>
File: 1429927069544.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1429927069544.gif
1MB, 300x225px
>>34313815
Everyone knows that Picard is the superior captain.

Archer and Janeway are incompetent. Sisko is a shitty starbase administrator. Kirk is first officer material, nothing more.
>>
>>34321916
He was dealing with some serious mental issues.
Also Gkar is gone too.
>>
>>34317160
Worf is great. Any hate he gets comes from him being a massive Klingaboo.

For a guy raised by humans, he really went all in on Klingon culture. Far more into it than even Klingon scholars. No-one gave a shit about honour as much as he did.
>>
>>34317947
Truth.

Bajorans are insane fanatics. If the pussy Federation wasn't always obsessed with backing the underdogs then they would've never let those religious nutters join.
Bajorans don't assimilate, they don't integrate. They expect everyone to bend over backwards to accomodate their culture and their wormhole gods. And they have a colossal victim complex, blaming absolutely everyone in the entire universe for everything bad that happens to them, especially things they do themselves.
Cardassian law probably brought about the greatest era of peace the Bajorans had ever seen.
>>
>>34322977
>Sisko is a shitty starbase administrator.
Sisko was a hell of a tactical captain, you're being dishonest or misinformed if you overlook this
>>
>>34318891
Because charisma is a skill. Good looks are something you're gifted with. Attractive people like to say "charismatic" because it means they can take credit for their good looks and act like they earned it, when they clearly didn't.
>>
File: B5_sheridan.jpg (24KB, 296x166px) Image search: [Google]
B5_sheridan.jpg
24KB, 296x166px
All these plebs talking about the best Star Trek captain when we really should be talking about the best Babylon 5 commander (pic related)
>>
>>34322995
nice greentext, faggot
origami
>>
>>34323144

Nailed it.

I fucking hate good looking people.
>>
The cunt. The cunt is the best. The cunt. I bet it's the cunt. The cunt is the best captain. The cunt. It's the cunt. I mean woman.
>>
>>34318774
Crunch is a Cap'n, not a Captain, Re-Re Sobieski. You and the Cap'n make it Hap'n, remember? Not You and the Captain make it Haptain.
>>
>>34323176

GODDAMN RIGHT! Sheridan fought way scarier shit than the Borg, Dominion or Species 8472
>>
>>34318870
I remember capt planet senpai...
>>
>>34317947
He is truly the best sci fi villain. the perfect foil for the main character, both relatable and intimidating, and his story arc is the best in the series
>>
>>34323462
oh fuck you faggot, you'd be a good sci fi villain if you weren't so devoid of any interesting qualities. cut your hair, kike.
>>
>>34316345

ENT is really just for the completionists who want to have seen everything.

Although the ep where they "find a pair of Borg and hijinks ensue" is essential viewing imo
>>
>>34323577
y.o. is b.o., ho mo.
>>
>>34323577
I like that they actually flesh out the Vulcans, who can kind of be mary sue nerd fags in most other treks.
>>
File: Janewayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.png (224KB, 389x479px) Image search: [Google]
Janewayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.png
224KB, 389x479px
Why does r9k hate Janeway so much? Is it because she reminds you of your mother?

\ Janeway was objectively the best captain by far. In terms of traits, style and accomplishments.

>Actually was a strong woman character who managed to retain her femininity while also leading men (unlike today's woman tv hero's who just try to be men).

>Not just beautiful, but also intelligent.

>not afraid to make tough, (albeit often reckless..) decisions for the good of her crew.

>Constantly made fun and was sarcastic to the beta males like Harry Kim

>put her job ahead of her romantic life. Constantly turned down Chakotay's native cock.

>saved the ship pretty much more than any other captain

>defeated the Borg numerous times

>saved the earth numerous times

>saved the entire alpha quadrant GODDAM GET THIS WOMAN SOME COFFEE
>>
>>34318627
>she was attracted to him
She was an old blown'out roastie- she probably just realized it would take a shapeshifter to actually fill up her cavernous flaps.
>>
>>34313815

Sisko. He doesn't do stupid shit like pass up a chance to eliminate the biggest threat in the galaxy or violate the prime directive on a whim.
>>
>>34319742

Of course not, he was just a Tailor
>>
>>34314851
>Quantum Leap
Also a pretty good show t b h
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYmn3Gwn3oI
>>
>>34323871
So was Julien too autistic to get that Garak was trying to shove his ridged grey dick in that brown poopchute or what?
>>
>>34323873
that one like sums up his whole character on Enterprise
>>
>>34323628

stroke victim

originalio
>>
File: Cogenitor was bullshit.jpg (51KB, 855x568px) Image search: [Google]
Cogenitor was bullshit.jpg
51KB, 855x568px
>>34323963
>Hey Trip, I refused that sex slave asylum and it killed itself.
>Good job being entirely at fault for that, you fucking murderer.
>>
>>34317638
I would. ~ Kitty Glitter
>>
>>34323903
Bashir had his eyes on O'Brian from the very beginning. Dax was just a cover story.
>>
>>34324034
Man I loved that episode
One of the few meaningful ENT eps
But yeah the ending was total shit
>>
>>34325387
Shran was fairly based too
really hope Jeffrey Combs makes an appearance on the new Trek series
>>
>>34317160
Wharf wouldn't have made it far as Captain because his solution to everything was always launch photon torpedos at it.
>>
>>34313815
I like the new captain tiger mom for discovery
>>
>>34313837
I bet there's a giant fucking fedora hovering in the air over your house.
>>
File: 17943563456.jpg (20KB, 294x300px) Image search: [Google]
17943563456.jpg
20KB, 294x300px
>>34325638
Your comment is as true as it made me hard.
>>
>>34323833
Eat shit, obvious rape-fugee
>>
>>34325673
What do the neigbors say?
>>
>>34325741
They say, "Christ, those Trek fans fuck like the Dickens. We need to pay more attention to Patrick Stewart! Put on X-Men while you put it in my ass!"
>>
>>34313815
Only seen TNG and OS and I like both for different reasons. Ultimately I prefer Picard because I think that he has a bit better writing and way more episodes, but Kirk is a great character too.
>>
File: 1479371828103.jpg (57KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1479371828103.jpg
57KB, 400x388px
>>34326013
>The perfect response
Anon, I'd blow you for that if I could.
>>
>>34323577
Has Kirk evee dual wielded?
No then fuck off.
>>
>>34326013
>>34326050
These anons did a great job explaining how I feel too.
>>34314098
>>34314116
>>
Wow a star trek thread with over 200 posts on a board for incel virgins, didn't see that coming
>>
>>34326132
Good one chief, disregard that it's one of the most popular ficitonal franchises of all time and a cultural touchstone that predicted so much of our technology and culture, it's just virgins lol
>>
>>34326168
Except that thread is about none of that at all, it's literally "x is the best captain, kill yourself i u disagree"
>>
>>34326233
Fuck you.

Btw Pike is the best captain.
>>
>>34326233
But what I posted is why so many people know about it, 4chan is why what you posted happened
>>
Sisko was a decent commander but a shitty captain

Janeway was "Captain Mommy" and let that dumb indian have whole adventures based on his fire water bullshit

Kirk, well he can't be compared to the more modern captains because a lot of the stuff he did just seems ridiculous due to the difference in culture at their respective times.

Picard was probably the most brilliant and eloquent captain, far more refined than others with a mind for strategy and diplomacy.

Archer was a strong diplomat, and I give him credit simply because a lot of episodes dealt with overcoming the hurdles it took to get to the future incarnations.
>>
File: Alexander2374.jpg (19KB, 448x480px) Image search: [Google]
Alexander2374.jpg
19KB, 448x480px
Is Alexander /ourguy/?

>Father is disappointed in him
>Was bullied
>Considered the ship's clown
>Doesn't know how to fight
>Was given the chance to go back in time to fix himself and failed

Dejaren is also a robot as well, but Alexander is the only biological one.
>>
>>34316638
normie detected
>successful managed to juggle both religious roles as emissary and starfleet commander
>co-operates with bajorans, indirectly allowing for their home to recover after cardassian occupation
>resolves disputes surrounding the wormhole until the Dominion War
>cares about the welfare of his crew, see Dax and her hidden host, the Chief and his family issues, Quark and all his shit, Bashir and his true identity, Worf and his klingon shit, the list goes on frankly
>eventually sacrifices himself for the greater good
>>
>>34317071
muh fugging nigga
season 1 and 2 were a little dry but there was some gems in there, good character development, especially for Dax/Bashir and shit like that.
seasons 3/4/5 were really good, some very crunchy episodes in there.
good taste anon
>>
>>34323108
to be fair though, the bajorans, unlike the rest of the Alpha/Beta quadrant civs, were mostly isolated. they barely had any contact with others, and didnt really know how to respond when it came about. sure they were whiny assholes who bitched about muh prophets, but at the end of the day, they literally din du nuffin
>>
>>34326406
>Janeway was "Captain Mommy"
Glad someone else picked up on this instead of just criticizing her for making poor decisions. This is sort of part of what I liked about her. She kind of let people do their own shit even if it was immediately destructive or impulsive, and at the end of the day she cared about her crew as family.
>>
>>34313815
the black one because he's black
>>
>>34317101
Picard had plot armor, a better crew, a better ship, and better luck. Janeway got close to getting back to the alpha quadrant so many times but got cheated out of it by some technicality or bad luck just so the show could keep running.
>>
>>34325387
It was great that they made Tucker an actual character, but good god, do they have to shit on him every episode?
He's practically O'Brian
>>
File: Keiko.jpg (26KB, 320x245px) Image search: [Google]
Keiko.jpg
26KB, 320x245px
>>34325374
MIIIIIIILES!!!
WHY DON'T YOU LOOK ME IN THE EEEEEEYES WHEN WE MAKE LOOOOVE!?
SKREEEEEE!
>>
File: Broccoli.jpg (29KB, 451x549px) Image search: [Google]
Broccoli.jpg
29KB, 451x549px
>>34326611
Broccoli is the true Starfleet robot
>>34327596
O'Brien is a total cyborg. gets cucked by his wife, daughter hates him, and he's always the one who gets imprisoned/killed/shot in the shoulder
>>
>>34327596
>mfw I actually read that in her voice
damn son that was good
>>
>>34327548
He makes up for it by being extremely sexually attractive
>tfw you will never be his weird genderless itfriend
>>
Kirk, hands down. Fucks alien chicks, fistfights in space, and has ridiculous monologues about how the way humans do things is the BEST... AND ONLY... WAY... IN THE UNIVERSE.... And at least two out of three of those will happen in any given episode of TOS. Can't beat him.
>>
>sisko punches Q in his stupid face
>Q never bothers him again
>>
>>34314116
>>34314098
>>34314203
Excellent analysis, I love reading stuff like this

>>34316983
>The enterprise D was a city with civilians and children
more so a small town with a total crew of about 1000
>>
The correct answer is Sgt Speirs (retired as a Lt. Col).
>>
>>34329355
Dubs confirm for best Captain
Thread posts: 245
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.