[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would anyone join the military if your country is not being

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1479283909435.jpg (159KB, 746x982px) Image search: [Google]
1479283909435.jpg
159KB, 746x982px
Why would anyone join the military if your country is not being invaded by a foreign power?
>be constantly yelled at by other people
>have constant pressure to not fuck up because everyone is relying on you
>get sent to foreign countries to fight for something you don't care about
>risk seeing your friends die or yourself dying
>>
It builds character
Helps develop skills
Makes you stronger
Helps you deal with stress
Keeps you fit

Everyone should at least train in the army for some time in there life. Helps keep them to earth
>>
File: sargento gata.jpg (61KB, 751x751px) Image search: [Google]
sargento gata.jpg
61KB, 751x751px
stop being a fag, you're going to cry because some instructor is yelling at you?
>brazilian army sergeant
>>
>>34310775

because they got abused by their caregivers and haven't processed it so need to feel hypermasculine to compensate but also feel it's normal and almost comforting to blindly follow orders and be yelled at
>>
>>34310775

It's a good living if you don't have any employable skills, and you happen to work well in rough conditions.
>>
>>34310775
It can be a good thing for some people. Helps them kickstart life and teach them skills they could use later (assuming they don't go into combat arms, which most people don't go into).

Obviously it's not for everyone, but the military is what you make of it.
>>
File: 1466519640492.jpg (113KB, 600x684px) Image search: [Google]
1466519640492.jpg
113KB, 600x684px
Pic related man

>I like the way this sucks
>>
the us doesn't give its citizens some of the basic-ass rights all developed nations do, like healthcare and education, so a percentage of the disenfranchised defend our corporate interests abroad in an effort to trade for them, like getting a loan from the mafia when no bank will see you. we also treat soldiers like heroes, and you'd be surprised what people wouldn't do to be thanked by random strangers just for wearing a fucking combat uniform to walmart.
>>
I have no skills, want to do something exciting and I live in a country where I'm sure to be deployed (unlike US infantry). I know that if I don't enlist I'll just get a shitty call center job and eventually kill myself from the boredom.
>>
>>34311547
I want to be in the air force :^)
>>
>>34311547
What about the navy?
>>
>>34312117
They're busy "sucking"
>>
>>34311648
>implying it isn't worth it
>>
>>34312837
not at all. it's probably the best option for most of them, and that is a sad fact.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.