[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Work colleague recently took up Buddhism (despite being a

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Stop, invincible son.jpg (22KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Stop, invincible son.jpg
22KB, 460x276px
>Work colleague recently took up Buddhism (despite being a fedora level athiest a few months prior)
>No longer shows negative emotions
>Our new manager is an early 20-something Stacy who loves power
>She uses colleague's passiveness to her advantage, and bullies him to the full extent of her power (enough not to get her fired)
>He's completely fine with her and is willing to let her do it "because she'll learn her mistakes by herself one day"

Fuck, are all Buddhists like this? A few months ago he would've stood up for himself.
>>
He'll see soon that she will never learn by herself
>>
Buddhistbump
>>
File: 1477489463629.jpg (104KB, 500x637px) Image search: [Google]
1477489463629.jpg
104KB, 500x637px
I respect that. Perhaps the positive way to look at this is that he is "not letting it get to him."

I like to think that I also do the same.
>>
>>34309524
Buddhism like Stoicism often gets misinterpreted by people who are new to it in these regards "im cool with being walked all over". If it genuinely doesnt bother him then fair enough hes not bothered yet a true Buddhist or Stoic should still see the wrong in her actions and therefore challenge them for it. Whats more important is they do so in a genuine, honest and admonishing manner.
>>
>>34309524
what does she do exactly?
>>
>>34309524
A true Buddhist person would see that she is in the wrong.

Honestly if I ever had to choose a religion that was out there, it'd probably Sikhism.
>>
>>34309524
>Our new manager is an early 20-something Stacy who loves power
got any pics?
>>
File: MrBigglesworth.jpg (772KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
MrBigglesworth.jpg
772KB, 960x640px
>>34310678
> beheading your manager with your hidden magical knife

Why aren't we all bearded men with Swag?
>>
>>34310904
Sikhs believe that if you're attacked you have the right to fight back, hence the knives (also the reason why Muslims didn't make India a Muslim nation).
>>
What _kind_ of buddhism? Because atheist redditor buddhist of 2-3 months will probably not have done much work thinking about this - not that that's particular to atheist redditors, I was a little bit the same for a while.

Mahayana and a lot of others teaches to teach, even making it a vow not necessarily to proselytize but to demonstrate.truth as it comes to them. I mean if he feels this is the best way to do that, great, but especially being so early to the ideas, he shouldn't be shy about testing the limits of his ability to interact more meaningfully in conflict, and you should encourage him there even if you're not buddhist.

And yeah, too many muddle wu-wei, sahaja, non-violence, and the concept of reincarnation during life together into this sort of vanilla-pudding aversion to conflict, without really thinking about any of it. Moreover, Buddhism is _not_ stoicism. Stoicism is the Vulcan thing, Buddhism demands that you acknowledge what you feel and learn from it. I blame Alan Watts. I blame Alan Watts for everything.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.