[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a narc. I told on a coworker for stealing today. He

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (155KB, 627x375px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
155KB, 627x375px
I'm a narc. I told on a coworker for stealing today. He has only been working with us for three months and he thinks he can get away with that shit right under my nose. $75 out of the register. Only three other people work at my shop and we're all very respectable employees so I didn't feel like it was appropriate for him to take a liberty like that. I've never tattled before and it doesn't really feel good but the alternative felt worse. Still though, I feel bad. Like it was none of my business. What would you do?
>>
better him than you
>>
>>34306897
Why do you care so much about a thief?
>>
>>34306897
If he wanted to steal he shouldn't have gotten caught. Good job, OP.
>>
>>34306922

I was never in jeopardy though. He was under my supervision but if I hadn't said anything it most likely never would have been noticed. Though yes I guess I could have been under questioning if he had kept doing it when it was just me and him working. Who knows.
>>
>>34306897
"tattle" is a word made up by criminals. 75 bucks isn't taking a liberty, it's stealing

you did the right thing, I dno't know why you're here pretending it was the wrong thing to do.

You did good anon
>>
File: 1009148869420.png (178KB, 400x270px)
1009148869420.png
178KB, 400x270px
this is a different case than ratting someone out for breaking some bureaucratically generated and imposed useless rule that doesn't benefit anyone

direct thievery should not be tolerated under any circumstances, i understand and will tolerate some arguments against capitalism (and specifically mixed-economy corporatism) but once theft is tolerated everything goes to hell

and if there's no video evidence of him doing it and management/ownership realizes the shekels are missing, the scrutiny falls upon all of you. this may potentially adversely affect you

you've not fucked up bud, do try and settle this with yourself
>>
>>34306897

seventy five dollars is a lot to steal, especially for a small shop. i mean, are you really wondering if he was going to be a good coworker aside from that? probably not. you did the right thing.
>>
>>34306960
he would have kept doing it thats how thieves minds work if they can get away with it once they'll try again
>>
>>34306957

Thanks. I sort of feel the same way. I used to steal my ass off at a job I had about ten years ago. I never got caught. If I had, I would have deserved what I got.

>>34306964

I don't think it was wrong but I just feel like it was none of my beeswax. We are a small team but we work for a massive company. It was more about his disrespect than the money.

>>34306950

I don't want to work with someone that thinks it's okay to act like that. I've done a lot of awful things before so I get it but I've grown way up since those days. He's my age (27) and still openly talks about doing drugs all the time and then steals money right under my nose.
>>
>>34307012
a guy who steals 75 bucks in a small position would end up embezzling billions if everyone looked the other way

thanks for doing your part, 100% serious. I'm glad the US is not Chad, and a large part of that is simply the absence of corruption
>>
>>34306897
You have no loyalty to that guy, fuck him. It's a good story to tell the next time you have a job interview too if they ask you for a conflict example.
>>
They would've noticed a $75 dollar deficit in a drawer, no?

He got what he deserves, dw.
>>
>>34306897
Thieves are faggots, you did the right thing.
>>
Fuck him. That's only what you saw. He might have stolen more earlier. That's money that could have gone to your Christmas bonus. Don't get a Christmas bonus? Maybe your boss was considering it, but couldn't provide one because people keep stealing from the till. Also, money stolen from the till shows up clear as day during the next reconciliation. Employees who know they are well-respected might take advantage of the reduced scrutiny. A good manager knows this, so you also would have been a suspect.
>>
>>34306982

He did a cash return for a few cases of an item we have over 9000 of in stock. Inventory isn't for another 8 months so it would have never been found out. Small things like that disappear all the time so it would have been like it never happened if I hadn't said anything today.

>and if there's no video evidence of him doing it and management/ownership realizes the shekels are missing, the scrutiny falls upon all of you

This also crossed my mind. We all know each other's login info so anyone could easily frame another person for theft if they wanted to. Nipping it in the bud seemed like the right choice. I guess I just feel bad because I used to steal all the time and now I'm ratting someone out for doing it once.
>>
>>34307050

It wouldn't be a deficit because he did a return. Just missing inventory that wouldn't have been noticed for months and months. I was sitting in the office and heard him printing a receipt. We hadn't had anyone in the shop in three hours so I thought it was strange and went out there. I asked him what he was doing and he didn't say a word kek
That's when I knew what he was doing. Did a little bit of digging through the receipts and it was obvious what had happened.
>>
>>34307077

Yeah me and my assistant manager went through all of his cash returns today. There are quite a few that look suspicious. Who knows how many times he's done it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.