[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ive been on antidepressants for 10 years and on antipsychotics

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: antidepressants.jpg (307KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
antidepressants.jpg
307KB, 2000x1000px
ive been on antidepressants for 10 years and on antipsychotics for 2 years

anyone else here been on medications for a long term?

what meds?
how do you feel about it?
tell us about yourself?
>>
why do you take the meds? like what illnesses do you have? can you explain how you're like without them for the past year or 2 ive been wondering if i need to see a psych or something but i dont want to waste money
>>
>>34303083
t. ive taken meds for several years throughout my life and I feel like its totally fucked my mind and life. good luck op
>>
>>34303083
4 years maxed out on zyprexa Effexor and welbutrin.
I'd rather put a power drill to my anus than go through withdrawal.
>>
lithium for 7 years
>>34303245
I never noticed any side effects other than mild hand tremor when anxious
>>
>>34303083
Not long term but I start fluoxetine tomorrow. Anything I should know about this medicine?
>>
>>34303159
at first, when i was seventeen i got a depression diagnosis. the pdoc really focused in that which is why he didnt see other symptoms like strange beliefs and paranoia (the paranoia triggered social anxiety but he focused on social anxiety which apparently is common in depression)
i had a psychotic breakdown 2 years ago (at 26) and they gave me a schizophrenia diagnosis and reassessed the depression as more probably a flat effect. currently im on 200 mg of zoloft and 25 mg olanzapine

i've been so long on antidepressants (first prozac then effexor then cymbalta then prozac again and currently on zoloft) that i honestly dont remember how i was without them. as for the antipsychotics, without them i had auditory hallucinations and scarce visual hallucinations. since i was distracted with voices all day long i lost my job because my performance in almost anything was lacking
>>
>>34303245
>Depakote made me fat
olanzapine made me fat as well
>>
>>34303343

Fucks up my stomach and makes me feel pretty much nothing.
>>
>>34303343
the side effects when i first started taking them were, as far as i can remember:
seeing spots of light
brain zaps
nausea
hunger supression
inability to ejaculate

but they go away in about a month (again, as far as i can remember)
>>
>>34303493
ok thank you. i dont think i actually fully understood what anti psychotics were but i understand now. with the voices you were hearing did they just suddenly start regularly or did they happen once and then slowly pick up pace?
>>
>>34303364
i also took depakote for 4 years and didn't notice anything except possibly that it helped me not give a fuck about things, but I got off of it because I didn't think it was necessary and wanted to be on as few meds as possible and the timing was good to make changes like that. Plus I didn't want my doctor to figure out that I had only been taking half the dose for some years. No weight gain.
Zyprexa on the other hand made me gain 50 lb.
Seroquel made me sleep constantly, only took that shit for a week.
Zoloft no complaints. Even went off cold turkey without supervision which is insanely dangerous.
>>
>>34303579
>with the voices you were hearing did they just suddenly start regularly or did they happen once and then slowly pick up pace?
they started suddenly, i started hearing them when i was applying for a master degree, supposedly the pressure caused the onset
>>
>>34303628
ok thank you for this
>>
>>34303655
no problem. thanks for reading me
>>
>>34303245
Seroquel is supposed to make you sleep, its prescribed not only for schizophrenia
>>
Antipsychotics for about a year. They help
>>
>>34303516
>made
How was getting off of it?
I've been 25mg for a few years. Tried going off cold turkey.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
8KB, 480x360px
I was on antipsychotics for a few months. I had a hypomanic episode and was diagnosed with... I forget the name (basically bipolar but not quite). Eventually decided fuck that shit and stopped.

I'd rather be crazy.
>>
Lithium seroquel olanzapine Bipolar type 2.
>only had psychotic episodes after being prescribed drugs and they stopped after I weaned off them
Hmm
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.