[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are good conversation starters or icebreakers? It usually

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

what are good conversation starters or icebreakers?
It usually ends up into awkward silence, and never talking again. I get too shy to the point where I sweat a bit and such.
>>
>>34302619
Ask if they have seen a film recently (at least that is what a lot of normies I see do)
>>
File: 1465870558106.jpg (35KB, 447x583px) Image search: [Google]
1465870558106.jpg
35KB, 447x583px
Talk about your favorite food.
>>
According to aII known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat littIe body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway because bees don't care what humans think is impossible.
>>
File: vivisection.jpg (263KB, 2200x1633px) Image search: [Google]
vivisection.jpg
263KB, 2200x1633px
Ask if she likes animals, has pets, what kind.

Get a pet rat and take it everywhere you go.
>>
File: tumblr_n6ss7xfxVH1qfbon7o1_500.jpg (81KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n6ss7xfxVH1qfbon7o1_500.jpg
81KB, 500x353px
Take her to an orgy.

You don't have to talk, just grunt, squeal, honk and moan like everybody else.
>>
Be an expert at something. Then, talk about that. Alternately, ask them questions and let them talk. Lots of people will talk your ears off if you let them. Find those people, and let them.
>>
>>34303507
Don't do this, you will probably sound autistic

>>34302619
If <2 days from the weekend ask "How was your weekend?"
else if >3 from the weekend ask "Got any plans for the weekend?"
>>
>>34303583

Right. It's so easy, even an autistic person can do it! People like it when you are genuine, honest, and compassionate towards them. If you're a hopeless nerd like I am, own that shit and be the most enthusiastic and interesting nerd that you can be. Be a nerd about a variety of topics like I am so that you can find topics of common interest and discuss those.

Some people will be turned off by your true self, and will part ways with you. This is helpful for both parties, since they quickly learn that they are not compatible and can part ways without undue awkwardness. But when you find fellow academics and other kindred spirits they will be delighted to speak with you. You will then both happily expound at length upon your favorite topics.

Who cares if it sounds autistic? It works. Bill Nye and Neil DeGrasse Tyson became popular and made big bucks doing exactly this. How do you think that these academics talk in private? If they're like other academics I know, they talk about this stuff all the time, even in social situations where they don't have to. How do you think that they talk to members of the public in person? They lecture them charismatically in response to questions, and people love them for it.
>>
>>34303583
>Don't do this, you will probably sound autistic
>If <2 days from the weekend ask "How was your weekend?"
else if >3 from the weekend ask "Got any plans for the weekend?"

Hmm.
>>
>>34302619
here are a few basic questions that help break the ice:
where do you live?
how much do you weigh? (if they dont answer try to guess it)
do you have a daughter? if so, is she 18?
are traps gay?
literally walk up and audibly sniff them

if these dont work nothing will
>>
>>34302619
Tell her about that one time you got dubs
>>
I usually just talk shit about myself in a sarcastic tone (but I'm actually being serious) and get people to laugh with and at me

better than awkward silence
>>
>>34302619

>what'd you do last night?

idk just ask about some bullshit they probably wanna talk about
>>
>>34303380
>Ask if she likes animals, has pets, what kind.
Yeah that might work.
>Get a pet rat and take it everywhere you go.
Ahh, there goes that good ol autism.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.