[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come 10 years ago the famous youtubers were interesting characters,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: YouTube-logo-full_color.png (9KB, 773x481px) Image search: [Google]
YouTube-logo-full_color.png
9KB, 773x481px
How come 10 years ago the famous youtubers were interesting characters, like the chocolate rain guy or the leave britney alone guy, whereas now the famous youtubers are all massive normalfags?
>>
>>34300743
Youtube poops died and so did my fascination with youtube.
>>
>>34300743

That is how trends are started. The exceptional ones get it rolling. Exceptionally talented or just exceptionally abnormal. And when it gets some popularity and mainstream appeal, the normies will flock to it to capitalize on the social status this new thing can bring them.
>>
>tfw kind of grew up with old YouTube and wanted to be a YouTube personality
>tfw now that I'm old enough to be taken seriously the website sucks and is too bloated for a channel to be discovered.
>>
Google's taken Youtube in a different direction, it's trying to transition the site into a more and more legitimate entertainment platform. A single viral video is like a one hit wonder, it's shit. They want content producers who reliably produce hits daily, that means promoting likable normalfags. People like Pewdiepie and Markiplier are the prototypes for that platform, shoveling out low quality but accessible and popular SHIT regularly. You've also got a few hardcore kike producers like the Fine Bros with actual budgets and staff looking to bank some shekels.
>>
>>34301273

Pewdiepie is actually a cool guy though, he's not even a normie tbqh.
>>
File: why v sucks.png (112KB, 734x516px) Image search: [Google]
why v sucks.png
112KB, 734x516px
have you considered that the userbase has drastically changed
>>
I've actually started watching PewDiePie.

mods please don't ban right away, his current videos are actually pretty funny. Mostly he bitches about his fans and youtube problems.

...no I didn't start watching because someone said he was a nazi now >.>
>>
>>34301304
yeah, but he's just what YouTube is looking for

Someone who makes lots of low quality videos daily to churn out that ad revenue
>>
the problem is youtube is the problem with basically everything in modern society, adsense.

Fucking adsense, People just posted up shit for the hell of it, maybe they got donations or went on TV to get a few bucks, but now everything has to be tailored to reach google's retarded algorithm which has effectively killed any creativity
>>
>watching normie shit on youtube
>>
>>34301304
I obviously don't follow him, I've watched some videos and he seems like a huge faggot over-acting for views.

Like,
>let's play a scary game and just scream constantly ha ha so fanny xd

Regardless he's an ultra S-rank normalfag, he's literally a fucking celebrity.
>>
I've noticed this huge shift recently.

The 'trending' page in Australia is now constantly filled with those videos by channels like therichest, "10 unexplained strange creatures found on women's faces" and that sort of thing. Pretty annoying.
>>
>>34301467
It's clickbait. The death of any algorithmicly determined sorting mechanism. People will always exploit algorithms.
>>
>>34301467

Top ten reasons why (thing you like) is actually (intentionally contrarian opinion)

is arguably the easiest clickbait to make and oh boy do people click it like no tomorrow
>>
Monetization of youtube encourage youtubers to use a formula of catering to the lowest common denominator. As well as google limiting freedom on what youtubers can and can't do, can say and can't say or they lost their monetization privileges.

Vid.me doesn't look that much better.
>>
>>34301386

He actually doesn't make those videos anymore.

This is the video that got me to start checking out his newer content/actually like what he's making.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY90PIaxQb8

He pretty much makes a parody of all the other jewtuber car vids.
>>
>>34301467
>thumbnail features something circled in red with an arrow pointing to it
>>
File: merchant squirrel.jpg (1MB, 2090x1703px) Image search: [Google]
merchant squirrel.jpg
1MB, 2090x1703px
>>34301540
Top Ten Reasons why Donald Trump is Will Be Impeached by June

Oh shit you're right!

Six Reasons It's Not Too Late For Hillary Clinton to Become President (#4 Will Make You Cry)
>>
>>34301582
>the thing being circled and pointed too is in right smack middle of the thumbnail

what's the point, we all see it. This is probably useless effort on the clickbaiters side

>>34301467
>Trending page is nothing but trump shit for the first few rows

i mean, yeah he's president now but i feel like those aren't trending, especially with only a few thousand views
>>
>>34301747
>but i feel like those aren't trending, especially with only a few thousand views

It's not, but he is, it's also pulling in trending from actual google searches as well as twitter hashtags
>>
File: 4L_1XX3Unp2.jpg (180KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
4L_1XX3Unp2.jpg
180KB, 1000x1000px
>>34300743
>Implying that PewDiePie isn't goat
>Implying that red pilling a generation on the jews and going full 1488 on 50 million subscribers isn't the most unexpected turn in YouTube history

Take off the rose colored glasses, they make you look like a faggot
>>
>>34301540
>see one of this videos
>look behind my shoulder
>open in new incognito window
>>
>>34302652
YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!

stop that right now
>>
there were barely any 'famous' youtubers 10 years ago because youtube was only 2 years old at the time. it was just filled with a bunch of videos. now it's all fucking shills and worthless trash
>>
the only good youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/kyle
>>
>>34301570
Is Pewdiepie actually redpilled now? I keep seeing threads of him on /pol/
>>
>>34302693
2006 youtube was GOAT. I hate the new layouts and commenting system. Each time they update it, I seem to dislike it more and more.
>>
>>34302748
actually yes. he called someone a cuck, puts hitler imagery in his videos very regularly, and calls out the media.

It's very weird because I remember my little brother watching his shitty videos years ago and getting mad at him. I wonder if he still watches now.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.