[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.ibtimes.com/trump-name-n et-neutrality-foe-ajit-p

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: E7yTH01.png (418KB, 606x557px) Image search: [Google]
E7yTH01.png
418KB, 606x557px
http://www.ibtimes.com/trump-name-net-neutrality-foe-ajit-pai-fcc-chairman-2478792

>People from arguably one of the last holdouts of the free and open internet vocally support Trump for president
>Somehow Trump actually gets elected
>/pol/ et al. rejoice
>Trump decides to appoint Pajeet to FCC chair
>Pajeet is going to end net neutrality

The internet as we know it might have just memed itself out of existence.
>>
>>34299491
you ever read judge dredd?
>>
great job ///pol///
>>
what is net neutrality and why should I care?
>>
>>34299491
>4chan closes down
I'd be rejoicing too.
>>
>>34299508

Only the livings commit crimes, Anon, it's obvious that someone must do something about it.

Concerning this place...
> This is a silent epidemic of media desensitisation that teaches kids it's OK to diss people because they are a woman, they're a different colour or they're from a different place.
> - Hillary Clinton

So Americans were fucked either way, their leaders all seem to be concerned by the tinfoilhat wearers. Hmmm really wonder why.
>>
>>34299703
I meant more along the lines about how the judge system became a thing in the first place.
its uncanny how similar it is to whats happening now.
>>
>>34299553
Simplified answer:

Net Neutrality is the current position of the FCC and represents the status quo of the Internet, at least in America (and in many other countries). It describes a set of belief in how the Internet should be regulated (both by the government and by ISPs)--specifically, that the content of the internet should be neutrally accessible. Quoting Wikipedia:
>Net neutrality is the principle that Internet service providers and governments regulating the Internet should treat all data on the Internet the same, not discriminating or charging differentially by user, content, website, platform, application, type of attached equipment, or mode of communication.

Imagine if you had to buy a specific plan from Comcast that allowed you to access certain websites (say, any website that didn't pay Comcast a premium). This doesn't happen today because the FCC doesn't allow it, per net neutrality.

You can imagine what Comcast would do if the government removed the restrictions on how they could charge for internet access.
>>
lol /pol/ will bury their head in the sand on this one. the only rejoinder i can think of is

>Good! The government shouldn't regulate anything ever. Based god-emperor is destroying the FCC, praise kek!

because, for them, trump sometimes becomes a radical libertarian figure when it suits their specific arguments

american ISPs like comcast are the single most compelling argument against letting large corporations do whatever they want
>>
>>34299963
It's funny because that's what they're actually saying right now
>>
>>34299491

Does this really surprise anyone? I mean when has Trump done anything to indicate he isn't going to prioritize the super wealthy over everyone else?
>>
File: IMG_0118.png (155KB, 373x339px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0118.png
155KB, 373x339px
>>34299491
What if this is a good thing for the alt-right though?
>ISP make loading up Tumblr, Twitter, and faggy subreddits nearly impossible
>the cum-youths turn to alt-rightism Instead of SJWism
Never forgetti, eXtreme SJWs vs. the Alt-right dichotomy killed the whole Occupy protest movement.
>>
>trumpcucks getting cucked on by their blond bull
this is gonna be a daily occurence and I can't wait

>>34300254
>ISP make loading up Tumblr, Twitter, and faggy subreddits nearly impossible

Why would that ever happen you fucking autist
>>
>>34300312
Because big businesses lobby all the time for less regulations, less taxes, etc. and Trump wants all that + Republicans control the house and senate.
>>
>>34299703
exactly

this place is fucked in the long run regardless.
>>
>>34299491
Good, Internet should be shut down, it's making people autistic.
>>
>>34300254
>Never forgetti, eXtreme SJWs vs. the Alt-right dichotomy killed the whole Occupy protest movement.

This is retarded

The concept of the "alt-right" did not exist during the era of the Occupy movement(s)

Occupy was ineffective largely because it by design lacked strong organizational leadership. Pretty intense suppression, particularly in NYC, also did its part to quell the protests.

Lefty in-fighting is a common feature of literally all leftist spaces, but that wasn't why Occupy failed and it certainly wasn't in any way related to /stormfront/ and Trump's online celebrity fanclub.
>>
File: 1482640551425.jpg (89KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1482640551425.jpg
89KB, 700x525px
>>34300065
It shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone. People were posting about this very topic before he got elected and nobody gave a shit.

/pol/ really thought he would have "more important things to deal with" and just wouldn't do anything with regard to net neutrality which is obviously a moronic position.

I remember one thread in particular where people pretty much agreed that the Internet had helped Trump so much that he wouldn't "turn his back on them" if/when elected.

lol.
>>
>>34301064
and how is /pol/ rationalizing this away now?
>>
File: fgsfds.png (308KB, 669x574px) Image search: [Google]
fgsfds.png
308KB, 669x574px
>>34299491
I fixed that news article for you, OP.
>>
>>34301100
see
>>34299963
>>34300029

Trump wants to deregulate everything. This is good because government regulations are illegitimate, apparently.

Except for government regulations on immigration, we need more of those.

It's kind of interesting to watch /pol/ bend to accommodate every single incongruous position Trump holds because they so firmly believe that since he's /theirguy/ he can truly do no wrong.
>>
>>34301216
what if trump got a sex change and gay married a black guy?
>>
>>34301250
40-dimensional chess
>>
Net neutrality was a goner no matter who won desu
>>
>>34301557
It was always under threat but Obama actually came through on that one in a big way.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/27/technology/net-neutrality-fcc-vote-internet-utility.html

>In November, President Obama took the unusual step of urging the F.C.C., an independent agency, to adopt the "strongest possible rules" on net neutrality.
>Mr. Obama specifically called on the commission to classify high-speed broadband service as a utility under Title II. His rationale: "For most Americans, the Internet has become an essential part of everyday communication and everyday life."

Obama basically told the FCC chair (who wasn't necessarily pro-net neutrality at the onset of his appointment) "I want the FCC to defend net neutrality" and they actually did.

It's impossible to say since it didn't happen, but Clinton's hypothetical FCC chair would have been 500x more likely to maintain the status quo than Trump's dude.
>>
>>34300254
Verizon is buying tumblr dummy.
>>
>>34299553
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtt2aSV8wdw&ab_channel=CGPGrey

there's a three minute video in case >>34299703 wasn't clear enough for you
>>
>>34300254
Tumblr, Twitter, and faggy reddit has the money to pay the ISPs the money for the ""fast"" lane
>>
File: 1484555787804.png (478KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1484555787804.png
478KB, 500x667px
>>34300029
Can you link to the /pol/ thread? I want to see this with my own eyes.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.