[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> tfw no fellow STALKER to share stories about the Zone and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 13

File: (34).jpg (34KB, 612x410px) Image search: [Google]
(34).jpg
34KB, 612x410px
> tfw no fellow STALKER to share stories about the Zone and get comfy to eastern european guitar tracks
>>
>>34288473
>tfw just installed Call of Chernobyl with Arsenal Overhaul
>tfw I just BTFO'd a well-equipped bandit outpost with a sawed off shotgun
It's good to be back
>>
>>34288524

Privyet, brother!
I'm up for chatting anytime.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/chunkycrow
>>
>>34288588
I'll add you sometime later, brother, as I'm away from my PC at the moment.
Expect tales of misery and suffering soon.
>>
Anyone here tried the Metro serie right after playing at stalker?
I did and boy that was awful.
>>
>>34288693
Only played the first one, thought it was pretty good though. Spooky as fuck.
>>
>>34288693

yeah, 2033 and Last Light.
Also read the books.

Both series are absolute god-tier.
>>
>>34288705
>>34288715
I finished CoP and did last light afterward. I really didn't feel like Metro was as good as everyone says.

But coming from a literal masterpiece to an above average game (which made me kind of scream when the paths to stealth were so obvious) made me feel disgusted at Last light. I just felt the console's level design targeting the average player.
>>
>>34288800

I know what you mean. It's hard to impossible to beat CoP (especially with mods).
But I still liked Metro's atmopshere a lot.
It felt cheap at times, sure...but this rough, cold, dangerous atmosphere and the music amazed me.

I highly suggest the books.
>>
>>34288839
I've read Metro 2033. It was a nice read, but nothing special. 2034 was garbage.

Roadside picnic on the other end is very good.
>>
File: nv3Bx2a.jpg (103KB, 680x932px) Image search: [Google]
nv3Bx2a.jpg
103KB, 680x932px
>>34288872

To each their own but yeah, Roadside Picnic was a masterpiece. You've watched the STALKER movie? Didn't actually like it that much.

> tfw no S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
>>
>>34288907
I watched it, and while I get to understand what the director wanted to do, I didn't like the absence of real life corpses.

I mean, the whole movie revolves around "is the zone real or an invention of the stalker's mind?", but at the same time there ARE tanks and corpses outside.

That or I'm retarded. Above average, way above average, but clearly not on par with masterpieces.
>>
File: get out of here.jpg (153KB, 827x827px) Image search: [Google]
get out of here.jpg
153KB, 827x827px
>>34288952

I can agree with that. Have you heard of 'Escape from Tarkov'? Any thoughts?
>>
>>34288988
Yeah, I've heard about it. I can't grow hype for anything, I just hope it'll get released a day.

But STALKER mods are the way to look for though. Way more chances to have new content that way.

>tfw I wanted to learn stalker guitar songs on the one I got for my 16th birthday, but never really used
>>
File: 1482799677947.png (1MB, 998x1073px) Image search: [Google]
1482799677947.png
1MB, 998x1073px
>>34289050

I understand that. It does look interesting and besides Mods, this is probably the only thing to look forward to as a fan.
(I'm currently fighting my way through 'Misery'...that will HOPEFULLY recieve an update soon)

> tfw no cozy campfire to sit around with my comrades, playing this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_-fba2hBG4
>>
File: 1484637231221s.jpg (3KB, 115x125px) Image search: [Google]
1484637231221s.jpg
3KB, 115x125px
fug ive waited all my life for this thread

stalker really is /ourgame/

gotta go to school though... dammit

just a reminder to praise the Monolith
>>
>>34289096
I'm letting the experience's dust settle, as CoP is still too fresh in my mind. But you can bet that it's a game I'll keep on coming back.

Stalker a day, Stalkia forever.
>>
>>34288715
I didn't like 2034 as much. It felt the same as last light, like Glukohsky was writing to a dumbed down audience and last light was obviously pandering to console plebs.
>>
File: STALKER2.jpg (89KB, 347x347px) Image search: [Google]
STALKER2.jpg
89KB, 347x347px
>>34289141
>>34289153

I'm happy to see so much aprecciation for the game, lads.
>>
>>34289207
When you talk about a masterpiece, you're turning on a light during a summer's night.

It will attract anyone with good taste.

>tfw IRL pals enjoys fallout 4 and you can only mildly say their taste is average
>tfw I just want to say they enjoy 50 shades of grey of videogames
>>
>>34289253

I suppose.
And yeah, my roomates are the exact same.
They are LITERALLY saying the graphics turn them off?
It doesn't even look bad, especially with mods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3Hqqh3CwXU
>>
>>34289314
Graphics are a meme
I have much more fun with ADOM than with new AAA garbage
>>
>>34289314
The worse part as that is that it's true that I spent a lot of time on videogames in my life. But because of retards that enjoys CoD, Skyrime, and other shitty games or just average, you cannot even start to show your power level without looking like a "geek".

Pretty much like anime really. 99% of it is garbage, but some are definitely worth the time.

Same goes with videogames. Same goes with namecalling.

I mean, a fat tumblr stereotype IRL began talking about anime, and how Shingeki no Kyoujin was great, and Naruto not that bad. Her backpack is filled with pins of popular references as Dr who, hunger games, cpt america, and stuff like that.
These shitheads are the loudest fuckers, and sadly represent in other's mind how people enjoying some part of culture are.
>>
File: 1478288356456.jpg (356KB, 680x932px) Image search: [Google]
1478288356456.jpg
356KB, 680x932px
>tfw daydreaming about a nuclear holocaust where you and other /stalkerbros/ fight everyday to survive the day

If you gonna die it won't matter since everyone is already dead
>>
>>34288872
Metro 2035 is actually pretty ok again.
If you're interested read the St. Petersburg triology. It's a really nice addition to the universe
>>
>>34289776
Unfortunately my time is limited, and I'd rather read something I'm sure is good and is well seen in society than a serie of book that I know is decent but not that skyrocking.

I want to have a play with bourgeois a day|/spoiler]
>>
Shameless bumpidity bimp
>>
File: 1484065871738.jpg (62KB, 671x665px) Image search: [Google]
1484065871738.jpg
62KB, 671x665px
>>34289723
This...this is the only reason why I'm trying to get in shape and learn guitar...
>>
I got excited cause I thought OP meant literal stalking and I need more stalker friends.
>>
S.T.A.L.K.E.R best game
>>
i drink vodka and play stalker for true experience
>>
>you will never play a stalker game that lets you play as a girl

This feel hurts me every day
>>
>>34289723
I'll be on your team anon
>>
>>34290512
i think there are mods for that
>>
File: 1463780215394.gif (120KB, 365x507px) Image search: [Google]
1463780215394.gif
120KB, 365x507px
>mfw I found out Varg plays STALKER
>>
>>34288473
>tfw all out of cheap vodka, "bread" and sausage made from shittiest butchery waste to munch while playing CoC as bandit
Game suitable nom noms are fundamental part of immersion for me.
>>
Tell me what makes stalker so good

What do you do in the game really? Run around the overworld, shoot bandits, loot guns so you can shoot more bandits and get better guns?
>>
>>34290730
There is a plot to follow.
But if you wanna boil it down to the bare bones to make it sound unappealing, you forgot also shooting mutants and shitting yourself when you find a lone bloodsucker or chimera.

Also looting guns is pretty pointless unless you're killing master stalkers for their shit.
>>
>>34290730
It's about the whole atmosphere, the sense of hopelessness, the scary things that happens in the dark, and so on.

There's a main story as well, which goes deeper in the lore and makes average books irrelevant as YOU are playing THE story. It's just an incredible game that allows you to immerse in.
>>
>>34290758
I don't want to boil it down to make it unappealing, I've always wanted to play stalker, I just don't know what it's about. Everyone always tells me that it's good because it's 'immersive' but I want to know what really makes it good, because so many people like it. Is it like some kind of thing where you can't really explain what makes it good?
>>
>>34290783
We all explain it: Atmosphere.

If you want to go further, it's the whole experience. Like reading a good book, it's an addition of every details being right that allows to surpass the ammount of goodness from the details.
>>
>>34288693
I thought Metro was good, but it would be better in a sandbox game like Stalker, but then I guess it would just be another Stalker game so whatever.

It was fun to see how similar the two games are in their themes though. A lot of the devs from Stalker worked on the Metro games.

I heard Stalker 2 is making its way out of purgatory, So that gives me some hope.

Misery COP best Stalker BTW
>>
>>34290880
Try Call of Chernobyl with Misery mod, heard it's very good and challenging. There's a link in STALKER general if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>34290783
Gotta say it's the atmosphere and immersion. I know that a poor answer but it's the one I'm going with.

It's fun to wander around the zone. Be alone if you'd like. Be a bandit if you'd like. Meet other Stalkers by the side of the road and talk 'bout some Breeki with them. Get fucked over by muties. Acquire new equipment. Discover hidden stashes. Oogle that sick gear that the trader has but you can't afford. Run for cover as an emission threatens to fry your brain into pudding.

There is just so much to Stalker. My only complaint is that it may be too easy once you know the ins and outs. But there are tons of mods and you can get difficulty mods if you like.

>>34290970
Wait! Misery works with COC?!?! That sounds awesome. I thought I read in the readme for COC that Misery was not supported.

Also do you know why SOC is more expensive than Clear Sky?
>>
>>34291074
>>34291074
It's not THE Misery mod but something extremely similar to it, its called Call of Misery.
And CS is cheaper because it's pretty much a rehashed SoC, but buggier and less interesting.
>>
>>34291362
Yeah some anons in /vg/ pointed COM out to me, looking at the cyrillic website right now. Thanks for pointing it out anon.

Stay Cheeki
>>
File: pepearmy.png (486KB, 772x514px) Image search: [Google]
pepearmy.png
486KB, 772x514px
>>34288473
[firmly] get out of here stalker
>>
File: 1473280954883.jpg (175KB, 600x640px) Image search: [Google]
1473280954883.jpg
175KB, 600x640px
>The metro hate

STOP

Both Metro and STALKER were great games
>>
>>34291818
It's not hatred. It just happens that STALKER is better.

And don't go "muh I liked it you can't say it's not as good as I think it is because it'll hurt me because it means you're saying I'm bad"
You can like whatever you want anon, but you can't say everything is good.
>>
>>34291818
>Both Metro and STALKER were great games
Yeah, but STALKER is just greater is all
>>
>>34291818
If Metro had an open world it would be much better.
It was a great game but the linear gameplay sucked
>>
File: ITxzidy.jpg (133KB, 600x640px) Image search: [Google]
ITxzidy.jpg
133KB, 600x640px
>>34292832
>>34292906
You can't compare the two. Both were good but Metro was obviously a story based game while STALKER... was a master of all the elements... Reee!

>>34293001
I think this too. The metro would be and outside of Russia would be awesome to explore but.. Nevermind. I just believe that it would be better than STALKER if it were free roam if you were less into the Sci-fi atmosphere STALKER gives off
>>
>>34292832
>>34292906

This is pretty true. Metro, to me, felt like STALKER lite. The flashy action and mutant fighting and a small bit of the atmosphere of STALKER without the exploration, full atmosphere, or overall raw emotion that makes STALKER truly immersive and great.

Metro is STALKER filtered and distilled into a modern fast paced big budget mindset.
>>
>>34293085
Yes you can compare the two. Not only on their story, gameplay, atmosphere, but most importantly, on the overall greatness of it.

Stalker is a masterpiece. Metro is a good piece. Get over it. Only underages would go your way, having no distinction between what you like and who you are
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.