[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of self righteous virtue signaling emotional

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 14

File: IMG_9027.jpg (50KB, 401x278px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9027.jpg
50KB, 401x278px
What do you guys think of self righteous virtue signaling emotional vegans who care about animals?

What do you actually care about when it comes to animals? Are you into science, spider monkeys n' shit? National Geographic or anything?

Why do you think the weird PETA people care more about chickens and defaming orca shows than endangered animals and science?
>>
>>34284990
>Why do you think the weird PETA people care more about chickens and defaming orca shows than endangered animals and science?
well if you look at a lot of the people who are really for wildlife conservation and protecting endanageted species, a lot of them are vegans. Plus raising cattle is one of the biggest factors of us chopping down the rainforest at an alarming rate, not financially contributing to that is helping them more than signing on online petition that doesn't do anything

and that question could easily be turned back, why do so many carnists care about dogs and cats so much and calm themselves animal lovers, then pay for their systematic slaughter that fucks up the environment

but using PETA as the face of vegans isn't really fair considering most vegans these days hate them. carnists hate them. ASPCA and AKC type groups hates them. Literally everyone hates them. They have done some good shit in the past, but doesn't even compare to the bad shit in recent years. The most anti PETA people I've met have been vegans
>>
File: 1484047673471.jpg (55KB, 655x360px) Image search: [Google]
1484047673471.jpg
55KB, 655x360px
>>34285090
Well said, Anon. Also, people who fancy environmentalists/conservationists, but aren't vegan, or at the very least, vegetarian, just give me a laugh 'cause that's not just a wee bit hypocritical at all, nope...
>>
File: 1474113621713.gif (943KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1474113621713.gif
943KB, 480x360px
>>34285165
fancy themselves*
That's likely obvious enough, but just in case.
>>
>>34285165
>hypocritical
this always bothered me. And if you call them out on the hypocrisy it's just "ugh vegans are annoying!!111!11" to try and deal with their cognitive dissonance over realizing they call themselves animal lovers but willingly help fund the slaughter/inhumane treatment of billions annually

I'm lucky in that I work at an animal shelter, and most of my coworker's recognize this so well over half of my workplace is vegan or vegetarian and most of the carnists are slowly changing their diet and very interested in a more humane lifestyle. All the catering at company events is vegetarian and most is vegan and we have a ton of local vegan food company sponsors. Feels good man
>>
>>34284990
Idk, Animals are 'ight and bio-diversity in nature is good but PETA and other Eco-nuts that wish all humans would die take it way too far.
>>
File: 1480401064382.jpg (132KB, 620x880px) Image search: [Google]
1480401064382.jpg
132KB, 620x880px
>>34285255
Damn, MVIII. That sounds fucken fantastic. I'm envious.
>>
>>34285165
What does the environment have to do with being a vegetarian?
Are people who invest their money to make more money to spend on crap that makes them happy hypocritical?

I like meat, I think science clearly shows that environmental biodiversity is good for everyone, and I think it's only logical to phase out reliance on finite resources. I don't have to be a vegan to be an environmentalist (kinda).
>>
>>34285090
so what you're saying is we need to genetically engineer big fat elephant sized cows, or just start domesticating/breeding/farming elephants
>>
>>34285385
>What does the environment have to do with being a vegetarian?
Raising meat is one of the most harmful things humans do to the environment, especially cattle. Greenhouse gsses, deforestation, water pollution, etc

>Are people who invest their money to make more money to spend on crap that makes them happy hypocritical?
They are when they claim to love animals then turn a blind eye to what they choose to fund
>>
Most people eat meat and go to university to be entomologists, biologists or field scientists to work on the environment. If you're think they're mostly vegan you're retarded.

The people who care more about whales and panda bears than animals that actually matter in ecosystems are just virtue signaling.

They think not eating meat makes a difference when companies like McDonald's bring cheap food worldwide and literally help solve world hunger.
>>
>>34285433
also excuse any typos in my posts it's 3am and I'm drunk
>>
>>34285390
There is already synthetic meat made from zero animals, this just needs to start being mass produced whilst being cost effective.
>>
>>34285442
>They think not eating meat makes a difference when companies like McDonald's bring cheap food worldwide and literally help solve world hunger.
You really think starving kids are buying bigmacs?
>>
>>34285458
They're not exactly eating vegan either dumbass, but yes; McDonald's does bring cheap food everywhere, including third world countries.
>>
>>34285465
This. Even if we stop eating meat, nobody else gives a fuck.
>>
File: IMG_8883.jpg (28KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8883.jpg
28KB, 500x313px
>you don't care about animals, you eat meat!
>mfw im a paleontologist and everything is already dead
>>
I always hated this too. Every vegan can tell me why animals are suffering, but none of them could ever tell me anything interesting about the animals they're saving.

B-but the chickens

I bet you cunts don't even know the invasive species where you live or which animals are overpopulating because you're virtue-signaling daft cunts.
>>
File: 606523614.jpg (23KB, 461x720px) Image search: [Google]
606523614.jpg
23KB, 461x720px
>>34285443
I've been making typos a lot lately as well, but unfortunately for me it isn't fro drunkenness, I'm just overtired yet can't sleep. I have a bottle of veganfaggot certified wine somewhere, but forgot where the hell I put it.
Only one left. Goddamn it.
>>
>>34285433
>raising meat (...)
We need to find enviormentally friendly ways of raising animals and we should invest in greenhouse capturing technology. That's my take on that.

>claim to love animals
Well, I care about the environment for my sake and sake of future generations of people.

Mistreatment of animals is bad, but it's honestly one of the last thing that comes to mind when thinking of all the reasons to care about the environment.
>>
People think vegans are annoying because they aren't interesting or rational. Anon said they're not like the PETA morons, but they're all still zealots. They'll never change anything in a positive way because they prey on insecurities.
>>
File: 1306696541885.jpg (73KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
1306696541885.jpg
73KB, 533x800px
I think this whole thread and the general emotional state that motivated it falls under the heading of letting the perfect be the enemy of the good.

Vegans aren't perfect. Any particular one probably doesn't know everything there is to know about animals or food production. But if animal cruelty exists at all, we can say that industrial meat production is cruel, and in that case the potential vegan or even a person who just cuts most of the meat out of their diet is, in the absolute sense, doing better than people who might admit that the cruelties exist but say to themselves "eh, can't change it" and continue to eat away. Really, all that's failing to change here is the person. Instead of making an effort, they try to find some hint of hypocrisy, or blow off the importance of it, or suppose that vegans themselves are insincere and just want attention (a classic 4chan rationalization).

Anything other than considering the facts as they are laid out and the moral intuitions they will naturally lead to, because of the fear of the action and change that the conclusions will demand.
>>
>>34285766
The problem is that they don't know much about animals, not that they know "everything".

Why not try to help animals in a more constructive way? Even adopting animals or building a birdhouse, or spreading knowledge makes more sense than "I don't eat meat".

Why do you think planet earth II is more of a hit than those vile shitty farm butchering videos? It's because one of them knows how to communicate.

Again, generally speaking, a lot of people DO look for attention this way and there's nothing wrong with that really, it's just very conceited. It's no different than the shit-tier bacon jokes people always make.

Telling people they can't be creative to help animals because they eat meat and that they're solely destructive is thick-headed and ignorant.
>>
>>34285766
I agree with you in most things, anon

But I think that "just wanting attention" is more than a "classic 4chan rationalization"

Seriously, the amount of narcissistic people out there is just out staggering, and (I'm sorry not an utopian) there's nothing we can do about that
>>
Crazy here chiming in. Might open another perspective, who knows..

Plants don't have nervous systems or brains, but there are botanists who can tell us they have analagous structures with a two second google search. we automatically assume you need a brain to process information and ears to hear, but plants always react with defensive chemicals to caterpillars eating them, or when you mow the lawn. This is what anyone might call "fear". In even basic much smaller life-forms Such as invertebrates. Many of which are also killed because of pesticides and crops for "alternative friendly lifestyles".

You can put a plant out with a human anesthetic, too, which is something widely unknown and not only that, plants produce their own compounds that are anesthetics to us. There are no electrical signals but they do produce neurotransmitters, like dopamine, serotonin and other chemicals the human brain uses.

Mimosa is a plant, which looks something like a fern, that collapses its leaves temporarily when it is disturbed like a Venus flytrap.So Biologists set up a contraption that would drop the mimosa plant, without hurting it. When the plantdropped, as expected, its leaves collapsed. They kept dropping the plants every five to six seconds. After five or six drops, the plants would stop responding, as if they'd learned to tune out the stimulus as irrelevent. This is a very important part of learning.. to learn what you can safely ignore in your environment.
Maybe the plant was just getting worn out from all the dropping? To test that, the biologist took the plants that had stopped responding to the drops and shook them instead.They would continue to collapse. They had made the distinction that the dropping was a signal they could safely ignore. And what was more incredible is that the scientist would retest them every week for four weeks and, for a month, they continued to remember their lesson.

We're learning that plants and animals are more connected.
>>
>>34286397
>show carnal a sad cow movie

>literal blood and gore

>you're eating meat, you're ignoring animals! Your opinion doesn't count!

>go and eat a burger but feel insecure because vegan friend always shame me

>vegetarian eats some crying fucking salads and they don't give a shit

>goes on ignoring systematic vegetable abuse an hour later

>the peepos greenhouse is too small, let it be free in the wild
>>
File: 600x600.jpg (71KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600x600.jpg
71KB, 600x600px
>peta fag releases minks because "lul furrr is murderrrr"

>the vast majority of them get run over because they are drawn to the lights

>literally released them to their deaths

>also vandalized local fur trader businesses

>stole things from REI and other retailers to fund their rampage

>posted on animal forums getting tons of "you go gurrll!"

>literally commiting crime to murder what they are "protecting"

Furfaggot PETA fag logic guys

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-animal-activist-mink-sentencing-met-20160229-story.html
>>
>>34286564
forgot this:

>gets thrown in jail for 3 years

>has to pay back oer 200,000 in restitution to the victims
>>
>>34286397
Fucking this.

Why do vegans only care about insects when they're crushed for food colouration or makeup?

Do they not realize pesticides for muh vegetables mutate and kill invertebrates?

There is literally no way to live without causing harm to other life.
>>
It's hilarious how as soon as credible, interesting science starts rolling in about plants and animals the vegans disappear because they're more interested in themselves than learning.
>>
File: f7FdEdG.jpg (10KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
f7FdEdG.jpg
10KB, 260x194px
>>34284990
Because they themselves are as worthless as the animals they are trying to protect.
>>
>>34286890
Do you think that all animals are worthless? Or do you just mean the borderline-retarded fucking cows
>>
File: 1482280690395.png (16KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1482280690395.png
16KB, 650x650px
>>34286921
>tfw humans are actually also animals themselves
this triggers the common human
>>
>>34287149
I think you mean "This triggers the retard"
>>
File: CU1rY.jpg (45KB, 540x357px) Image search: [Google]
CU1rY.jpg
45KB, 540x357px
>>34286921
No, I really mean all animals. Animals are not going to save the world.

I'm not some hardass who hates animals, but really, the problems of humanity are so much more important than anything going on with animals.

Really, I wouldn't want to see any animal species go extinct- especially the pretty ones- but it's not at the top of my priorities. And I don't think the people who control things will really let them go extinct either.

There are people who believe that Earth would be better without humans? I understand this to some extent, but animals are barbarians who kill each other and have no real concept of beauty. Intelligence will just develop again, and all the problems inherent with it will develop again as well.
>>
>>34285546
Chickens are quite fucking boring and uninteresting, yes, but so are most humans.

Until I am allowed to eat cats, dogs and people too I choose not to vote for carnism with my money at all.
>>
>>34286821
Still here, enjoying the show.

PETA are 'tards.

I know a whole lot about my local flora and fauna because I care about stuff like that, interested in science and I do not think that not eating meat will save us but I am still a vegan.

I find it downright disgusting to consume flesh and another species breast milk with pus in it, but I also find licorice disgusting... and shaming licorice-eaters would be ridiculous.
>>
I don't care about killing animals, I don't even really care about animal suffering. I do care about conservation of endangered species.
>>
File: 1480834405462.png (65KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1480834405462.png
65KB, 657x527px
>>34287664
>licorice
>mfw grapevines are vegan
fuuuggeeeeen yeeeeehhh, nigga woohaah woohaah skeet skeet
>>
File: wild licorice.jpg (753KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
wild licorice.jpg
753KB, 2048x1536px
>>34288323
Eff yeah, agreed!

(The grape vine is in all ways superior to pic related.)
>>
I'm a vegetarian.

Just because it's cheaper than eating meat, and I never particularly enjoyed the taste of meat anyway.
>>
File: 1475899701679.png (44KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1475899701679.png
44KB, 657x527px
>yfw veganaryanmasterrace toobeeonnest
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.