[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm definitely on the wrong thread for this. But I need

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Crossofashes.jpg (793KB, 1442x1030px) Image search: [Google]
Crossofashes.jpg
793KB, 1442x1030px
If only we could live indefinitely, I wouldn't be afraid of death.
Do any of you fags feel the same? That if humans were still susceptible to disease and getting hurt and all that stuff, but didn't age the same (with an upper cap of thousands of years), we wouldn't have to be scared of dying.
There wouldn't be a constant ticking of our life clock. We wouldn't be constantly paranoid about how far along we are. All we'd have to do is take care of ourselves, and, if we did make it to 1000 years old, we probably wouldn't even mind death anymore, because we'd have already done all there is to do.

>I sound insane
>For God's sake, someone just tell me I'm not alone in this thought.
>Wouldn't you be OK with death if lifespans were indefinite?

Religion aside, we all fear death.
>Hint: if you say otherwise you're lying.
There is no way to know for sure what becomes of us.
>>
>life us good enough to be scared of death
>gtfo this board normie

Death is the absence of everything including everything bad. Embrace it
>>
>>34283742
You caught me, I'm a normie but I love r9k, it's my favorite board to lurk on.

Also, what you said always brings me to one other thing:
If after death there is nothing, then my life isn't just over, it's like it never happened. So what difference WOULD it make if people embraced this or not?
We can't know for sure, so what does committing or not committing to an idea even matter?

Thanks.
> @self Normie ReeeEEE!
>>
>>34283527
Youre still afraid of death?
I mean no one wants to die
rather than live an enjoyable life.
But youre actually afraid to die?
>>
I've held the same opinion as you for a long time, OP, except that I actually believe in a resurrection.

We are all under the 'curse' of death - in other words, we believe that death is real, and this causes us to do all sorts of nasty things out of fear and greed.
>>
>>34283864
I'm afraid I won't be ready when it happens, to put it simply.
I at least want to be conscious and know when I'm going to die. Rather than in my sleep.

>>34283908
I have to say, I am starting to believe in something along the lines of resurrection or at least something that continues after this life. I don't think it's as simple as born, die, and then nothing as if it never happened.

I've always believed in God, but I've almost never believed he had anything for us after this life. I just hope this world isn't as simple and materialistic as many make it out to be.
>>
>>34283864
OP again, just wanted to also say, what you wrote strangely helped me. That way you made it sound so ridiculous to fear death
>But youre actually afraid to die?
surprisingly made me feel a trillion times better
>>
>>34283945
I assume few people are always ready.
But i really doubt knowing
when its gonna happen would make it easier
for someone like you.
>>
>>34283966
Aw Hell, you're probably right. I guess my thought process is that I want to be content with not only everything I've done in life, but also, in my last moments, be able to reflect on it.
>>
Welp, this has essentially become a personal therapy threat. Fuck that, this is supposed to be r9k. Let's just let it 404
>>
You fear death until you face death. Once youve accepted it, it loses its sting. But you are correct. But if we had lifespans, stalin would have another 910 years to crush the russian people into powder. So, good and bad.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.