[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you had the ability to experience every possible human experience

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 1484257992604.jpg (25KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1484257992604.jpg
25KB, 640x480px
If you had the ability to experience every possible human experience in the quantum sense, would you do it?

This means every possible event that can happen to a person, every event that has ever happened to a human, and every event that ever will happen to a human, will happen to you. The good as well as the bad. You'll win the lottery, cure cancer, live in a mansion, date a 10/10 and walk on the Moon. But you'll also be crucified, burned alive, tortured and be subject to every torture devised and not yet devised by man. All physical and mental pains will happen to you.

Would you do it?
>>
An emphatic, resounding no.
>>
>>34281993
Fuck no. I like posts like these.
>>
>>34281993
Wouldnt I experience all physical and mental pain if I can live all humans life experience instantly?

Also what would make me different from god?
>>
>>34281993
I wouldn't even last long enough to try to focus on the good stuff

Maybe if I found out I was terminally ill I'd do it, but for now I'll pass
>>
if you like birds don't zoom in because your dreams will be crushed
>>
>>34281993
Nothing in this world is worth that pain.
>>
>>34281993
Depends on whether or not I would instantly die from all that pain and anguish and if I would remember all the things I'd learn from experiencing everyone else learning everything.
Essentially, would I gain ultimate knowledge of the world? You mention curing cancer, so would I know everything that is not yet known?
>>34282080
>Also what would make me different from god?
This. Wouldn't I just become omniscient?
>>
>>34283393
>Wouldn't I just become omniscient?

No, because knowing is different than feeling.

>Wouldnt I experience all physical and mental pain if I can live all humans life experience instantly? Also what would make me different from god?

There are realms beyond human existence. Being omniscient of human experience doesn't make you omniscient in general. You are familiar with quantum level sense of all human experience. This doesn't include microwaves or ants. Or the local nebula floating over there.
>>
>>34281993
If it was just a 'press a button and it happens' situation I would definitely press it. It would be something like a glimpse at the ultimate truth of humanity. Definitely worth it.
>>
>>34281993
How do we know we aren't? What if consciousness is one single entity, and we are all essentially the same person, the consciousness is all bodies that ever have lived and ever will?
>>
>>34283393
>Also what would make me different from god?
>This. Wouldn't I just become omniscient?

Depends on your definition of god. If god is omniscient, does that mean he simply knows everything there is or he can feel it, too? How would he know how it feels to take a GoPro and jump off a white water rafting expedition for the ultimate selfie? Depends what you think God is or who he is, what he does.
>>
File: tumblr_ljqtuyskEM1qzfhb5o1_500.jpg (75KB, 500x398px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ljqtuyskEM1qzfhb5o1_500.jpg
75KB, 500x398px
>>34281993
No because there is far more pain and suffering than anything to enjoy. I mean fuck you're an idiot for even asking this? People have died from shit like schaphism and pic related. No pleasure is equivalent to the worst suffering magineable
>>
>>34281993
Have you ever read 'The Giver'? Or seen the movie?
Very similar to what you're saying, only the person's job is to absorb every memory held by people (and feel them as if they really happened), as a means to preserve the first-hand knowledge of history.
>>
File: 1484589854769.jpg (228KB, 949x678px) Image search: [Google]
1484589854769.jpg
228KB, 949x678px
>>34281993
This is actually my dream. I would reach ubermensh level and i could die knowing that's the last experiment left.
>>
>>34283577
Because if that were the case, people would be more empathetic. There would be less miscommunication or misunderstanding. This vague premise is retarded because how do you know you'll be able to separate each experience from each other? If you hear an explosion of sounds, can you matrix it and separate each from its neighbors? I don't think OP ever said it had to be simultaneously, in one second, like an explosion of light as people here seem to infer. If you had the choice of which experiences to have, how would you know who its linked to? Are they some jar like in Harry Potter's dream pensieves? Identifiable? Too many what ifs to answer this question precisely.

Even then, none of you (and me) can figure out what to eat for breakfast, let alone have the power to consume everyone's experience. 7+ billion individuals in the world? There isn't enough time to experience. Even then, picking a few experiences out of the bunch doesn't make me omniscient. There are always new feelings that are left to be experienced, and novel experiences to be created. We aren't immortal and we cannot predict the future. You might know a certain portion of what is part of the present/past, but even then, 'feeling' is just one part of an experience. You're not getting the whole picture. You can't account for the new experiences that'll happen in 20 years, when drones will be giving you massages and girls will have hot, sexy AI male slave-husbands who bring them breakfast in bed and kiss them infinitely.
>>
>>34281993
Get to skydive naked with jock coosto
but i also get to experience
watching my family get murdered
by a marsupial with a wrench?

I dunno man,
every experience?
>>
>>34283713
You have a solid point, but I think you misunderstood me. I don't think this collective consciousness retains the memory. I think it's an entity, that affects every conscious living thing , using only what it has at it's disposal. (The brain, genes, and body it was given).

Kind of like a radio signal, or better yet, a TV signal.
The same signal (conscious entity) goes out to every Television (body), but how it acts varies. One TV could be distorted and crappy, one could be high quality, one can be slightly off color. As in, the thing within, the show, is the same blank slate that is transmitted to every TV, but looks and sounds entirely different, and is completely uninfluenced by the other TV's.

I know, I'm rambling and saying non-sense.
>>
>>34283463
>No, because knowing is different than feeling.
But I've felt every feel known to man. I know everything, I have felt everything, I am everyone.

>There are realms beyond human existence
True, but I'd still have great knowledge of them and would likely be able to predict everything that will happen in these realms because other people could also do that, with varying degrees of accuracy. Knowing everything they know would allow me to average out their predictions and find something extremely close to the truth.
>>34283578
>If god is omniscient, does that mean he simply knows everything there is or he can feel it, too?
We're assuming I've experienced everything, not that I suddenly know everything. I've made the assumption that I will only be able to know everything because I have experienced every single person ever born learning everything they knew before they die. By that same logic, I'd also have felt everything because I'd see those experiences too. I suppose this would beg the question of whether or not life would be such a disappointment after that that I would fall into a deep depression.
>>
>>34283797
no you're not rambling
i don't even wanna read what i wrote lmao
barely remember
and i probably wo'n't even understand it or it wont make sense
honestly i never expect people to read what i write. ill shitpost and never come back to it.
im already sleeping atm like sleepwalking but leeptyping
i dont even know what i said up there so dont take it too seriously ignore my posts and continue onwards godspeed
>>
if its up and im awake ill be coherent otherwise yes
>>
>>34283892
yes but how often does experience implant knowledge into our head? what's the point of foresight or hindsight? why do people make the same mistakes and why do people get into accidents despite 'knowing'? if you're using the word omniscient, you have to understand that omni means all. you cannot say i am / god is omniscient and talk about a certain area of expertise. it probably wasn't you who brought up that idea, but just saying. having experienced everything doesn't mean you can know the future, either. (if we take the traditional christian sense of an omniscient god, who knows your future aka predestination vs free will)
>>
File: 1381451203698.jpg (26KB, 265x265px) Image search: [Google]
1381451203698.jpg
26KB, 265x265px
>>34281993
Have you fucking seen those cartel torture videos? Fuck to the fucking fuck no I would never do this.
>>
also sensory vs cognitive
>>
Nah. The bad will outweigh the good.
>>
>>34281993
Sounds like a good torture method
>>
>>34284140
True. I suppose I should have said that I would be EFFECTIVELY omniscient instead of truly omniscient, since I would know everything humanity knows.

That said, I'm going to bed. Good night.
>>
>>34281993
i'd do it if it meant being able to live forever to accumulate all knowledge
>>
Nope
I'd go for the opposite though
End this shitty meme once and for all
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.