[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A girl ghosted me after we spent a lot of time talking together

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: trstu nobody.jpg (21KB, 600x405px) Image search: [Google]
trstu nobody.jpg
21KB, 600x405px
A girl ghosted me after we spent a lot of time talking together in person and exchanged contact info but during this I realized I was more attracted to the idea of having a girlfriend than her or her personality.

It seems we both stopped liking each other after finding out more about the other and I got to thinking. We're extremely similar personality wise, if we swapped bodies our relatives wouldn't notice much of a change. Maybe this is why we're not together.

Could similar personalities cause people to lose attraction to each other?
>>
>Could similar personalities cause people to lose attraction to each other?

Certainly, if you have a shit personality that no one could possibly be interested in.
>>
>>34279254
What about two assholes that charm some people? or two cheeky introverts?
>>
shouldnt have broke the mystery. some women like that.
>>
>>34279294
Yeah, I told her pretty much every major point about my life and personality as of right now.
>>
>>34279430
>>34279213
I'm interested in hearing your story. How did she ghost you exactly? And do you really think your similar personalities played a role in that happening?

Got this girl I'm crushing on that I'm probably gonna try dating soon and she's been pretty responsive. Hasn't ghosted me at all and seems to like spending time with me, we're both kind of on the reserved side but we can open up to each other I think. Hoping this doesn't happen to me but I want to hear you out.
>>
>>34279430
>I told her pretty much every major point about my life and personality as of right now.
rookie mistake

a girl wants to talk about herself not hear about you
>>
>>34281227
70% of the conversation was her talking about herself and her job and her family etc. etc., it was just a long conversation so that 30% revealed a fair bit about me I think.

>>34281019
I think we wanted the same thing, a manic pixie dream guy/girl to pull us out of our boring lives, instead we found another sad person who's always friendly but never has too many friends. She hinted pretty heavily while using other people as examples that she wanted someone wild to take her out into the world and let her experience life. I'm the same way and neither of us are capable of doing that so I think it was a mutual disinterest that built up.

> How did she ghost you exactly?
Just responded slowly to emails(home schooled like me, poor like me, no phone at 20 like how I was) then stopped responding at all.

Story isn't really that interesting, she approached me and we seemed to hit it off then we started infobombing about our lives and it silently tanked I think.

As for your situation I'd say keep with it, being reserved doesn't necessarily mean you guys suck like we do, anon.
>>
Maybe she's just jumble and you're taking her too literally. Some people call themselves antisocial or associate themselves with introverts but their phones and inboxes are always off the hook. Them not being as social as some of their peers doesn't mean they're antisocial by any means. It could just mean less than X, which is all relative. It could be more than you and anyone you know, but less than what he/she expects of him/herself.

Also the people I know have "anti social social club" gear but all of us are in celebrity circles so yeah lol

Maybe she wasn't interested in you :( Sorry.Eek
>>
>>34279213
Fuck yeah. I try not to date people with my specific hobbies, and generally more extroverted and a people person. It's ridiculous to date otherwise.
>>
>>34279213
I have had the exact same problem OP. Your post is actually kinda helping me come to terms with never having banged her.

>>34281572
The reasoning here is what really hits home for me.
>>
>>34281019
Only a matter of time until "she" ghosts you anon, if she's even a girl at all.
>>
>>34281669
humble edit typo
>>
>>34281937
>humble edit
R u trying to trick me
>>
>>34281572
I see. I guess you guys just didn't meet each other's wants/needs in a relationship. Maybe you can each find someone like that, but I think the best thing to do is improve your life on your own first. I won't get on my soapbox too hard but I kinda believe an SO won't magically fix your life.

And thanks, I hope it turns out well for me. I think our conversations flow pretty well and we enjoy spending time with each other. She's a real sweetheart and I'm weak to those types of girls, haha.

>>34281793
I do not need this negativity right now. I will prove you wrong my man. May be hard to get this through your thick skull but I think she genuinely enjoys spending time/talking with me. Crazy, I agree, but seems like it's true.
>>
>>34282476
When and how did you start talking
>>
File: dam son.jpg (123KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
dam son.jpg
123KB, 640x640px
>>34282796
So we met in this sociology class. She's a language major and I'm an engineering major. I needed a book for the class that hadn't come in yet and she was the only person I remotely knew through mutual friends (never talked to her before that, not one word). So I messaged her on facebook and asked if I could borrow the book, and she said sure. We added each other as friends, I got the book from her, yeah.

Lowkey I thought she was pretty cute though, so I decided I wanted to keep talking to her some. I messaged her a couple of times on Facebook even after I borrowed the book and returned it, and talked to her some before/after lecture. She was also in the discussion course for the class, so we would talk then sometimes. I was able to talk to her about band related things since we were both in the marching band and had some similar interests in things, like language and maths.

Anyway, I've stayed talking to her since then. We've gone out to some stuff together and have been out to eat a couple of times and she's always been pretty responsive and open to hanging out. Like I said, she seems to like spending time with me.

Sorry I kinda rambled but yeah that's the jist of it. Ask any more questions if you like. She's seeming like a real >possible gf
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.