[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>DUDE DEPRESSION LMAO is recognizing that depression is bullshit

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

File: 63813756.jpg (148KB, 500x413px)
63813756.jpg
148KB, 500x413px
>DUDE DEPRESSION LMAO
is recognizing that depression is bullshit the ultimate redpill?
>not looking for an excuse for my pathetic existence
>owning up to my piece of shit habits and genetics
>>
>>34274331
depression does not exist outside of the mind

master the mind, master depression
>>
File: 1472254031204.jpg (103KB, 866x866px) Image search: [Google]
1472254031204.jpg
103KB, 866x866px
>>34274331
why do i feel sad all the time
>>
File: 1483728333943.png (566KB, 682x711px) Image search: [Google]
1483728333943.png
566KB, 682x711px
>>34274331
guess how i can tell you're a normie faggot
>>
>>34274331
I hate saying it, but you don't really understand depression until you have it. I used to think the same way as you, but depression is different than just being sad about something.
>>
>>34274457
Because your life is shit.
Change it.
>>
>>34274721
>>34274457
>>34274689
I bet you spoiled fucks also get unlimited access to food, water, shelter, and entertainment every single day. let's see how depressed you'll feel when living in Somalia
>>
>>34274889
literally not an argument

depression has nothing to do with environment
>>
>>34274889
Probably pretty depressed, but that was never the point of my post so you're just a retard
>>
>>34274889
Having material goods does not fix depression. It is a disease of the mind. I know I have things that many people don't, but it doesn't make anything better.
>>
>>34274363
heart attacks do not exist outside the heart

master the heart, master heart attacks
>>
>>34274983
Exactly. This anon gets it. You can master the heart via good diet and exercise.
>>
>>34274889
probably feel pretty good because I'd have a purpose.
If I didn't try every day to survive their then I'd die.
So in that world I can either have purpose or die, much easier than in this one.
>>
>>34274935
>fell for the depression is brain chemistry meme
nah faggot, your fragile ego was destroyed by reality at some point and you shut down ever since. You are too cowardly to ever try again so you blame it on depression or look for other """mental illness""" to fall back.
mental illness is a meme. leukemia is an illness. pneumonia is an illness.
>>
>>34275032
No you can't. I have afib. Exercise and diet will help but it isn't going to fix my problem. "Mastering your mind" is not going to fix depression.
>>
>>34274331
you had me until
>shit habits and genetics
>genetics

le fucking genetics meme

arguably even worse than the depression meme.

>hurr durr i hab le shit genetics, this excuses me from being a failure.

yeah right, fuckoff you dumb retard piece of shit. how about making a fucking change instead of blaming all your shortcomings on some stupid fucking shit like your "genetics". like that fucking dooms you to a life of failure or something.

kys you dumb fucking retard.

>>34274811
this
>>
how the fuck is depression considered an illness?
is being short, ugly and acne scarred male an illness? The former is looked with sympathy, the latter with contempt and disgust. fucking normies
>>
The people saying "make a change" don't understand. If you are depressed you see no value in change and don't want to make yourself better. You are in a black hole and just want to stay there.
>>
>>34275098
>I have afib
Yes well we are not going to use you (an anomaly) as an example then. You are not applicable here. This is general advice for general population and the general pop doesnt have afib. You dont apply.
>>
>>34275178
I'm an appropriate example for the analogy. I have a heart illness. Exercise and diet doesn't fix it. Depression is a mental illness. "Mastering your mind" or whatever doesn't fix it.
>>
>>34274331
DUR MINASTROMI METEOR
>>
>>34275171
The fact people don't understand this just shows how badly /r9k/ has been invaded by normies and retards from /pol/
>>
>>34275231
no you are not, you are an odd occurrence no one can relate to. Most people here are young but with shit diets and lack exercise. They will live life with poor heart condition. But that can be changed with their lifestyle.

You on the other hand will always have your heart issues. Same applies, with depression. A lifestyle change, a change in attitudes and perspectives could really help some of these people here.

But you will always have your heart condition. You don't apply. General population can suffer from depression and get out of it. General pop does not have afib. Inapplicable.
>>
>>34275074
anon, your brain is an organ like any other. Any organ of your body can become ill. Why would it be different with your brain?
>>
>>34274331
On some level your probably right OP. I think about killing myself every single day, but on some level it's all just in my head. That's why I refuse to let it control me. I do most things regardless of my emotions.
>>
>>34274331
People confuse depression for sadness or anxiety or low self-esteem.

I can guarantee you that 99% of people who say that they have depression absolutely don't, robots and normies. Because depression is so talked about and borderline celebrated, everyone likes to think that they're part of that special group.

A few years ago it was all about having OCD and bipolar, now it's depression. Maybe multiple personalities will be the next big thing.
>>
>>34275314
Well technically I could get rid of it as surgical procedures have been developed. I would need medical treatment. Depression needs medical treatment. Depression is not feeling sad or being upset about your life being shitty. It's an overriding sense of hopelessness that takes over your entire life. It's hard to describe but I don't think you get what it actually is.
>>
Parkinson's is in the mind. Just master your mind
>>
>>34275359
I can already imagine it now

>"OMG stacy!! I fucked chad last night when two weeks ago I was only about fucking Tyrone! I totally have multiple personalties

The lengths normies go to pretend they have various mental illnesses is actually sickening
>>
>>34275379
Yes yes, depression is all that and more but it also exist in the mind. Master the mind and you master your depression. its always the one who lack of trying say its not possible
>>
File: 1471030186436.png (16KB, 958x660px) Image search: [Google]
1471030186436.png
16KB, 958x660px
>>34275171
exactly this. The worst part is that because you stay in the black hole you lose everything in your enviroment. And that makes you even more depressed.
>>
>>34275430
It's not just normies, hell it's probably moreso robots than normies.

If they're not outright faking a disability to get NEETbux so they can post meme frogs full-time, then they're just using it as an excuse to justify their own failures and shortcomings.
>>
File: 1484173062457.png (30KB, 246x200px) Image search: [Google]
1484173062457.png
30KB, 246x200px
I feel almost nothing, I rip the top layer of skin off of my hands in insane fits sometimes in an attempt to pull myself back to reality. Depression has ruined every piece of me that used to be human and no medication I have tried has helped. My body does not correctly use serotonin due to a genetic issue. But no of course I should just "Master the mind" and "Stop being a pussy". Death can't fucking come soon enough.
>>
People don't think of the mind as an organ but as a mystical entity.
>>
>>34275539
why dont you let someone save you
>>
>>34274331
when you are actually depressed you are not typically placing blame on externalities in the first place but rather your infinite array of failures, so I don't see how this "revelation" helps anything
>>
File: thatfeelspac3.jpg (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
thatfeelspac3.jpg
2MB, 1680x1050px
Le just world fallacy meme. normies are fucking stupid
>>
File: avocatso.jpg (124KB, 750x783px) Image search: [Google]
avocatso.jpg
124KB, 750x783px
>>34274983
Exactly. This anon gets it. To "master" the heart means to master its effects and connections to everything else, both symptomatically as well as literally. The vascular system, pulmonary, hindbrain-- the whole bit.
>>
File: 1482276555799.png (320KB, 625x476px) Image search: [Google]
1482276555799.png
320KB, 625x476px
>>34275539
Understand that it has EVERYTHING to do with chemistry. I know that the times when you have the motivation to do anything outside your little routines are growing fewer and fewer, but before you try to an hero again remember this: when you have control, recognize it. Journalling and deconstructing the chains of self-loathing and horror and guilt works.
BUT fuck journaling. If you are meant to an hero it will be so, for it is inescapable and your dharma. You are solely responsible. I know nothing feels good now, but you do have a chance. It all comes down to using the brief times when you have control. Sometimes the demons are inattentive.

Physical changes help. If you can change your body you WILL change your mind. If you cannot change your body, there are other ways.

Do brazilian jiu-jitsu.

I leave you with this pasta:

>The problem isn't your job, it's you. You're a boring person and you live a boring life. Your not very intellectual, you not appear to have any interests, hobbies, or aspirations. You probably have few friends, and the ones you have are probably just acquaintances you met by lack of momentum.

>You're miserable because your life is miserable. But you're too stupid and clueless to realize them problem is yourself, so you play the blame game. "Uggh, my job sucks and that's my I sit on the couch for 8 hours a day playing video games and masturbating."

>Fix your life. Or kys. Either way, problem solved.

Don't be irrational, anon. And thank you for reaching out. We are here for you, faggot.
>>
File: GZwE5y.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
GZwE5y.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>34275518
Like a dying race around a dying star, you must rally, muster, and push to send out a colony ship.

Remember: "no one is coming back for you. you are going to have to go out and rescue *them*."
>>
>>34274889

>Dude why are you so happy that you got paid? There are people out there living the life of luxuries, earning 10x that a day. Lmao how pathetic.
>>
>>34275074
My mum told me mental illness isn't real so I told her dementia isn't real
Her mum died of it. Harsh as fuck but that's the truth so fuck your shit
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.