[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever wondered if you're a sociopath and just aren't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

Have you ever wondered if you're a sociopath and just aren't self-aware?

I feel bad that I don't care enough about my friends' problems but maybe I'm just worried I won't have what they may be able to offer me if I don't act more sympathetic.
>>
Yer. I have a few times. Feel like I'm wearing a mask all the time. Taking on other people's personalities. Feel way too much empathy to be one though. Like, I can feel bad for a friend but don't really know how to properly articulate it to them. I genuinely feel bad about killing flies and isects as well. Try to imagine myself being the fly. Not really comprehending what its experiencing, but still experiencing. Feeling surfaces it touches with its little fly arms, flying around, hitting walls, confused as fuck; eating shit. So I don't kill them. Feels mean to take away the only thing it'll ever experience. What am I going on about. So anyway OP, you might just have autism.
>>
>>34274335
I think the autism thing might not be far off, I think I'm sociable enough to put me up to Asperger level but I feel emotionally stunted sometimes.

I had a similar thing with insects but eventually these retard flies and roaches became a pretty big problem in my house so I have to kill all of them, that desensitized me quite a bit. I remember one time feeling bad about killing this goofy one who paced back and forth over the same 4 areas and the same wires. I felt awfully bad for killing him after watching him do that after a few minutes.
>>
I've never even considered it, to be honest. I just think most people overreact to their emotions these days, being frank.
>>
Some days I don't feel a thing and others I am basically normal.

I think my brain gets clogged up and backfires like an old car sometimes.
>>
>>34275505
Who were you informed of this by?
>>
>>34275643
some old roastie at an outpatient program told me i have npd traits
>>
>>34275717
also i was diagnosed with (((oppositional defiant disorder))) and (((conduct disorder))) when i was a kid so i guess it adds up that i would be like this
>>
File: 1484547533929.jpg (60KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
1484547533929.jpg
60KB, 500x495px
>>34274188
>feel bad that I don't care enough
>feel bad

You aren't a sociopath, you fucking edgy teenager. A sociopath would never wonder if they were a sociopath.

>maybe im really a sociopath?
>smart, funny, nihilistic with a wicked sense of humor

Embarrassing.
>>
>>34275963
>You aren't a sociopath, you fucking edgy teenager. A sociopath would never wonder if they were a sociopath.
This, all the way.
>>
>>34275963
Yeah but I do think something's wrong with me, often I don't care at all about someone's problems unless it affects me or I can get something from listening to them.

These aren't my conscious motives but that's what it seems to boil down to, maybe I'm just an autistic narcissist?
>>
>>34275963
>>34276057
Intelligent people will introspect regardless of any mental condition and unintelligent ones won't. It's absurd to act like self-awareness is a necessary part of sociopathy. Though that said you are right that almost anyone saying they are one is practically guaranteed to be a stupid edgy teenager, especially here.
>>
>>34276625
There's plenty of real sociopaths here, they're just not attentionwhores.
>>
File: 1484676365743.jpg (28KB, 598x449px) Image search: [Google]
1484676365743.jpg
28KB, 598x449px
The real Sociopath isn't making threads pondering if he's a Sociopath, or any form of "SOCIOPATH GENERAL" like I've witnessed in the past.

I'm also pretty sure he'd want to blend in and reassure others he's just like the rest of them, and not stand out from the crowd as it might draw attention to his true nature.

Just my two cents. Take what you will out of it.
>>
>>34278051
>pic
Cheeky.

That said, noticing that you're prone to borderline sociopathic tendencies or even being diagnosed with ASPD(what psychologists call sociopathy) don't make you Patrick Bateman tier. Just emotionless and pragmatic if the latter.
>>
File: 1480278993175.jpg (1MB, 2475x2518px)
1480278993175.jpg
1MB, 2475x2518px
>>34278148
Of course. I just wanted to prevent any actual (memes aside) edgy teenagers who believe they're stone cold killers because of a buzzfeed quiz and tumblr quote from pulling their shit further.
>>
>>34278051
Why would you give a shit about your reputation on 4chan or what people think here? Standing out the crowd as it might draw attention? This is /r9k/ lmao why would the real psycho care what people here think.
>>
>>34274188
actually interestingly enough 4chan has a disproportionate amount of sociopaths probably.

there was apparently a study that likened internet trolling and edginess to sociopaths.

i don't think /r9k/ though because a lot of people here are more likely to have autism or some form of insecurity.

i don't know if it's a meme but apparently sociopaths don't ever feel insecure they're more self absurbed dunning kruger types they overly inflate their abilities. that's why a lot of them are your managers they're not even that competent but their neural chemsitry is made up to boss over and rule others.
>>
>>34278323
>i don't know if it's a meme but apparently sociopaths don't ever feel insecure they're more self absurbed dunning kruger types they overly inflate their abilities.
OP here, I'm definitely not a sociopath.

but why do I not give a shit about my friends' problems sometimes, 'tism?
>>
>>34278387
Maybe you have lower empathy, or you are autistic or something, but does the label really matter?
>>
>>34278460
>does the label really matter?
It'd let me learn more about why I am the way I am and see if I could change that, I figure.

Finding out you're not able to walk because laziness vs. finding out you're not able to walk because you're crippled.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.