[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>weigh in on every decision my friends make and offer them

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: 1477878227135.jpg (28KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
1477878227135.jpg
28KB, 225x350px
>weigh in on every decision my friends make and offer them frequent (albeit unsolicited) advice because I care about them and want them to do the right thing
>they call me overbearing and meddlesome and annoying

Does anyone know this feel?
>>
>>34269905
>EVERY decision

..c'mon now
>>
File: 1483667868819.jpg (47KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1483667868819.jpg
47KB, 600x600px
>>34269905
That's kind of you but sometimes it's best to keep the information to yourself if it's not asked for. Often people misinterpret positive intentions. That's the cruel truth..
>>
>>34269905
why don't you fucking stop then? stop pretending you care about them.
>>
File: 1484405015156.jpg (6KB, 203x196px) Image search: [Google]
1484405015156.jpg
6KB, 203x196px
>>34269905
>mfw no controlling friend to tell me what to do all the time
>>
In most things that matter, people wont change unless they want or need to.
Your advice would go on deaf ears if they didnt ask for it, especially so if theyre starting to call you annoying.

If you believe you know better in something, but they dont ask for advice or arent in a position they really need the advice, odds are that you trying to give advice isnt doing anything at all and you just seem like a know it all dickhead.
Its almost like a parent watching their children, theres some mistakes you just need to watch them do to themselves, and then come in to help when they are obviously open for it or need it.

Being there for others is often a fairly unrecognized position, and you wont get much thanks from it.
On the other hand though, if someones been through some serious shit and youve played your cards right with real insight and advice, youll gain a friend for life because they will probably notice that you do actually care.

Of course, theres also the matter of what kind of advice youre trying to give them.
>>
File: 1474854923469.png (74KB, 468x337px) Image search: [Google]
1474854923469.png
74KB, 468x337px
>>34269905
You just gotta try and keep it to yourself. I do this a lot to my family, and they always give me shit about how they don't care about what I think. I don't do it as often with my friends because I'm not as critical of them, but I imagine I would get a similar response.

>>34270702
That's a pretty nice feel. I have a friend who's essentially Taiga Aisaka, he's smaller and impulsive, he relies on me to take him places, do stuff for him, and just generally orders me around.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.