[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm somebody that's had a disorder called depersonalisation

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_n54nvaWwX81ql8t12o1_400.gif (2MB, 350x182px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n54nvaWwX81ql8t12o1_400.gif
2MB, 350x182px
I'm somebody that's had a disorder called depersonalisation / derealisation since I was about 12 years of age.
I only became aware of the diagnostic classification's existence about a year ago, but even then I've always been indistinctly aware that I was operating on an entirely different level to everybody around me. Not from an intellectual perspective, but as if the world was constantly set behind a transparent folding-screen; constantly visible but entirely intangible.

Depersonalisation is like you're having a perpetual out of body experience that never ends. The people around you appear as ghosts and the buildings feel flat, like cardboard cut outs liable to fold or collapse at any time. Walking down streets is like wading through a fog, or playing an FPS, and when people speak to you it almost sounds distant or muffled, obscured by static. To look at yourself is to examine something alien. Your body doesn't belong to you, it's just a vehicle you happen to be piloting on some sort of dreamy, first-person rail-shooter. Yourself as a person isn't physical, it exists somewhere floating about where your head should be.

I know not everybody here would class themselves as 'normal', but I want to know what it's like to live you life as.
Can anybody here tell me or describe it to me what's it like not living inside of your head, in a world that actually exists.

Picture related it a pretty good example of what it looks like visually.
>>
>>34268513
Go to a lab, get bloodwork done, if your liver enzymes come back normal your OK. If not, there's your problem.

Source: encephalitic stadium of hepatitis does that to people.
>>
>>34268643
I had a blood panel taken two years ago that displayed no abnormalities. I think I'm just fucked in the head.
>>
Wouldn't that mean you have borderline? Sorry if I got that wrong, barely know borderline, I know more about autism, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder (I have one of the latter two, they do not know which, and there's also schizoaffective)
>>
>>34268513

Are you french ? La Haine is good
>>
>>34268513
Sometimes I stare at myself in the mirror and feel like I'm looking at another person. Is that normal?
>>
>>34268513

I have that too

Apparently it starts from a traumatic experience or a bad drug experience (weed/lsd or soemthing)

Both don't really apply to me. What about you OP?

One thing I noticed is that when I smoke weed I feel no difference at all but my friends keep telling me how fucked they feel. If anything I get a nicotine rush from the tabacco in the joint
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.