[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I learn a new language on my own? I drop it 3 weeks

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1482971957048.jpg (118KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1482971957048.jpg
118KB, 500x500px
How can I learn a new language on my own?

I drop it 3 weeks after I start.
>>
>>34265549
>I drop it 3 weeks after I start.
If you have no discipline, don't bother.

t. polyglot
>>
>t. """polyglot"""

learning the kana and reaching level 10 in esperanto on duolingo doesn't make you a polyglot
>>
>>34265549

Don't do this, and you'll succeed
>>
>>34265598
It kinda does

Polyglot is a retarded term used by youtube idiots who memorize like 10 sentences and call themselves fluent
>>
>>34265598
Sounds like you're projecting. :^) I started as a trilingual and learned all the others through a lot of blood sweat and tears. I don't like duolingo either.
>>
>>34265549

Stop doing that and learn some discipline. You're a fucking adult for God's sake. Learning a language is literally the easiest thing ever.
>>
>>34265683

Wake up in the morning, accidentally learn three new languages before breakfast. Fuck, how'd this get so easy?
>>
File: 1472725670330.jpg (33KB, 750x730px) Image search: [Google]
1472725670330.jpg
33KB, 750x730px
>>34265797
More like, wake up, go few a couple of new words in about 10 minutes, continue your day. If you forget them, repeat them the next day.
If you want to find excuses to be a lazy cunt then why even bother?
>>
>>34265832

Funny enough, I'm actually fluent in English and French, and unlike you I'm not retarded enough to assume that learning a language is just an exercise of rote memorization. Learning a language takes years of thoughtful immersion and practice.
>>
>>34265910
Funny enough, I've actually been learning Spanish for almost a year, and I actually HAVE learned it by rote memorization. To the point where I can usually decipher a sentence.
I literally did it by simply learning a few words every day.
>>
>>34265910
shut ur ugly beak u cuck
>>
>>34265946

Well congratulations, you possess a fluency in Spanish equivalent to a Nicaraguan taxi driver's fluency in English.
>>
>>34266044
Of course I do. It's not even been a year. But it's gotten me somewhere, and literally all I need to do is recite some shit, and get familiar with the meanings.
You sound like a huge twat. Learning a language isn't as complicated as you seem to think it is. You were once shit at French too, faggot. What the fuck is even your point
>>
>>34266099

My point is that learning a language is incredibly difficult and takes years of constant practice. People who claim that learning a language is easy and that anyone can pick up a new language in a month or two if they really really try are full of shit and probably either speak only one language or are trying to sell you something.
>>
>>34266188
Cool, but I never said that. I said it takes persistence, but the persistence is easy to attain.
>>
>>34265549
Play the CD in the car when you drive places.
>>
>>34266188
t. Brainlet

It takes at most half a year if you live in that country. You'll sound like a retard to native speakers because of your accent but you'll understand most things in their context. That's sufficient to be considered fluent.

t. Learned English as my second language by moving to America
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.