[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw too weak to do a single pushup or chinup or anything

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 1482681166296.jpg (125KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1482681166296.jpg
125KB, 640x480px
>tfw too weak to do a single pushup or chinup or anything
How am I supposed to start exercising if I can't exercise
>>
>>34254452
by learning to crawl before you walk
>>
>>34254505
What the fuck is simpler than a pushup?
>>
>>34254515
half a push up, a quarter of a pushup
>>
>>34254515
crawling and/or walking
>>
>>34254515
a pushup from the knee instead of the feet
a pushup angled against the wall instead of straight off the ground
>>
>>34254452
Keep trying until you can complete a single rep and then keep going from there. I believe in you anon. A week, two tops and you'll be able to do at least one of each in your sleep.
>>
>>34254515
Try to plank for ten seconds
>>
>>34254544
>a pushup from the knee instead of the feet
Ah Okay I guess this is working
but I feel like a pussy
>>
Do negatives. Get in a position of a completed push up, arms fully extended, and slowly lower yourself down. Same thing for pull-ups, start in a completed pull up position and slowly lower yourself down
>>
>>34254646
no one is asking you to feel or give a feelings report. Now give me half a girl push up you pussy
>>
aaah
exercising is boring...
Why did I even want to get stronger anyway...
I just want to be like Jackie Chan
>>
How to get past plateau of 10 push ups?
>>
>>34254515
Pushups aren't even good for building strength. Do dumbbell bench (as light as you need to go) at different elevations in combination with chest flyes to build chest strength.
>>
>>34254534
Personally I feel like I could do such pushups infinitely and get no benefit. I can bench about 100 pounds about 140 for my 1 time max but I'm just not getting the strength I need for 1 god damned defying gravity pushing yourself away from the earth.
>>
>>34254452
Start with girl pushups.

Honestly, just get a gym membership. You can use machines with custom weights.

If you're fat, going from 0 to pushups will be extremely difficult, but at a gym you can start light. Like really light. Like 5kg light. And then you work your way up.

You'd be surprised by how fast you can increase the load. In just a few months I went from "never done anything" to 200lbs deadlifts. Just keep at it and keep pushing. You'll get there.
>>
>>34254810
I elevated my feet with a chair and then later an exercise ball...
I also did pushups while wearing a backpack with some weight plates.
...and then I stopped exercising for 3 months and now I can't even do 8 regular pushups before failure.
>>
>>34254936
I'm not fat just really skinny.
GIve me a workout routine. I'm scared of going all the way to the gym and being unable to really do anything or getting hurt.
>>
For push ups, like everyone else said, do girl push ups on your knees, as you're able to do more angle your knees out more til you're doing normal ones

For chin ups try negatives. Start at the top of the chin up and hold yourself there for as long as you can, then slowly go down

And remember none of this exercise matters if you're not eating right.
Definitely read the sticky on /fit/ it's great for the basics
>>
>>34254452
Anon, surround yourself eith those willing to support and push you, and you'll get better every day. Pain is just weakness leaving the body senpai.
>>
>>34255032
>And remember none of this exercise matters if you're not eating right.
Yeah I stopped eating sugar and stuff. And I ate tuna and lettuce and chicken today. ANd drank a glass of milk and bought eggs and oatmeal.
But there's sugary snacks everywhere I look, tasty desserts and delicious soda. Every 10 minutes I hear someone but something out of the vending machine in the hall. It's so tempting...

And I'm supposed to eat more to bulk up but all this healthy stuff I eat now makes me lose my appetite quickly. I just can't manage to shovel so much of it into my mouth, not that I even ate much before either, but at least I wanted to eat snack and junk.
>>
>>34255122
If you're trying to put on weight it's pretty easy to make really calorie dense shakes. There's probably at least one thread about it on /fit/ or you could make a thread asking for /fit/ bulking recipes, they usually have good looking stuff
>>
>>34254646
>but I feel like a pussy
The alternative is feeling even more like a pussy by not doing anything at all.
No momentum, no improvement, never even having done 1 knee pushup to progress to multiple and after a short while normal pushups, and all because you felt like a "pussy" for that knee pushup so you decided to stop there.

I know the feel though, I dislike pushing to my limit because my limit is way too low for my taste, and it kind of proves to myself I'm indeed much weaker than I am.
If I hadn't pushed myself past that feeling with pull-ups, I still would've been stuck at 1 at most. I'm sure 10 in a row is below average as I'm skinny as fuck (less weight to pull up), but it's still much better than 1.

>>34254810
Is it an actual plateau, or do you simply decide to stop after 10 because it gets heavier? If the latter, you may want to try and push yourself until your arms simply won't allow you to do any more. (Avoid thinking "I won't be able to get past 10 anyway" while doing them, nor consider the 10 as the aim. Aim for something like 15, or even 11, anything more than the 10 you can already do.)

If an actual plateau, look into pike pushups and other more challenging variations.
Normally people go for these when they get a higher count on regular pushups, but it's worth looking into.
Alternatively, trying to hold your position when you've come down for a few seconds before rising again, and trying to do them more controlled altogether (slower pace, clean movement, etc.) can help as well.
When you manage to do the more challenging pushups don't forget to go back to normal ones from time to time to push past that 10 count. It's useful to build some endurance as well.
>>
>>34255021
Don't be scared of the gym. You will start with little weight, specially if you're skinny, but there's nothing wrong with that.

Are you afraid of how others will look at you? The coach is there to make you feel good so that you keep coming back (and paying). He'll treat you REALLY WELL. And everyone else? Everyone else is there to work out, they don't have time to judge you, they're busy. Besides, there's always that certain time of the day where the gym will be empty, so you can just come at this time if you must.

Anyway, the important thing is to be consistent. Do you know girl pushups? You do them with your knees on the floor, which reduces the amount of weight you'll have to push up. Try to do at least 8, three times with a minute of rest between them. That'd be 3x8. You can start moving it up once you get more comfortable. Can do more sets if you want to.

You can also do sit ups. They'll hurt. Again, start with something low like 3x8 and move up as you get more comfortable.

Do squats. Same thing.

These three should be enough to get you started. But going to a gym and getting a coach is very valuable..
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.