[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My main problem with the idea of a girlfriend, in TODAY'S

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1484465454027.png (523KB, 898x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1484465454027.png
523KB, 898x1300px
My main problem with the idea of a girlfriend, in TODAY'S world, is...

Even if they say they're fine not getting it, they all want those statuses about you both together that get 20+ likes. They want that "In a relationship" status update that gets 200+ likes. Validation from people they never talk to.

It irks me because, even though I'm sometimes proto-Chad in my daily life, the social media side of me just isn't up to snuff.

Anyway. I'm a faggot for caring about this stuff, but it is still a thing a lot of males have to deal with. Female likes are free and abundant. Male likes are hard to earn.

Hot grill unrelated.
>>
female likes are as abundant as drowning Syrians in the Mediterranean sea.
>>
One more point before I go / before this thread hits the last page.

The amount of pressure with everything today has just gone past the breaking point.

To be considered a truly successful person do you know all the ridiculous crap you need?

- High-paying job
- Nice house
- Nice car
- In solid loving relationship
- Got some keedz
- Snapchat your friends constantly
- Facebook statuses/pictures get lots of likes, big life updates on facebook get boatloads of likes
- Fit
- Intelligent
- Cultured
- Interesting

... it just doesn't stop.

The pressure you had a long, long time ago was:

- Find habitat, survive there
- Hunt, don't die
- Enjoy food
- Find mate, enjoy life together
>>
>>34253990
How do you know what the pressure was in ancient times, or prehistoric times?
I'm sure there were tribal dynamics with their own pressures, and ways of being successful. Maybe you didn't catch enough wild elk and your father was a laughing stock because he was born with a deformed hand, so you are not allowed to sit at the fire.
Plus, some of the pressures would be just as insurmountable. You think you have to be fit now? Imagine when your worth was almost entirely drawn from being able to hunt and defend. Then a rival tribe comes and steals your women by force. At least chad just gives them the option
>>
>>34254096
Tbh there were advantages to that time in that a lot of stressful things from today would just not happen.

For instance, we're no longer allowed nor able to defend ourselves, while in ancient times if you thought a thief was lurking, you could grab your weapon and kill the jerk and no one would care about it. Unless he was the son of the chief then you're fucked, but whatever.

Being fit is also not a problem if the world is your gym and you have to work out just to survive. Being fit is something that just happens.

The diseases and enemy tribes would totally suck, though. But again, at least you'd be allowed (and even encouraged) to fight enemy tribes, while today you're supposed to just bend over and give your job to Jamal so that the company can fill a quota.

Things were certainly not easy, but they were simple.
>>
>meet and gf a girl from /r9k/
>she has no social media at all aside from skype to talk to some autistic people
>looks for no validation from anyone because her self esteem is so low it wouldn't even matter

heh (^:
>>
>>34253990
You don't really have to be a successful person by other people's standards, though. Though this will make it so you have to settle for the worst girls around, you can at least go and get a bf, much better and saner. Homophobia sucks, but still, ehhh... Being gay all you really need is a job and to look decent. And you can pretty much look decent by just hitting the gym two or three times a week and not eating like a hippo.

> No need for high-paying job - there are just guys who work and neither spends a lot of cash on looking good to people they don't like, video games are really cheap compared to FOTM shoes
> There will never be any kids, so any house in a safe place is a good house
> Guys like cars, but with no women around you can use all that DISPOSABLE INCOME to get one
> No kids and no possibility of kids so they don't matter, plus kids suck either way

And getting fit is totally doable, though if you're dumb you'll have to work out a LOT.

I mean, people will just think you're a faggot, but your bf will love you and you'll love him and you'll be happy. Fuck other people's standards, just do your thing. It just won't work with women because they can't into ignoring social expectations.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.