[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /personality consists of walking on eggshells due to extensive

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 0JsdbP.jpg (48KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
0JsdbP.jpg
48KB, 800x600px
Who /personality consists of walking on eggshells due to extensive knowledge of what is socially unacceptable but innate tendencies to act autistically/ here?
>>
>>34252493
>spacebar
go away normie
>>
File: img-cj_kermit_on_a_quest.jpg (163KB, 612x432px) Image search: [Google]
img-cj_kermit_on_a_quest.jpg
163KB, 612x432px
>>34252493
>always knowing what is socially acceptable but not wanting to act too normie just in case a qt fembot might see and call me a normie
>not wanting to act too nu-normal or enormities will make fun of me
>>
>>34253331
What the living fuck. You articulated this exact feel I feel so accurately. Are you me?
>>
File: 1466054233595.jpg (15KB, 405x371px) Image search: [Google]
1466054233595.jpg
15KB, 405x371px
>>34252493
nice pick oh pee
>>
>>34253331
>fembot
You are a normie.
>>
File: il_340x270.1022085900_l5wx.jpg (29KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
il_340x270.1022085900_l5wx.jpg
29KB, 340x270px
>>34253984
see what I MEAN, you can't win AAAAAAAA
>>
>>34252493
>tfw normal enough to know if what someone else does is socially acceptable
>tfw autistic enough to not know what to do myself
Anyone else like this?
I feel like this is the worst combination to have, in some ways I'd rather be a full blown sperg so I'm just ignorant of my lack of social abilities.
If I'm forced into social interaction with people (group projects, needing something from someone, someone else starting a conversation etc.) i'm fine but I suck at spontaneous conversation / small talk.
I know exactly what information i'd like to know about someone, but have no clue how to ask them about it.
For example, i'm at uni living on campus and a couple days ago I was out at the shop and walked past this girl and she smiled at me. Then when I walked back to my apartment block I saw her waiting by the lift and she smiled at me again. There were just three of us in the lift, and the other dude got out half way up. After he got out I'm pretty sure I saw her smiling at me again out of the corner of my eye. I wouldn't exactly call myself good looking but she wasn't a stacy, so I assume she was smiling at me because she thought I was cute or something. I wanted to talk to her but I had literally no idea what to say so I just looked straight ahead and pretended she didn't exist for the next 7 floors until she got out. I considered smiling back at her or something but I couldn't even look at her without freezing up / having to look away.
She was pretty cute so I felt temporarily pretty good that someone might have actually found me attractive, but ultimately I ended up feeling worse because nothing ever became of it due to my own shortcomings.
I feel like going out tomorrow at the same time again for the chance that I bump into her again, but I know that unless she initiates something it's just going to play out exactly the same way.
If anything I've probably just made her feel defeated already by completely ignoring her.
Can anyone else relate?
>>
>>34254882
character limit, cont.

This probably makes me sound like a full sperg but I have friends (admittedly mostly from school were I was forced to interact) that I can talk with fine.
I don't really have an issue with talking with people on my course about a set task / a given topic either.
It's just spontaneous conversation and interaction with strangers, more so with females, that I cannot deal with.
>>
>tfw have autistic knowledge of how to /hijak/ and pull the strings
>tfw make that very obvious
>tfw attractive enough to where it just seems charming and eccentric
>>
iktf op, i'm just too stupid socially to react fast enough to keep up with things. the normies catch me off guard. it's exacerbated because i do nothing so i have nothing to talk about.
>>
>tfw so afraid of making mistakes when interacting with others i become overly quiet and polite
Once I get to know people better I'm more comfortable being myself, but getting to that point can be needlessly difficult.

It's infinitely worse with women I'm attracted to.
>>
>>34254940
>>34254882

i thought i was the only one who fit this criteria
>>
>>34255313
There's probably more of us than you think, what I've described is basically just high-functioning autism.
Most others are just normal enough to scrape through life or are in denial I guess. Neither of those people would end up on this board.
>>
Who else /cantintosocialmedia/?
>can get by fine with face-to-face social interaction
>have no idea how to conduct myself online
>rarely post or upload photos, never share posts or like others posts/photos
>just message friends and like movie/band pages
>>
>>34255401
>people message me
>read message but don't reply
>they get super pissed and block me

I don't understand this. You want to talk to someone, so you message them.
Rather than waiting for them to reply, you end all chances for conversation to happen, thus cucking yourself out of what you wanted.

It's absurd
>>
>>34255401
I literally only have Facebook at this point because it's how uni societies communicate. I used to have 100+ friends (relatives, people from school etc.) and even though I hardly ever posted anything I hated being visible to everyone. I hate the idea of my parents and random people I've hardly spoken to seeing inside jokes etc. I comment on my friend's posts. My dad even asked me to explain the "weird comment" I'd replied to one of my friends with one time.
I ended up just deleting my profile and making a new one (because it's easier to give that as a reason for no longer being friends with someone who asks than having to say you deleted them) and now I just have ~8 people I talk to regularly added and joined a couple of uni related groups and that's it. I really don't see the appeal of social media, at least the type of social media that Facebook has become.
>>
>>34252493
Hey pal, you gotta change your mindset. Life is not about figuring out the average acceptable way to be and living up to that every second of every day. Who the hell cares as long as your are polite and don't commit crimes? That is a slave mentality. You gotta project your unique self upon the world.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.