[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he claims to be a 'robot' >he plays games with

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 13

File: my new fort.png (49KB, 1366x730px) Image search: [Google]
my new fort.png
49KB, 1366x730px
>he claims to be a 'robot'
>he plays games with graphics
I want all normies to fuck off now.
>>
File: neckbeard.png (2KB, 166x130px) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard.png
2KB, 166x130px
>>34244102
>chair and table in the center of a dirt hole
What is the purpose of this, anon?
>>
I was about to shittalk your fort, but it looks like you're still waiting on a wave of migrants so I'll accept your starter fort
>>
File: wew.jpg (71KB, 656x334px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
71KB, 656x334px
>>34244160
It's the computer room, anon.
>>
File: i can do this forever.png (15KB, 654x337px) Image search: [Google]
i can do this forever.png
15KB, 654x337px
>>34244226
Tbh it isn't a "new" fort anymore, it's from months ago. I ended up abandoning when I realized I'd embarked somewhere goblins would never attack me. So feel free to shittalk it.
>>
File: 20170118185822_1.jpg (285KB, 1914x1052px) Image search: [Google]
20170118185822_1.jpg
285KB, 1914x1052px
Because we are not poor OP :^)
>>
>>34244102
>Dwarf Fortress
>A game for normie sub-species 03118C

What the frick are you talking about OP
>>
>>34244278
>I ended up abandoning when I realized I'd embarked somewhere goblins would never attack me.

honestly this is why I hate DF now, unless you embark directly next to a necromancer tower or in a place that's obviously evil you'll never get attacked. Sure a titan will show up once you have pretty much 9 teams of champions who can murder it with ease but it's just not as exciting as it used to be. I hope Toady throws in a variable to scale up how many goblin civs you can have
>>
File: tfw.png (201KB, 647x548px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.png
201KB, 647x548px
>>34244301
>any year
>playing grand theft normie
ISHYGDDT
>>34244348
>implying
>>
what is even the deal with this game
all i ever hear is about is how "robotic" it is but what do you actually DO
>>
>>34244102
>ASCII graphics
>not for casuals
pick one
>>
File: rougelikes.png (13KB, 639x297px) Image search: [Google]
rougelikes.png
13KB, 639x297px
>>34244393
Yeah, I notice the game got way too easy in the recent versions. Also I notice tantrum spirals don't happen anymore, it actually takes effort to make your dorfs upset now. And the discipline thing made it so everything runs away instead of fighting now, which I guess is more realistic but it's less FUN!.

I hope he fixes that soon but who knows with Toady. Might be years before it gets difficult again.
>>
>>34244451

you tell dwarves to do shit

they do it

sometimes they fuck up

sometimes they do it better than you imagined

then monsters show up

tell the dwarves to kill them, assuming you told them how to train correctly. It's a giant management sim
>>
>>34244102
Honestly that's a bit too old for my taste I prefer nes and snes games desu
>>
>>34244484
What? DF got nerfed? Please tell me the fanbase is rioting right now.
>>
File: 1000px-FlowchartDF.png (267KB, 1000x922px) Image search: [Google]
1000px-FlowchartDF.png
267KB, 1000x922px
>>34244484
also i wish starvation was a real threat. Maybe make it so plump helmets aren't so overpowered. It'd be cool if he added a system that encouraged crop rotation or something that requires more micro-management then the current one. I guess he will eventually. I hope he gets a lot done before he dies, because it'll never truly be finished.
>>34244451
On the surface, it's just a game where you manage a fortress of dwarves and try to keep them alive as long as possible. The real fun is the complexity, the weird and unweldy UI, and the depth of stimulation. Instead of just spawning random enemies to attack you, everything is formed in an 'organic' way. You create a world with whatever parameters you choose, then let the years go by and stop it wherever you want to play. During that stimulation, civilizations rise and fall and go to war, people become vampires or werecreatures and transfer their curses, people seek the secrets of life and death and become necromancers, whatever. The fun is in the fact that every creature in the game has history you can follow, so after killing a goblin you can look at his entire lineage and trace it back to the first goblin, if you wanted to. This reveals some really interesting (and hilarious) stories sometimes. I think the real appeal of dwarf fortress is the stories it creates, especially if you have a bit of imagination.

If you feel like it, you can check these popular stories out:
>http://www.timdenee.com/bronzemurder/
>http://www.timdenee.com/oilfurnace/
>http://dfstories.com/the-hamlet-of-tyranny/

There's also adventure mode where you can travel the world and explore, but it's a bit empty currently.
>>
File: IMG_0781.png (82KB, 200x190px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0781.png
82KB, 200x190px
>>34244102
Why do people try to limit instead of expand what kind of media they are allowed to consume?
>>
>>34245021
>Why do people try to limit instead of expand what kind of media they are allowed to consume?
Read Plato's Republic and you'll find the answer, anon.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (233KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
233KB, 1920x1080px
you are like a little baby
watch this
oregano oregano
>>
>>34244414
is this a testing branch or something? I've never had this happen

or is it just an octopode-exclusive interaction? please respond
>>
File: Hope.png (1MB, 1003x707px) Image search: [Google]
Hope.png
1MB, 1003x707px
>>34245721
holy fuck anon, is this the fabled spreadsheet game? I heard wild rumors and tales of it, but I thought it was simply legend. What mythological form of autism do you have? I bow to your superiority. Teach me, master.
>>
File: bright side.png (6KB, 789x324px) Image search: [Google]
bright side.png
6KB, 789x324px
>>34245835
>or is it just an octopode-exclusive interaction? please respond
It's from Ru. One of the sacrifices you can choose to gain piety with Ru is called Sacrifice Love. It makes it so every creature in the game is permanently hostile towards you no matter what.
>>
>>34245883
Nah I am just watching someone play it because I don't want to spend 5 hours reading tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAAmcyk9bRc
>>
>>34245910
oh right, I haven't played ru much yet, thanks for replying
>>
File: vomit.jpg (34KB, 642x91px) Image search: [Google]
vomit.jpg
34KB, 642x91px
>>34245943
impressive. Now i'm watching, too.
>>34245947
np m8, anytime.
>>
>>34244102
>"Robot"
>he actually plays any video games to begin with
>>
>>34245721
What game is that? It's not
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.