[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Dad doesn't know a single thing about college, proud

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: college.jpg (97KB, 900x420px) Image search: [Google]
college.jpg
97KB, 900x420px
>Dad doesn't know a single thing about college, proud to be uneducated
>has been working at a 120k+ job for the past 30 years
>either wants me to get a job or get a degree
>doesn't care what degree

I think he thinks all degrees are equal. Should I use this excuse to get a fun degree in the humanities, maybe even get a masters?
I'm pretty lucky desu, I basically get a free education, probably no school debt because I'm going to take the cheap route, Dad has nothing to spend money on but my education, I'm a good boy so I won't get kicked out that soon.
am I lucky or delusional?
>>
Anon, get a degree that you can get a job with. If you like economics, do economics. If you can program, then do CS. Business/STEM will set you up, and you'll be able to bang more bitches, who'll think you're "making something of yourself".

DO NOT DO A HUMANITIES DEGREE. YOU WILL NOT GET A JOB AND WILL GET LESS PUCCI
>>
>>34229133
I'm definitely not doing STEM or anything math related
should I just get a technical degree at my community college?
should I just be an electrician? or a physical therapist assistant (one day a physical therapist)? or a male nurse? or an IT guy? or a welder?
>>
>>34229455
become an AMT
>>
>waste years of your life on a meme degree to prank your dad and teach him a minor life lesson
Whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>34229455
anything that isn't stem is guaranteed to be full of sjws and sjw classes that get shoved down your throat. take stem. It will set you up for life and you won't have to deal with more sjw bullshit than you already are.
>>
>>34229455
>should I just be an electrician? or a physical therapist assistant (one day a physical therapist)? or a male nurse? or an IT guy? or a welder?
Those are all fine, just don't fall for the humanities trap.
>>
>>34229525
he won't care, he'll blame the economy
>>34229541
I won't take stem, rather just have a blue collar job for the next 30 years (not that that's a shit alternative)

how is business management to you guys? Seems like a decent degree to throw out during an interview
>>
>>34229057
I think you should do the humanities. I have a full ride to my school and major in history. I believe that those who pay out of pocket/go into debt to study humanities are making a mistake, but as long as you aren't (personally) putting money into it, you can study what you like without having to worry about making a return of investment. I myself am probably not getting a history related job anyways, I'd like to be a cop or wilderness firefighter or learn a trade after.
>>
>>34230662
>Spend thousands of dollars on education you won't use
WTF. Worst advice so far
>>
>>34229850
Business Management is easy for finding a job IF you don't mind competing against several other Chads and Stacies for the position.
>>
>>34230662
this is what I'm thinking, I won't have many debt problems because my grandma left me a lot of money for school when she died. So why not take advantage of that?
The only problem I have is the time it takes to get a 4 year degree and then if I want to, go get a technical degree/go to trade school... it just seems by that time I'm going to keep getting older/fatter/paler/less social/all-around unprepared for the working world and be even worse off than I am now.
I want to graduate from college, but I know every single degree is going to be useless to me, I'm not looking to get some super great job where I make triple figures and have 2 cars and a house paid off by 30. I just want to move out and buy a fridge and a couch.
>>
>>34231981
You missed the part where I said I had the scholarship, i spend no money on this education
>>
>>34232681
that's all i want too, enough for a basic apartment and car, with the rest of it paying for travel. Really with any college degree you'll eventually find a comfy office job as an administrative assistant or something, so it'll work out
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.