[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here took therapy as a young kid? And if so, did you improve?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

Who here took therapy as a young kid? And if so, did you improve? If think I did....
>>
I went from an angry piece of shit kid to a depressed and mute piece of shit adult

y-yay
>>
I think that's an improvement?
>>
File: usmc_powerstance.jpg (30KB, 460x302px) Image search: [Google]
usmc_powerstance.jpg
30KB, 460x302px
>tfw forced into in school therapy
>didnt do anything
>got out of it
>>
File: 02f.jpg (34KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
02f.jpg
34KB, 655x527px
>>34226658
I was forced to see a psych every week that came to my house and checked in with the family all because of my attendance in middle school(constantly waking up late and missing the bus so I had no choice really. Lived far away from school.) My family and school thought I was depressed or some shit so they arranged for this.

A few months down the line I'm spending the night at my grand parents house so I could get to school early and my aunt and grandmother decide to give me some shit over taking a fucking bath. I told them I didn't want to since I took a shower earlier and was going to do it in the morning but they continued to press me on that shit. So I got pissed and told them to fuck off and did this hand gesture that they took as a sign that I wanted to stab them or some shit. Fast forward about a week later, shrink comes though I decide to just stay in my room and sleep, they tell her that I got overly agitated and threatened to stab them. Shrink got worried and called the cops, cops came and they called for an ambulance to come and take me to a psych ward.

My youth was fun.
>>
File: BzvvnBECIAEsdwJ.jpg (24KB, 600x444px) Image search: [Google]
BzvvnBECIAEsdwJ.jpg
24KB, 600x444px
>>34226658
Therapy is just a meme. You literally paying so someone can hear about you bitching, and what most anons have told me they don't even get to bitch since the therapist is doing most of the talking.
>>
I started with Paxil and therapy in 5th grade. I was a real whiner about it. Should've just kept my mouth shut because I'm still pretty much the same.
>>
>>34226835
>filename
>usmc
>picture of army
wat
>>
File: usmc_bored_face.jpg (11KB, 146x162px) Image search: [Google]
usmc_bored_face.jpg
11KB, 146x162px
>>34227155
its the bored expression and the calm demeanor
>>
>>34226658
From 6th grade through first year of college if that counts as young
And no, therapy has always been useless for me
>>
>>34226658
no
i was diagnosed with oppositional defiant disorder(bart simpson syndrome) i would literally just do the opposite of what adults told me, i never improved
>>
File: IMG_0862.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0862.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
>>34226692
This

Fuck this gay earth originally
>>
>>34226658
Went to therapy for anxiety but my parents didn't really know about my depression. They didn't understand that me crying wasn't necessarily panic attacks as much as just being sad. My first counselor tried to gradually push we through by giving me "homework". The first one was to say hello to kids in school, then the next one was go out with friends,etc. It didn't help. I was lucky enough that it was when we were all turning 16 so I actually did start going out and doing things with the few friends I had (which I never did before). Anyway I got out of therapy and my parents thought it worked but in reality it was just the fact we could all drive at the time.

It didn't work and it was a waste of my time emotionally and physically.
>>
>>34226991
This. I don't want to sound edgy ass "parents don't underSTaNd! xd" but in a lot of cases it was just them being close minded.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.