[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be 2017 >life is literally impossible >cost of living

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

>Be 2017
>life is literally impossible
>cost of living is way above any job I could attain
>even if I did get a job I have the option of either living in an apartment that sucks all of my money up monthly, or buy a house that will put me into crippling debt until I'm a senior (or just die in debt)

Monder life simply isn't worth it. Prove me wrong. Your either born lucky or you suffer.
>>
>>34223508
So stop living the monder life. There's other options out there.
>>
>>34223535
Like?

2beorginilaornot2be
>>
>>34223535
If you're raised in a modern city, you aren't allowed to leave before you are 18. By that time you are basically stuck. You can't put an animal that has been raised in captivity, put it in the wild, and expect it to survive. It's the same with humans.
>>
>>34223508
>living in an apartment that sucks all of my money up monthly
don't forget the fact you will literally have nothing to show for it either
>>
>>34223613
And you're how old?
>>
>you just gotta work bro retirement will come and then you just chill for the rest of your life
>>
Move away from your trendy liberal state/city. I have a newish car and an apartment and i only work a part time job because i dont live in your shit hole.
>>
>>34223836
This

>I'll have time to enjoy life when i'm literally too old to function

Is suicide the only escape?
>>
>neet for 4 fucking years
>Do the shittest jobs
>Keep applying for entry admin jobs
>finally get one
>2.5 years later have my own office and get $56k a year
Actually getting the job you want is the shit part.
>>
>>34223905
no, there is also looking for and finding the few fulfilling things

nothing that doesn't suck comes easy
>>
>>34223905
This is honestly why I've been contemplating suicide so much lately.
>>
>>34224025
you just end up back here again anyways.
>>
>>34224048
>no matter what everything is shit
fucckkkk
>>
>>34224094
slave world.
>>
>>34223905
>I'll have time to enjoy life when i'm literally too old to function
I'm enjoying life & I work full time. I have today off because it's a legal requirement for me to be given paid time off every so often.
>>
>>34223508
>family all live a long life, except for my dad's dad who died due to a heart defect
>20, figure i'm about a quarter way through life
>will be graduating in december
>fell for the cs meme
>have a job lined up
>pay probably won't be as good as my classmates, but at least i won't have to move out of the state and pay ridiculous taxes
>coming to realize that coasting by on computer knowledge isn't as easy as it was in the 90s or as tv makes it out to be
>jobs get snatched by people much, much smarter than you and the entire industry is just a downward spiral leading to a snake pit
>too much competition and i'm too much of a spaghetti spilling dumbass
>starting to figure out that there isn't much i want from the world, just a nice place to sleep, some time to hang out with my friend, and for people to leave me the fuck alone so i can play my vidya
>vidya is getting worse, tv is getting worse, movies are getting worse, practically every musician i like is dead, anime won't recover from the moeloliweebshit phase
>4chan won't be like AMV Hell: The Website ever again
>only motivation for me to go through all this is so i can save up money and put my imouto through college so she can have a much easier life than me
>either gonna cap myself when i reach 35 or move back to india and becoming a monk in a temple
You're completely fucking right, OP. The modern living meme truly is retarded. I blame the corporate hellscape that we're forced to live in and slave over to cherish and protect. Things aren't gonna get better until the entire system collapses, and I don't see that happening in my lifetime. In all honesty, I'm looking forward to the day I completely give up. I might post on /b/ one last time, for old time's sake.
>>
>>34223992
Did you go to college?

How did you even get the job or pass the interview?
>>
>>34224413
I went to TAFE (community college?) for a bus. admin course, remained neet for a year but eventually got a causal receptionist job.
A few months after getting the job one of the interviewees (older female) said she thought I was sweet and thought they'd give me a shot.
I now have the same job as her and am loved by almost all my coworkers because I bust my ass
>>
>>34223508
You sound like you live in NY, SF or Boston. Try Idaho or Alaska
>>
>>34224580
So did you finish cc? I went to cc and then transferred to a 4 year school. I kinda want to drop because I'm not doing so good in my classes and I hate my accounting degree.

I thought about getting a desk job at a hospital. I also want to leave the restaurant job I have now. I did alright in CC and I have 5 years of good customer exp, so do you think I have a shot of getting an entry lvl desk job?
>>
>fell for the cs meme
>failed out because my hs was shit tier so I'd never taken a real math class
>parents insist that I graduate and force me into economics
>got me what's considered a decent job through connections while I go to uni that I can go full time at after graduation
>absolutely hate the job
>realize I'll probably hate every job that's available to me and won't even be able to live on half of them
>will just off myself after I finish school and my parents stop giving me money
The world is shit the sooner you accept it the easier it gets
>>
>>34224274
>I might post on /b/ one last time, for old time's sake.
Will it at least be a link to your live stream suicide?
>>
>>34224996
I'll follow in the tradition of Toaster Steve.
>>
>>34225255
g-dspeed, anon
>>
>get over the stigma and become a NEET for life

problem fucking solved, just quit your jobs you stupid normies
>>
>>34223508
What do you want in life?
What do you prefer to do besides that?
>>
>>34223508
nah, there are plenty of jobs that pay well. look into the medical field
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.