[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is being transgender a mental illness? I used to think that changing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0110.jpg (62KB, 480x524px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0110.jpg
62KB, 480x524px
Is being transgender a mental illness? I used to think that changing yourself to reflect who you think you are was fine. Im not so sure anymore. Long responses appreciated.
>>
File: giphy.gif (113KB, 320x248px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
113KB, 320x248px
>>34218979
Trans is a mental illness. You are what you are. Life doesnt give a fuck what you think.
>>
File: 1484663617426.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484663617426.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
>>34218979

>OPs pic

So this....is the power.....of American education
>>
>>34218979
>black

kek kek
>>
>>34218979
I think being transgender is a mental illness. Plenty of people have them though and the treatment for this one is transitioning. I'm a tranny and I accept this.
>>
>>34219913
>treatment is transitioning
No it isn't you fucking idiot.
>>
>>34219913
agree with this, if there were meds it could be healed with, that would probably be fine too, but if the easiest way is helping those people to transition, then so be it
>>
>>34219934
why not? the illness is that those people think they are in the wrong body, now you can either try to make them think they are in the right one, or just "give" them a different one.
Give some arguments instead of calling anon a fucking idiot, you stupid retard
>>
>>34219934
bold claim, wanna back it up with a source?
>>
>>34218979
By definition, yes. Gender dysphoria is a psychiatric condition. It's not PC to call it a mental illness, but if you're going by the books, it is.
>>
Trans is a mental illness nobody denies this
>>
>>34219975
>with a source
Your autism is showing
>>
>>34220013
So in order for me to not be autistic, I have to just believe any bull shit you tell me.

Ok anon, if that's how it works, then trans people are godly beings from space, brought here to teach you a valuable lesson about taking a good hard dicking.
>>
File: IMG_0882.jpg (169KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0882.jpg
169KB, 720x1280px
>>34218979
What changed your mind OP? As a tranny I obviously think it's okay to, but the recent perversions on gender identity the SJWs have introduced really piss me off.

It's not fun or trendy, it's rough and time consuming, constantly trying to improve your body to match your mind, and getting shit on at every turn by other trannies saying your a hon or people just laughing when they see your name tag. The alternative is death for anyone who's actually trans, because a life not lived as the gender you feel you are is no life at all.

>pic related, that's me
>>
>>34219974
Ok when they transition it doesn't make them any happier it has the opposite effect, and they are more likely to kill themselves after so how would that be treatment for their mental illness
>>
>>34220040
Shut up retard think before you post.
>>
>>34219574
/thread

Gggfgh
>>
>>34220102
Coming from a trans person you're wrong sorry. I would've killed myself long ago if I didn't transition.
>>
>>34218979
Ehh, I mean gender dysphoria is a mental illness. I don't think its wrong to change your body to match it, but I don't think kids should be modifying themselves in any way.

If I had a kid who told me they were transgender, I would let them wear whatever they want, use whatever pronouns they want, etc, but I would be very hesitant to let them get a sex-change operation or HRT or anything until they were nearly adults. I think I read a study somewhere that showed that 4/5 kids with gender dysphoria grow out of it by 18.
>>
>>34220135
^^ same

I'm way happier now
>>
>>34219913
what other mental illness encourages the delusions characteristic to it as a means of treatment?
>>
>>34220135
>transition
Are you talking about full post op surgery or wearing a wig and taking hormones?
>>
>>34220127
Let it be known that you did think before you posted that, and it was the very best you could come up with.
>>
>>34220171
I didn't have SRS I have my own hair and I take hormones.
>>
>>34220148
mum didn't let me start till 18, thought she was being a cunt but I'm glad she did. For me I still took them, but at least I was an adult and made the decision without anyone else being liable
>>
>>34220148

yup, exceeding puberty before making any drastic changes that will affect you for your whole life is definitely a good idea
>>
I'm done talking to you tranny faggots if you want to cut off your dick and kill yourself be my fucking guest
>>
Nigger, you are NOT born black. Jesus can make you white!
>>
>>34220082
You should ride my dick
I hope you still have your cock
>>
>>34220082
I agree with you completely anon. By the way you look cute.
>>
>>34218979
Of course it's a mental illness and this is why we need asylums. If left to their own devices 100% of sex deviants will molest children. Absolutely all of them will do it eventually.

Men have penises and are attracted to women
Women have vaginas and are attracted to men.

If you "identity" as anything else the only place where you belong is in a padded cell.
>>
>>34218979
it comes down to body chemistry
sure, you can alter it
but it's the bodychemistry that made you alter it, not depression/anexiety. you need to be severely beta to go through hormone therapy. have you ever heard of a normal test person going trans?
what i'm trying to say is, either people get brainwashed or they have low test to begin with. people who get brainwashed are simply mentally weak, not ill.
>>
>>34220135

Anon you're talking about your personnal case and he's talking about thousands of trans who ended up in the statistics of suicide.

>>34220082
>a life not lived as the gender you feel you are is no life at all.

I don't understand any of the trans thinking which probably doesn't matter since I'm a virgin for ever but at least I can relate to this.
>>
>>34220040
I enjoyed this post, but if you had written "good hard space dicking" instead it would have been tenX funnier.
>>
>>34220416
I do, still debating if I'm ready to get rid of it or not.
>>34220458
thanks hunny uwu
>>34220530
when you realize you're a tranny and you don't transition it's like every second you're not trying to be more female it makes you wanna die

It's hard to describe lest you felt it I guess
>>
>>34220615
Dont
Also be muh gf
>>
>>34218979
Being republican is a mental illness.
>>
>>34220082
I want to kiss you and get to know you!
>>
>>34220643
Categorically this.
>>
>>34218979
Wait, niggers are lgbt?
>>
>>34220530
what tells you they wouldn't have killed themselves if denied the right to transition?
>>
File: IMG_0792.jpg (57KB, 480x479px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0792.jpg
57KB, 480x479px
>>34220630
>when you have your heart set on a memelord man but there's so many complications
>>34220662
Uwu
>>
>>34218979
Yes, it is psychosis

"a severe mental disorder in which thought and emotions are so impaired that contact is lost with external reality."

No one who isn't wrapped up in the tranny agenda can honestly say a man saying he's a woman or a woman saying she's a man is not a disconnect from reality. There was a gay agenda, but the difference was that the gay agenda pushed to remove stigmas and stereotypes from a sexuality. The tranny agenda is a push to normalize a mental illness that can be treated with therapy or stopping that shit when they first start expressing their delusions, but instead, we've got these brain dead enablers pushing this shit on children and saying it's ok for them to get HRT. Gonna be interesting to see the massive spike in suicides once these kids get older.
>>
>>34220721

By comparing group A with group B.
If a bigger % of people who transitionned killed themselves than people who didn't, it's a failure, wether it's caused by the meds, by the dissapointment about final result or by the extra bullying, we have to assume that it's not very effective. The difference is big enough that we can't simply assume they would have all killed themselves anyway. Look it up.

It's not like we have a super accurate picture at the moment anyway. When I was born, people thought autism was caused by the mother's attitude and could be cured by cold shower. Lot of discovery have been made since, notably thanks to scanners and IRM.

Last study I read seemed to indicate that some part of the brain for male trans (namely the area making you recognizing yourself as you) is fucked up and looks more like a female brain (but isn't like a female brain) than the "normal" male brain. There's still a lot to discover about this and way too much speculation from everyone.
>>
>>34218979
>Black
Thank you for making me laugh first time in a long long time, stupid bible thumpers
>>
>>34221445
See the thing is you don't know how many people killed themselves over being trans that didn't tell anyone. Like me for example if I kill myself its because I'm not a girl and no one would know that was my reason.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.