[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else here struggling with existence? >how the fuck do

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: download (9).jpg (6KB, 184x274px) Image search: [Google]
download (9).jpg
6KB, 184x274px
Who else here struggling with existence?
>how the fuck do you find meaning in the world when it all ends in the cessation of your consciousness?
>meaning itself is retarded, how do you find meaning in anything? How do you find joy in anything?
>>
you just have to make yourself laugh at the end of the day anon.
>>
>>34218952
what a stupid thing to say fool
>>
>>34218330
If you are worried about the end of your consciousness, then study biology and go work for http://www.sens.org/.

They want to end/reverse aging, and if they can do it in your lifetime, you might be able to live long enough for your consciousness to be uploaded in a computer And then you can live forever. Even if your host computer gets destroyed you can have a backup copy of yourself.

I'll admit its a slim chance, but trying for it is one way for you to find meaning.
>>
>>34219200
How would that be you? It would be a copy of you stored on a computer.
>>
>>34218330
>i took philosophy 101 last semester and existentialism really made me think
>>
>>34218952
fucking lol this is original
>>
>>34219232
If I put you under anesthetics and replace one of your neurons with a nanobot that does the exact same thing as a neuron, then the person that wakes up is still you, right?

Well ok, let's say I do that over and over, until all your neurons are replaced with nanobots. Now you're completely electronic and you are still you, not a copy of you.

This shows that "you" are not your hardware, but your software; you are not your brain, but rather the information and structure that your brain contains.
>>
>>34219414
what if someone made a copy of you. it would have the same structure.

but it wouldn't be you.
>>
>>34218330
Stop thinking about you
and start thinking about others.
Become totally selfless.
Give of yourself till theres nothing left
then die.
But in between the giving and death
your misery will be slightly less apparent.
>>
Why do people feel like life needs a "meaning"? Just live your life, enjoy what you can out of it. There doesn't need to be a reason. You just do it because that's how reality is.
>>
>wealthy family
>don't have to work
>unlimited opportunities
>best education or training is no problem
>can literally point to any city in the world then move and live there for shits and giggles
>stay in my room all day and shitpost instead on a malaysian shadow puppet board

I'm literally wasting my life and can't stop. help.
>>
>>34219449
It kind of would be, its just that you would be existing in slightly different environments most likely, and so you would change and the other you would change and you would become different. So it would very quickly stop being you.

But if your "copy" was synced up with the "actual" you, then I think you would both be the same person.
>>
>>34219566
why do people feel like life needs joy? Just live your life, and what ever comes out of it. There doesn't need to be enjoyment. You just do it because that's how reality is.
>>
It's all about finding enjoyment in present time. A traditional "completeness" of your life such as having a job you enjoy, a romantic interest, hobbies, etc. at length add up to a fulfilled and relatively happy life. Dwelling on negative thoughts will make it worse, regardless of truth.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.