[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone go to an alternative school to public school? Private

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Academisation-745x420.png (595KB, 745x420px) Image search: [Google]
Academisation-745x420.png
595KB, 745x420px
Did anyone go to an alternative school to public school? Private school, boarding school, military school, autism or naughty kid places? Academies for the gifted etc.
>>
>>34216925
Went to a UK state boarding school (from the EU)

Was originally going to go to a school for kids with >130IQ but my parents decided that that would look weird on a CV in later life and that I should learn english as well

Big improvement over my previous school and overall a pretty good experience
>>
>>34216925
>Was originally going to go to a school for kids with >130IQ

Is that a real thing? I know gifted schools exist, but was the requirement really just having a 130 IQ?
>>
>>34216925
Does online school count? Cause I did that for about 2 years.
>>
File: thankuagatha.png (1MB, 1003x767px) Image search: [Google]
thankuagatha.png
1MB, 1003x767px
>>34216925
Went to a Grammar School, UK scheme for gifted students. Why do you ask kind anonfriend?
>>
>>34217051
Where are you from originally?

>>34217082
Usually you have to take a test with them too as an entry requirement.
>>
>>34217082
At least give me a (you) man

Anyways this was in the EU, not in the US as I said so different rules may apply (they will differ between individual schools as well I would assume)

The one I considered going to had that as the main requirement. There was also some other stuff afaik but my parents were the ones dealing with that

Most kids weren't that far over 130 actually, usually well under 150 so noone extremely intelligent

A school like that does carry some negative stigma with it though I guess so not actually that great to have gone to
>>
>>34217294
>where are you from originally?

Germany
>>
>>34216925
from k-10 I went to an all boys private catholic school outside of the US.
>>
>>34217299
Would you have to pay fees to stay too?
>>
>>34217082
Yes, I went to it and it was in the US. You have to qualify for mensa and the iq test was over 2 days. The iq test results allow me to be in Mensa.
>>
>>34217857
I had an IQ test when i was young, I qualified for mensa so they sent me all these logic puzzles to keep my mind focused.
>>
>>34217810
No school fees as it was a state school and EU citizens are (not for much longer I bet) charged the same as brits. Had to pay boarding fees though which weren't cheap at ~11k gbp per year. The school almost certainly made a profit on that
>>
>>34216925
South american here: The public system in my particular country is very poor, so the standard for middle class families are private schools.

They are not very expensive and the quallity of education is ok'ish.

I went to a private kindergarten, then a well known private school in my city, got kicked out form it on 6th grade.

Had to re do 6th grade but I found an option to officially pass it by presenting some tests at a shady institute in the downtown. you were basically paying for a certification. So I spent 6 months doing that.

Finally went to a different private school that was well known for taking "problematic" kids such as me and ended up graduating at the top of my class and raked sixth in the overall national ranking. (this doesent really mean anything at all).

I had to wear an uniform, I used to play basketball and volleyball, hackysack, we used to box in the class rooms when teachers were not around, and I lost my virginity at 17 with my girlfriend at the time who I met through a classmate.

Pretty standard for my social circle.
>>
I went to a private Catholic high school after going to public school my entire life. Shit sucked ass, lost all my friends and got ridiculed daily for being fat, poor and brown. There were like, 6 other non whites in a school of 1k+ rich white people where tuition cost more than state University tuition.
>>
I went to a continuation school because when I changed high schools in the 10th grade I didnt have enough credits to get into a normal one.

>Got a normal high school degree
>graduated early
>literally no homework
>entire school was about the size of 4 trailers put together not including the outside parts
>less than 100 students
>entire school was more laid back, could sleep in class without an issue, lay down ontop of the lunch table in the sun with no shirt, browse the internet instead of doing my online math shit

other kids were there because they were drug users or got expelled from the main high school. Since I was only there because I failed many classes for not doing homework and was a good boy, the teachers treated me extremely well.
Was great. I made up enough credits to go back to a normal high school the 11th grade. I went to the normal high school for about 2 months before I decided enough was enough. Had to beg both principals to let me go back. It was the first time either of them have every had a student ask to go back
>>
I went to military school. Fun parts and terrible parts. Mix of rich assholes (mainly mexicans) and actual cool dudes. Also no retards or wierdos so thats always a plus. Military stuff was ok rode horses yelled at freshmen. Seperate girls academy on campus
>>
>>34216925
oo ooo aa oo.. y-y you .. man?
>>
>>34216925
>15
>state has a program that lets you take community college classes starting your junior year of HS
>state pays college tuition
>in theory, you can have a two year degree by the time you graduate HS
>enroll in program
>quickly realize no one takes attendance in community college
>start skipping almost all classes
>get job at coffee shop
>go to work instead of class, don't tell parents
>spend job money on frivolous things
>realize i'm not going to have enough credits to graduate HS
>have to quit job and cram a bunch of classes in the last two quarters
>never told parents about the job/money
>never told parents i almost didn't graduate HS
>>
>>34216925

yeah i went to private schools, primary and secondary were different places but both private. What do you want to know?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.