[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else morally or existentially disturbed by how focused

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: 1484662753798.png (1MB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1484662753798.png
1MB, 960x1280px
Is anyone else morally or existentially disturbed by how focused women are on their appearances?

It's really hard to explain what I mean by this. I don't mean all the external or simple behavioral aspects of it, like the obsessive preening or the mild narcissism, both understandable by a male psyche. What frightens me about women is that they obviously feel as if they ARE their appearance, that their appearance is linked directly to their sense of self.

Pic related is a good example. I have never in my life taken a picture where my mind was thinking
>I ought look all cute and pouty and attractive and "good."
>I bet I'll look all cute and pouty and [etc.] in this. That makes me feel good.
>This picture really affirms that I'm cute / capable of presenting as cute.

I can be conscious of my appearance, I can want to appear good, I'm sure I can even be narcissistic. But actually think about what kind of mind it takes, from the ground up, to take a picture like this. To do it regularly, often dozens of times a week, to constantly be presenting yourself as cute as an end in itself. She's not "being narcissistic," she is the living embodiment of "presenting as desirable." She IS the process of "presenting as desirable." Whereas I can only "do" that, incidentally.

I feel like this girl, after she took and then disseminated this pic, felt the same way I would feel after creating something great, after a great accomplishment. She feels the same way when she "is cute." I feel a mixture of complete disgust and overwhelming pity for women.
>>
>>34215723
Women only care about reproduction. Knowing that men are always looking for thrm but they want to attract the best one, then they will always frame themselvescas cute, sexy, ...
It's really alienating from a male perspective but that's the game of life.
>>
She is a stupid mentally ill attention whore. She has two nasal piercings for fucks sake.
>>
She should kill herself on a livestream. Roastie I bet too.
>>
>>34215723
Write a book Anon.

This is a comment brimming with originality.
>>
>>34215723
>Is anyone else morally or existentially disturbed by how focused women are on their appearances?

I have accepted it. I am accustomed to not seeing women are real people.
>>
You're reading waaaaay too much into this, OP. Seek therapy.
>>
>>34215723
Women have absolutely no self-awareness, or ability to truly empathise with men.
>>
If men and society weren't this harsh on women, judging them on their looks constantly, then they wouldn't need to be obsessed with appearance this much. Women need to look good to be treated well or they are worthless in everyones eyes
>>
>>34217320
t. woman

Oregonal
>>
>>34217330
We are all anons here
>>
>>34217350
We don't care about your appearance as much as you make out.

By contrast, women will shamelessly reject men for the most petty reasons imaginable.
>>
>>34217391
Yes, you do.
That girl with acne and unbrushed hair you deem no second look worthy, she feels your disgust. As does that girl who is overweight, and that girl who has a generally unpleasing disfigured face, and so on.
The better you look, the friendlier you are treated as a female. This is a fact. If a woman is ugly she is worth nothing in the eyes of society, unless she is a genius who excells in science or something then she is allowed to be one of the guys.
>>
>>34215723
I am morally and existentially distrubed by the constant dilemma between doing the right thing and doing the beneficial thing.

For example, I'd consider acting like a douche or consciously manipulating woman's emotions as wrong. But they seem to want it.

I'd consider scamming people over for money wrong. But companies find that skill valuable.

I find loud, speak before think behavior obnoxious. But it raises your social status.

Now, I don't have big aspirations. My end-game is just your average loyal gf, enough money so that I don't need to spend all my free time thinking of ways to save an extra dollar (or having PTSD from my shitty job), enough free time so I can engage in a hobby or two and head out for a drink on the weekend with my autistic friends. Basically your average Joe lifestyle. Now that's my high-end goal, I would settle for less.

Yet even the above seems hard unless you're willing to commit morally apprehensible acts somewhere. You don't need to murder anyone, but there's always an expectation that you have to basically fuck someone over in some way to get what you want. There's always that whisper that tells you to look the other way because it would be easier.

A total committment to upholding moral standards will result in you being cast away by society, ending up poor, and alone. And I know this will trigger someone, but this is part of the reason why I believe Christianity to be true. It's self-evident.
>>
>>34217517
Wrong.

Oregegege
>>
>>34217555
That's a lot of argument you have there.
I'm just baffled by your high performance of intellectual argumentation and clever standpoints. Thank you, you won.
>>
>>34217603
shut up you dumb roastie. women are much worse.
>>
>>34217603
>type out a bunch of stupid shit
>having the impudence to expect a serious response

kek!
>>
this is why women like blacks.
they are just as fake and posturing as them.
completely superficial existence.
>>
>>34217533
>A total committment to upholding moral standards will result in you being cast away by society, ending up poor, and alone
This just isn't true for everyone. This is why I cannot believe Christianity to be true.
>>
>>34217701
It is though, some are just unaware of it.
>>
>>34217701
>Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good.
>>
File: rS4ineK.jpg (209KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
rS4ineK.jpg
209KB, 900x675px
>>34217517
For fuck sake, this applies both ways.
>>
>>34217517
you're saying that shit as if most women are hideous without make up. if you're genuinely ugly, then yea you're might have a harder time getting male attention.. but most people aren't. and for some dumbshit average women feel the need to put make up on so they can have the illusion that they're a stacey.
>>
>>34215723
Nah, tip your fedora as much as you want but a young, beautiful woman is a sight as enticing as the obsevable universe.
>>
>>34219170
a male baboon would say the same of a female baboon if the male baboon could speak.
>>
>>34219405
Humans are animals, don't try to pretend otherwise. Us being unattractive doesn't make us smarter.
>>
>>34219442
Humans being classified as animals doesn't mean you have to celebrate the basest of our animal nature.
>>
File: 4c3.jpg (70KB, 600x676px) Image search: [Google]
4c3.jpg
70KB, 600x676px
>>34219484
>basest of our animal nature
>>
File: 1483123477955.png (74KB, 541x566px) Image search: [Google]
1483123477955.png
74KB, 541x566px
>>34219504
>greentexting what you said
>>
>>34217517
Okay anon, speaking as a female who is both slightly overweight and has acne, and never has had anyone ever hit on me, the most shit I get for being myself is from other girls. Other girls rip each other apart any chance they get. Once I lied about having a boyfriend and a group of girls responded with; "Really? How?" Women are fucking bitches if you dare step out of what they consider 'normal'. I don't wear makeup, never have, don't give a fuck about dressing cutesy, and they just cringe at me. Never had a guy do so.
>>
File: 1483228863859.jpg (51KB, 740x737px) Image search: [Google]
1483228863859.jpg
51KB, 740x737px
>>34215723
I think I know exactly what you mean. Whenever I see a female make eye contact with me, I fall totally in love with them, but I don't really make it apparent. I try to hang around them and get to know them, but that is my greatest mistake. The females I have had the displeasure of pursuing were all cute, submissive, average girls who seemed like they would enjoy a day in the park or some craps from a romantic movie like that. But as I get to know them better, I see that they aren't really people. They all constantly check their lipstick in the mirror and rapidly tap on their phones when you see them with their friends. Most wear yoga pants (red flag boys) and jean jackets or whatever the hell's in season. When you talk to them, you're not talking to a human being, you're talking to Buzzfeed or Vogue or Salon. They have such a discordance between their actions and their perceived consequences, between them and reality. They neither have any introspection nor a soul. They exist like a speaker connected to a microphone located in some bizarro dimension that revolves around their banal existence. They lack any substance. It's all so tiresome.
>>
>>34220110
I apologise for misspelling and shitty sentence structure, it's a schizophrenic rush to get out what I mean.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.