[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really want to go and travel the world , but I'm 28 years

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: dreamtrl.png (2MB, 1396x950px) Image search: [Google]
dreamtrl.png
2MB, 1396x950px
I really want to go and travel the world , but I'm 28 years old and I will feel like it would be suicide career wise. Like what type of work would I get after I come back.
Plus it's hard to come up with enough money to travel the world. Most people agree it would cost about 20k for a 1 year travel and I only have 8k and it's super hard to save money when I pay so much for rent and other needs. I've been literally starving myself to save money. I just don't know.
>>
>>34208779
Stop being poor retard.
>>
Anon, do you have any career skills now? I traveled for four months but it actually helped my career because I volunteered in my field, and experience like that really pops out. You have to make arrangements like that stateside though. If you can plan for an income beforehand, or volunteer somewhere that provides basic housing and food, you need considerably less money.
>>
>>34209393
No career skills. Just useless degrees and a decent secure job now (38k year). My plan is literally just quit my job when I have 20k saved up and travel around the world staying at hostels and eating cheap food like bread and water.
>>
You're not supposed to just blow 20k on a superyacht tour so you can tick off all the list. Just take a part of your money and go to 1 place.

You can also save a shitload of money if you don't book expensive hotels with swimming pools. Just find a local pension or something. if you plan to stay long you can try to find work in the country you're in. Basic shit like cleaning dishes will pay for your daily expenses.
>>
I consider myself a frugal traveler but 20k for a year is tough with no income. Sign up on CouchSurfing. You can sleep for the cost of a gift for your host, and it puts you in touch with a local. Personally, I'd try to line up at least a service job beforehand.
>>
>>34209978
>20k for a year is tough with no income.
You're a fucking moron, you can do it on less than 10k just fine.
>>
Thanks for the constructive if vulgar comment. You've already contributed so much, but why not propose a budget and plan for OP, factoring in housing, food, transportation? He can review and decide if it helps.
>>
>get tent and camping supplies
>don't go to city cesspools
>don't eat out
>eat cheaply
>travel to experience the nature and landscapes, not the shitty tourist traps
>hitchhike when you can

This is my plan anyway
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.