[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I improve my ability at thinking fast? Thoughts don't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1463795895660.jpg (882KB, 2560x1920px)
1463795895660.jpg
882KB, 2560x1920px
How do I improve my ability at thinking fast?

Thoughts don't come instantly, they build up over a few dozen seconds.

This means that I am always way too slow to contribute to conversations.

What do?
>>
>>34208116
I hear no fap
works for that too anon
get on it.
>>
>>34208116
It's a god- given Gift.
Only the blessed can think fast and win a conversation.

You should surrender to the true master Race: the fast thinkers
>>
>>34208116
You might actually be retarded (no joke), or at least sub-90 IQ territory. Remember, the colloquialism for 'retard' is 'slow' for a reason.
>>
Been taking comedy improv classes that cater to knowing how to think fast and on your feet.

Usually, you base it on whatever was already going through mind at the time, or fall back on thoughts you already have on a regular basis. And either work from there, or just practise whatever thought processes you already have as if you were trying to practise a musical instrument.
>>
>>34208116

Being emotionally invested in the conversation helps.

I find that I react very slowly to conversations that are boring to me or not in my field of interests, but the second a conversation gets brought up that strikes my interest, it makes me happy and I start firing off responses like a machinegun.

I find that whenever my depression hits me and I become apathetic that my ability to hold a conversations becomes way worse and slows down to a crawl, or I just don't talk at all.

A lot of it ties into emotion.
>>
>>34208572
>You might actually be retarded (no joke)
I used to get 25% extra time on exams because I read, write and process slowly.

But I am a straight A student in all of STEM.

>or at least sub-90 IQ territory
I get flawless answers on spacial manipulation, puzzles and patterns in IQ tests, but if you ask me about word association or to solve an anagram I am worse than useless
>>
>>34208631
This makes me feel a little better. I can talk about STEM or computing with people all day.
However no one that I know has any interest in anything other than current events.
>>
>>34208116
You shouldn't be "thinking" during conversation. Do you think normies think during 90% of their conversations? No, they just say whatever. They let instinct take over.
>>
JUST
FUCKING
DO IT

"Hey anon, how do I learn coding?"

"Yo anon, how do I get better at maths?"

"Anon, how can I become a master cup stacker?"

YOU JUST FUCKING DO IT.

THAT'S LITERALLY IT.

IF YOU "CAN'T" DO IT YOU TRY DOING IT UNTIL YOU CAN, THEN YOU DO IT SOME MORE.

If you're unwilling to follow this advice, if pride or shame stops you from engaging in practice and learning, you simply do not want it enough. That's fine as long as you acknowledge that and either change something or move on.
>>
>>34208690
I'm a fucking genius at everything because I follow advice and don't make excuses.
>>
>>34208116
Prepare ideas outside of conversation when you're doing other stuff like mowing the lawn. People thought formulate ideas long before they talk about them and then just bring them up to confirm their views. Just think of something then think of the possible rebuttals.
>>
File: holahola.gif (498KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
holahola.gif
498KB, 300x199px
benis
origami
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.