[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you have to do the "introduce yourself to the class"

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 1483545023537.png (943KB, 1320x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483545023537.png
943KB, 1320x1080px
do you have to do the "introduce yourself to the class" thing at community college?

my first day is tomorrow and I'm worried about it
>>
>>34206127
I don't remember having to do that.
CC is basically high school with ashtrays.
>>
>>34206127
Yes you have to introduce yourself especially at community colleges since they are smaller.
>>
>>34206140
What's a normal sounding hobby I van pretend to have?
>>
>>34206127
Depends, if your CC has lots of older people (25+) then no, but if your CC has lots of young people then you will introduce yourself.

Just prepare yourself, OP.

t. never went to CC but will do in autumn, also have common sense
>>
>>34206127
Just stand up and say "I'm anon, and I like anime."
It's Community college. 100% guaranteed you aren't the only weeaboo autist there.
>>
>>34206127
Maybe in some classes, depends on the professor really.
>>
>>34206127
Depends on your teacher.
>>
>>34206150
>What's a normal sounding hobby I van pretend to have?

say drawing
and if they say can we see say "no, I am embarrassed"

they won't ask again, you have no problems

see, the problem with saying the consumption of any type of media is someone who is familiar with that media could ask you questions about it and then you are fucked

for people like me and (I am assuming you as well) who have no hobbies or interests other than 4chan, that's not good

so any hobby where you create something is better

or do something

say boating or carpentry or something
>>
>>34206150
"Hi guys I'm anon and I like anime. My favorite is Boku no Pico."
>>
>>34206150
Say cooking, it's just normie enough to let you by but too much of a hassle for others to say "Let's taste your food!"
>>
Depends on the class. If it's just lectures no, if you've got labs/tutorials probably
>>
>>34206127
>introduce yourself, anon
>stand up
>hi class, i'm anon and I'm your worst nightmare
>sit down
>everyone gets paranoid whenever I reach into my backpack for the next semester

feels good man
>>
"Hi I'm Anon, I like KMFDM and Doom 2"
>>
>>34206127
Yes, you also have to say why you're there. It's pretty terrible.
>>
most agonizing 15 seconds ever

holy shit I wanna die just thinking of this
>>
If it helps whenever I had to do that shit I would always make a "Hi Im anon and I'm an alcoholic" joke. It usually went over well and got a few laughs.

I would hesitate to try it at college though considering how over sensitive everyone is and you might trigger an actual alcoholic
>>
>>34206549
Just say a bunch of crap.

"Hi i'm anon and I'm pretty sure I'm a psychic and can read minds, actually no I can't"
>>
What is the best way to dog whistle about how I'm a Nazi?
>>
File: MTE5NTU2MzE2MjMyMjU0OTg3.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NTU2MzE2MjMyMjU0OTg3.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>34206881
If you can't even meme, how can you call yourself a nazi?
>>
>>34206881
Say you're a trump supporter and watch them lose their minds
>>
>>34206919
Nobody actually cares or they're too scared to react negatively when shit like this happens. I go to CC in one of the most liberal places in the country and there's a guy in my writing course that wears a Trump beanie every day, the obvious SJWs interact with him totally amiably.
>>
YES i have to do this fucking bullshit every goddamn semester, and i despise it so much. i start my final semester on the 23rd so at least i only have to do it a few more times.
>>
>>34206127
Dunno, make a thread after school tomorrow and tell me pls, I'll be going to CC in September.
>>
Do what I did and say the most autistic but hilarious thing you can come up with. You can steal from me if you want. I said this: "Hi, my name is Anon and I'm currently accepting applications for new friends!"

Everyone laughed but deep down we all knew I wasn't lying.
>>
>>34206127
Yes, I had it. I was even the first person that had to do it so I couldn't look to how other intruduced themselves. If you don't know what to say just say stereotypical shit like "I'm a good listener"
>>
>>34207123
>Nobody actually cares or they're too scared to react negatively when shit like this happens.
kek, one of my CS teachers has a total spergout every time somebody mentions Trump
>>
>>34206127
"I'm anon, I like hiking and watching movies". always worked for me
>>
>>34206341
"hi I'm anon and I'm taking this class because it's required"
>>
>>34207755
My college is pretty small. The teacher would prob call me out.
>>
File: 1477480224492.jpg (13KB, 222x219px) Image search: [Google]
1477480224492.jpg
13KB, 222x219px
>>34206127
>first day at community college
>have to introduce yourself to everyone
>"we'll start at the front"
go through about 3/40 before it gets to me
>"uuuuuhhh, I'm anon and I like computers"
>IT course so sounds stupid as fuck
>"oh it looks like we ran out of time"
>no one else goes
>made myself look like an autist for nothing
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.