[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /melancholy/ here? > stopped being fat > stopped being

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: melancholy-rain.jpg (129KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
melancholy-rain.jpg
129KB, 500x375px
Who /melancholy/ here?

> stopped being fat
> stopped being autistic
> started to befriend a nice girl and have almost-normal conversations with her
> she smiled at me and I'm working on making eye contact

Now she's going away and I probably won't see her any more.
>>
>>34204723
How did you stop being fat and autistic?
>>
>>34204768

Fat, I started biking 10 km (6 miles) each way to work, and eating small lunches, no junk food, and lots of fibre. I lost 25 pounds in 2016.

As for the extreme social anxiety I generally improved my self-confidence after graduating from university. I'm still pretty shy but at least I'm not a wreck.
>>
>stopped being fat
>stopped being autistic
>stopped being dumb
>stopped hearing voices
>stopped having physical ticks that weird people out
>covered up accent
>learned to dress well
>got fit enough that the kids I went to grade school with can't beat me up anymore
>"learned" women enough that I can have as healthy and fulfilling a sex life as I want
>even able to fake being outgoing and talking to people

None of it matters in the long run, because every morning, no matter how hard I push myself or what I've done in life, I wake up every morning wishing I didn't have to crawl out of my warm bed into the cold superficial world.
At least when I was ugly and awkward it felt special when a girl took the effort to talk to me or someone didn't treat me like shit.
Now I'm one of those "likable people", and whenever a stranger smiles at me or someone tries to buddy up to me for no reason I feel sick to my stomach.
>>
File: fuck.jpg (155KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
155KB, 960x720px
>stopped being skinnyfat
>stopped being autistic
>still have no desire to get friends/gf
>still hate my degree
>still hate myself
It doesn't fucking work.
>>
>>34204884

> Now I'm one of those "likable people",

Man that must feel weird.

I'm not trying to "normies ree" you, I can imagine that people trying to treat you like that must feel strange and alienating.

>>34204934

What degree?

Is it better that you at least have no desire for the friends or gf?
>>
>>34205055
>What degree?
Computer engineering.
>Is it better that you at least have no desire for the friends or gf?
Not really. I get really lonely sometimes but once I start talking and getting to know people I just lose all desire to socialize and want to go back to my cold dark room. It's just so tiring and boring. Maybe I haven't met the right people yet.
>>
>>34204884
Any pointers for the understanding women point?
>>
>>34204884
Sounds like depression, OP. I went through a similar stage recently. Once you have become normal and interesting, you realize how dull the life of a typical person really is. Days blend together, and you begin to fall into a life of monotony.

What I typically do is allow my lifestyle to change even more. There were points in time during my life where I had many friends, and there were other times when I had none. I'm currently in a very reclusive stage where I have barely spoken to anyone, including friends (been that way for a few weeks now). So far it's been great, and I don't have to worry about plans. I still text them and eat out with them on occasion, but nothing too exciting. It's good enough for me at the moment. I go through extraordinary lifestyle changes very frequently.

I'm a quirky person irl. When you're older, it makes you more interesting to people, but I'm not talking about the "quiet, socially awkward" kind of quirky. I'm talking about people who really do seem to have a different view of the world.

Personally, I have always thought that intelligence has played a factor. The more you deviate from the norm, the more isolated you become. I often find myself surrounded by many people, but I rarely feel connected to any of them. Even my family relationships feel forced and superficial. There's no deeper bond, just blood relation. There are only a select few people that I can have deep discussions with, but not anybody who can really teach me anything new (with the exception of one or two people).
>>
>>34205139

Cool, comp sci here.

I know what you mean, I feel lonely but talking to people and building relationships is too scary and painful. I hate the effort of seeing someone I know and having to talk to them to avoid being rude.
>>
>>34205213
>I hate the effort of seeing someone I know and having to talk to them to avoid being rude.
See >>34204785
>>
>>34204723

I can relate to this..

>lost 69 pounds
>started to dress decent

>tryed to meet people
>tryed to socialize
>am from germany.. everyone around me is fucking boring
>still hate my job
>>
Melancholy? Melancholy doesn't. even.
FUCKING. DESCRIBE IT
>>
File: 1484441852080.jpg (88KB, 500x614px) Image search: [Google]
1484441852080.jpg
88KB, 500x614px
>>34205055
>I'm not trying to "normies ree" you, I can imagine that people trying to treat you like that must feel strange and alienating.
It is. Recently a guy at my job has started coming up to me all the time, patting me on the shoulder, saying shit like "how are you doing pal?", etc. I know I'm being an asshole but it makes me want to hit him in the face. When girls smile at me on the street I actually feel disgusted with myself. I've only got one friend who I can stand being around, everyone else I avoid.

>>34205168
Be tall and athletic.
Seriously though, and this is what I did, practice makes perfect. Hit on a lot of women and see how they react, then change how you act based on that. This is a lot easier if you live in a large city where you can actually meet lots of women easily.
If you want to "understand" them, they're basically horny guys who lie to themselves and everyone else about their intentions so they can justify their shitty existence.
Don't even try caring about them. If you go up to a girl with no other intention than sleeping with her THAT NIGHT, she'll probably 'fall in love' with you.
Girls don't care about you. They don't want to know you. They just want to get fucked. If you even show the smallest bit of interest in them as human beings, or are willing to put yourself out there and try to form an actual emotional bond with them, or even if you drop the facade of cool indifference and TRY WITH HER, she will lose interest in you faster than you can drop a hat.
Often people say be yourself, this is only half the truth. You have to wall yourself inside your own personality and never let girls through. If you bother talking to a girl (and nothing is a bigger turn off for most girls than some guy approaching them and starting a conversation), do it with a detached indifference to them. Use the entire conversation as a way to amuse yourself.
The second you start caring about them is the second they loose interest in you.
>>
>>34205447
So i guess the harsh reality seems to me that it's not really possible to have an interesting relationship with a woman..
Any adivice on how to fill the void or rather on how to stop feeling of loneliness?
>>
>>34205447
To add to this, constantly try to turn the conversation towards sex. Scratch your dick occasionally. Tell a girl (jokingly) that you've got a small penis. As soon as they hear the word dick or start thinking about dick, they want to get fucked. It doesn't matter if you're attractive or not, women are just naturally whorish. Lots of girls even consider you a "player" with "lots of game" if you manage to swallow your pride enough to focus the entire conversation on your crotch.

Also try to be extremely casual about the whole thing. Girls pretend they want love and romance, because this gets them praise and free shit, all they really want is casual dick. The more vulgar and crass you are, the more they love it.

People in general are disgusting, but women in general really take the fucking cake. Not all women are like this (I hope), but most of them are.
>>
>>34205575
Platonic love is the only true form of love. The Greeks knew this, but thousands of years of "morality" has made us forget it (because society holds together better when it's not roving gangs of young men with no loyalty to anything but each other). If you're lucky enough to meet someone you really enjoy spending time with as a friend, actually that's too tame, someone you truly love, then congratulations.

Personally I'm not that lucky. I like to smoke a joint and go hiking in the mountains for a few hours every day. It's not much, but it's the highlight of my day.
>>
File: 1481341033284.webm (1MB, 840x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1481341033284.webm
1MB, 840x1080px
>>34205577
>>34205447
have you ever stopped to consider that maybe the reason women appear to be trash to you is because you're acting in a manner which appeals to trash women?

im not denying most women are like this, but one night stands with city women at a club who would open their legs to a hobo with psychological issues if he was 8/10 because "PLAYASSS" are a horrible way to bias your view of the opposite sex, just like how /r9k/ tries to skew their worldview on what is essentially cartoon caricatures of high school personalities
>>
>>34205637
Not him but where are you supposed to find woman that don't behave like he described? I have honestly never met a woman that wouldn't be considered ,,trash".
>>
>>34205637
It's not one night stands with women in clubs though. I don't even go after trashy women.

I used to have a close friend, platonic male, who taught me most of what I know about sex, and he would literally have random woman throwing themselves at him just by existing. Every single women we mutually knew, even the ones I really respected (and still respect), talked about him and their attraction to him.

It's not just the superficially trashy turbosluts that are like this. All of them are on some level, some just manage to delude themselves more than others.
>>
File: 1481106478751.gif (2MB, 654x600px) Image search: [Google]
1481106478751.gif
2MB, 654x600px
>>34205744
Depends on what your interests are. A couple of my not-so-attractive friends got cute gfs by going to Friday Night Magic at their local comic book stores, and by "not-so-attractive" I don't mean "Not 10/10 facial aesthetics but they lift" but "Lanklets who look like they haven't showered in days"

>>34205775
>some just manage to delude themselves more than others.

I'm not sure I agree with this line of thinking. Technically humans are animals given a consciousness, you can just go ahead and say we're all deluded beyond our desire to eat, nut in a pretty girl, then die. It's a bit more complicated than that. If you're a Harrison Ford in his prime look alike and can get girls dripping by itching your dick, then more power to you, but if all the women you've ever interacted with actually dropped you at the first sign of any kind of sensitivity or empathy I really have to question where you're picking these monsters up, because with the moderate pussy (reeee normie) i've slain I don't think it's ever been that terrible.
>>
File: 1484592306616.jpg (165KB, 435x603px) Image search: [Google]
1484592306616.jpg
165KB, 435x603px
>>34205844
>if all the women you've ever interacted with actually dropped you at the first sign of any kind of sensitivity or empathy
I was going to try to make some kind of post disagreeing with you, but honestly my idea of "opening up" is burying my head in a girls lap and sobbing like a little bitch so it's probably just me.
>>
>>34205954
Nothing wrong with wanting someone to cry to. I guarantee you'll find someone who will be more flattered than disgusted that you would actually open up to them like that. It's a matter of how empathetic they are.

Do some women see it as a weakness? Yeah, but those cunts aren't exactly worth anything other than a quick fuck so who cares.
>>
>>34205844
>Implying find a girl that cares about you is the same as making any woman lust after you
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.