[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it even worth pursuing your dreams if you aren't the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: tear.jpg (8KB, 164x164px) Image search: [Google]
tear.jpg
8KB, 164x164px
Is it even worth pursuing your dreams if you aren't the best at what you're trying to do, /r9k/?

This is literally the only thing that stopped be from devoting my life to becoming a writer.
>>
>>34204637
>Is it even worth pursuing your dreams if you aren't the best at what you're trying to do, /r9k/?
Yes. Why wouldn't it be?
>>
>>34204637
We are bery things that being meaning to life. Even if you aren't the best, by participating you make 'being the best' mean what it does. Without you (and all of us) trying, there is no 'best.' Then there is nothing.
>>
>>34204637
>pursuing dreams
dont bother.
find a hole and crawl into it.
no matter what you do
youll always be at the behest of some faggot
whos where you want to be
and hates it unironically
but you wont get it till youre where he is
if you ever crawl out of said hole
so youre boned either way
what you really want is to be
an ignorant piece of shit
but once youve tasted it
you cant give it up
and as bad as you want it you know
its over
and no matter how hard you try
youll never make it back
and even if you try
someone will always be there to
ruin it for you
say it fuck and try for what you want
best of luck
>>
>>34204654
Just never felt like I would be worth anything if I wasn't top notch. Especially in arts. If you aren't a genius, it seems like you're a nobody.
>>
i dunno man
i'm just some guy that wants to do the singer guitar guy thing
i have no friends and everything seems against me
i'm gonna try to make something because i have nothing else here in this life
only you can decide whether it's worth it
>>
>>34204703
Fuck man. Good stuff.
>>
>>34204724
>>34204637
Also, what makes someone the best in artistic endeavors? Recognition? Challenge to be replicated? Art is an expression of self, the only equality there is.
>>
>>34204724
Are you writing because you want to write, or because you want to be popular? There are much easier ways to get popular, if that's your goal.
>>
>>34204801
Gimmie instructions
>>
>>34204637
people get paid for writing Star Wars EU lore which is basically fan fiction. One of the highest grossing stories of our generation was fucking 50 shades of normie, BASED OFF A TWILIGHT FANFICTION. Nigga if you can make up your own original shit and it's not autistic you're golden. Try writing about what it's like to be a robot.
>>
>>34204801
OP here.
I love to write, and all I really want is to make a stable profession out of it without cucking myself to children's book publishers and shit.
>>
>>34204866
>I love to write, and all I really want is to make a stable profession out of it

One of these things will kill the other.
>>
>>34204791
This.
Once you overcome the technical limitations of an artform (which CAN be overcome by literally anyone by just practicing), art becomes extremely subjective.
It becomes very hard to tell who is the "best" because people's opinions differ so vastly when it comes to art.

>>34204866
>I love to write
>all I really want is to make a stable profession out of it
A good majority of artists can't have both.
It's the price of being judged for what you create, not what you know.

>>34204847
>Star Wars EU lore
>fanfiction
dude kotor 2 is my shit you shut your mouth
>>
File: ClangFinal_640x480.png (166KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ClangFinal_640x480.png
166KB, 640x480px
>>34204637
dude. We're fucking machines made of meat and water. We don't come preprogrammed with the skills to be good at anything.

Sure, some people are disabled. Some are mentally retarded etc. But at the end of the day the biggest difference between the best and the worst is the training they put in.

I'm nowhere near the worlds best artist or even above standard in any sub-field of art. But I still try because I enjoy it and you might as well spend your time doing things you enjoy.
>>
>>34204637
Yes most of the time its pointless to pursue your dreams as you simply won't find success. Even if you write something great it could fail due to lack of exposure or other factors. The ones who are successful are usually the ones who have social connections that allow them to get exposure.
>>
>>34204952
I never said it was BAD fanfiction, but it's still fanfiction. If someone can earn a living literally making stories within someone else's established universe OP can make a living making his own universe.
>>
File: 15569896846_a42c7e247a_b.jpg (128KB, 683x683px) Image search: [Google]
15569896846_a42c7e247a_b.jpg
128KB, 683x683px
>tfw genuinely used to enjoy writing as a kid
>could write for hours just making adventures
>teachers were impressed, said i had a future in it

>now i'm almost 24 and want to write again but have become such a bitter shell of a person that I've lost all imagination to even begin

growing up was a mistake. the best i can do is have a vague idea for a setting or a specific scene, but i can't build a fucking story around it.
>>
>>34205034
It's also a matter of connections.

If tim the turnip farmer paints the next mona lisa chances are noone is going to appreciate it because it has to be seen by large numbers of people.

However having a dedicated viewer base can make it easier to get exponentially more popular via word of mouth etc.
>>
>>34205057
Damn man. I'm so afraid of that happening to me. My best advice is to find someone to write with. Can help with ideas and also you have someone to enjoy your work.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.