[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any other really fun swashbuckling adventure romp series

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: Archer_Season_2_DVD.png (347KB, 336x477px) Image search: [Google]
Archer_Season_2_DVD.png
347KB, 336x477px
Are there any other really fun swashbuckling adventure romp series like archer, where theres some drama, romance, character development, etc but overall doesnt take itself entirely seriously? I watched the whole series in a couple of weeks and sure some of the content is kind of cucked but overall I don't think I've watched a show this fun since adventure time, which I also liked a lot, but I can't figure out if thats canceled or not.

Anyway since its gonna be hard to wait till April 5th, are there any other shows (not interested in movies those are too short), that are like archer in that they go to exotic locations just to fuck around and try to fug some qts?

Anyway yes please reccomend any shows like Archer or Adventure Time.

And yes I've already seen Bravest Warriors BUT I WILL NOT PAY MONEY FOR THAT SHIT! And anyone gay nigger that recs steven universe should stuff a rust nigger dick up his faggot asshole.

Also would prefer if it were made more recently and kind of has a cold war era theme.
>>
Californication: Fox Mulder drinking and fucking everyone.
>>
File: 2cool4school.jpg (657KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
2cool4school.jpg
657KB, 2448x3264px
>>34202216
oh and I;m ok with live action or animation

>>34202259
is that an episode title or are you just saying that character is a lot like sterling?
>>
>>34202370

It was a series where the guy who played Fox from the x files is an alcoholic writer having sex with anything that walks in California while his baby mama hates him for it.

I mention it because like Archer, he's always drunk and somehow gets out of all the situations he gets into through his poor decisions.
>>
>>34202216
If youre a fan of Monty Python theres a musical medieval comedy show on Netflix called Galavant. The show is completely self aware and makes fun of itself constantly. Its actually pretty watchable and funny if youre into Pythonesque humor.
>>
I stopped watching Archer, season six started off fine but congealed into shit, the last time I saw it I thought it ended but apparently not.

At least it wasn't as bad as Moonbeam City, whose art style didn't make up for the writing and humor.
>>
>>34202216
How about Rick and Morty?
>>
>>34202216
Rick and morty.
Tons of humor, lots of funny unique situations, has some serious moments like archer, but mostly just humor
It has a "philosophy" revolving around nihilism and how nothing really matters which is seen a lot, which makes you appreciate the shows consistency
>>
>>34202216
The Flashman Papers, but they're books.
>>
>>34202503
Should I watch the x-files before watching Californication?
>>
>>34202977
>>34203036
reddit-tier vapid garbage.

fuck off
>>
>>34204074

No, completely unrelated.

I'd watch it anyway another time though if you want some 90s sci fi. That's like 7 seasons though.
>>
>>34202216
Venture brothers is pretty good.
>>
File: flashman.jpg (34KB, 259x399px) Image search: [Google]
flashman.jpg
34KB, 259x399px
>>34203241
these actually sound promising
>>
>>34204163
they're based as fuck
>>
>>34202977
>>34203036
>>34204090
Everything but the two alien tv episodes are pretty good.
>>
File: archer.jpg (159KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
archer.jpg
159KB, 1000x750px
>>34202800
WHat made you quit at season 6? I mean I get the humor might be a bit too crude and rely on gags a bit too much for some, but I don't really see much of difference between season 6 and the previous 5. Also season 7 had an interesting new setting as a private investigative firm in L.A.
>>
>>34204215
Its mediocre at best. In its entire runtime I don't think there was a single moment that had me bursting with laughter just light chuckles every few episodes. Just because it has a couple cool sci-fi concepts (borrowed from other people btw) and gets its feet a little wet with philosophy doesn't make it a good show. The messages the writers seem to be trying to drive with all there "wahh philosophy, your stupid if you believe in anything except being a nihilistic commie bastard" bullshit.

I wouldn't even care so much though if it weren't for the fucking nigger tier fans like you that go "ayy lmao this shit so depp" when in reality its just some shitty halfbaked Back to the Future spoof shit which niggers like you will go back to as say "seh dis shite reel sci-fi" when in reality its just a meaningless pile of corporate garbage meant to make college age fags like you feel like your a fucking philosopher and tragic hero and shit when in reality you've probably read maybe one or two things of actual value in you puny little pathetic life.

Now fuck off with this reddit-tier vapid garbage. Nigger.
>>
>>34204446
No u :)

Unmuted
>>
>>34204244
I think it was that Area 51 episode, I mean it wasn't when I absolutely stopped watching but it I just didn't enjoy it as I did the first two episodes.

I think I need to do a rewatch, I mean I remember exactly why I disliked Futurama post season 4.
>Characters are OOC
>Relies too much on shitty slapstick rather than jokes
>References seemed a little more forced
>>
>>34204446
I can't hear you with you being buried in debt.
>>
File: The-Venture-Bros-603.jpg (102KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
The-Venture-Bros-603.jpg
102KB, 970x545px
>>34202216
Venture Bros is one I enjoyed, character development is quite nice as well as character design, is focuses on that whole hero vs. villain with a sorta 70's vibe to it, the series starts slow but starts picking up mid season 2, and there's a bunch of recalls from previous seasons....Id definitely recommend checking it out
>>
>>34202800
I hate pigs with a passion but i loved moonbeam
Different style and good humor.
Dazzle Novak could beat archer.
>jk
>>
>>34205723
+1 - easily my favourite show right now, shame that Adult Swim has turned into AutismTV so new seasons are years apart and have no real continuous storyline
>>
>>34202216
you could check out Adam Reed's earlier stuff. Frisky Dingo and Sealab 2021. they aren't as accessible as Archer but pretty funny
>>
>>34205723
I am surprised it took so long for Venture Bros to get mentioned. That show is a fucking gem
>>
Steven universe niggerfaggots
>>
>>34205556
I mean I'll admit it has its problems, and sure some of the humor is a bit immature, but it knows what it is and doesn't try to be anymore, and when it is at its best can be thoroughly entertaining, and has had fairly natural character progression at least in my view. So I won't really bug you to hard about watching it, because again its far from perfect, but in my view at the very least its better then most of the other things on TV.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.