[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> it's an "anon can't escape the existential

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: 1483215309695.jpg (92KB, 720x871px) Image search: [Google]
1483215309695.jpg
92KB, 720x871px
> it's an "anon can't escape the existential horror" episode
>>
>>34201697

>its an 'anon starts crying because he heard a song that reminded him of childhood' episode
>>
>>34201697
BOY THEY SURE FUCKING LOVE THIS ONE SEEING AS HOW THEY'VE BEEN PLAYING IT EVERY FUCKING DAY FOR YEARS AND YEARS

I MEAN DID THEY EVEN MAKE ANY OTHERS? BUT WHY WOULD THEY HAVE TO, WHEN THIS ONE'S SO FUCKING GOOD
>>
File: 1469423900941.png (100KB, 201x206px) Image search: [Google]
1469423900941.png
100KB, 201x206px
>>34201697
>tfw not fucked up in the head enough to produce gorgeous yet eerily creepy art
>>
>it's an "anon can't separate all the time on 4chan into separate periods and it's all one massive blur" series finale
>>
>>34201751
>tfw not talented enough to produce art at all
>>
>>34201697
This happened on a shroom trip. Thought I was in hell and that the trip lasted forever.
>>
File: 1484176398449.jpg (12KB, 227x225px) Image search: [Google]
1484176398449.jpg
12KB, 227x225px
>>34201767
>series finale
The an hero episode?
>>
>>34201697
no irony i love the holy shit out of lovecraft
let's talk about it
or planes, i like planes too
looking for company tonight. thanks guys
>>
>>34201782
>tfw your hands cannot create, only destroy
>>
>it's an anon has been contacted by an old multidimensional god that has shown him the apocalyptic future, and has been convinced to become a vessel for this god

it's been very odd
>>
>>34201795
Same, except the trip crystallized the nihilistic existential thoughts that had been forming beneath the surface of my conscious mind and they never went away.
This was 12 years ago though, I haven't felt existential horror in a long time, it's been replaced with a numbness and loss of a sense of value.
I think that kind of thinking can be dangerous to your mental health and might be one reason why so many highly intelligent people are unhappy.
>>
>>34201697
I love these types of paintings. I can't help but think how breathtaking yet horrifying it'd be to find myself in a place like this
>>
>>34201913
I like the concept of gateways to hell that you can stumble across. Just walking through a hallway and suddenly feeling uneasy, slowly things become more and more unnatural until you are in a place like OP pic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvSMGx02nF4
>>
>>34202001
I started watching that the other day with my anime club. Gud stuff
>>
>>34201804
Yo I'm down to talk about Lovecraft. I've got my copy of the Necronomicon right here. I read a story if I can't sleep or if I just feel like it. I haven't read a lot.
>>
>>34201895
Yea I remember thinking "we're all gonna die one day" the fear I felt reminded me of when I was a kid and I stayed up crying because I didn't want to die.
>>
>>34202049
whisperer in darkness is the spookiest thing i've ever read, i love it
being disembodied,
ninth planet called out before ever scientifically discovered,
fuck i love that man
>>
I started fasting for about 24 hours and started feeling like everything was meaningless and all my life has been a silly game. Ate tons of junk fatty fast food now feel "normal". Just keep blocking your consciousness op..till you die.
>>
>>34202082
Haven't read it; I'll do that one next, probably later tonight.
I just finished The Music of Erich Zann. I thought that was pretty cool. Being a musician myself, I like the idea of music having supernatural powers.
>>
>>34202341
whisperer in darkness is must read lovecraft.
from beyond, and the colour out of space too.
too many to name. zann wasn't my style but it's a good story anyway
>>
I remember last year after I watched my uncle die before my eyes I couldn't get over the terror of realizing how truly fucked I was just because I was alive I necessarily had to die at some point and that the only consolation was that it wasn't happening right this very second. It was like I was in heightened fight or flight response for a month and all the time I would imagine every possible way I could die as experienced through my own eyes.

Now shits back to normal and I'm suicidal again. The human mind is an amazing thing.
>>
>>34202495
here, breathe in some cyanide gas.
>>
>>34202519
Hey shit that's not a bad way to go at all. Thanks anon.
>>
>>34202473
I've read From Beyond. Back when Shadow Over Innistrad was released (Magic: The Gathering), I read all the Lovecraft stories that I saw references to: Shadow Over Innsmouth, From Beyond, Call of Cthulu.
>>
>>34202682
not a fan of cthulhu, or dagon, somehow. try haunter of the dark. that's my style.
>>
>>34202743
dreams in the witch house too, though to this day i still do not understand brown jenkin or what place in lovecraft's mind that came from
>>
>>34202743
I'm starting on Haunter of the Dark now. Doesn't seem too long, but these pages are big so I can never accurately judge how long it will take me to read one of these.
>>
>>34202933
it's slow but creepy as fuck, definitely overlooked and underrated.
>big pages
i got a physical copy of all of his stories a couple of days ago (kindle baby previously)
and shit it's like 18 by 12 inches
i don't need a book to be that big motherfucker
>>
>>34203034
Yeah I originally bought this book just because it looked badass. Turns out the inside is even cooler than the outside.
>>
>>34202057
I remember when I was pretty young, maybe 5, I fell onto my knees and held my head, crying about the death that awaits me. My grandmother entered the room and asked what's wrong and I told her it's nothing.
>>
>>34203060
mine has some gay generic fresco paintings on the front and back.
it's cool though cause i know lovecraft is some good stuff
the thing on the doorstep is pretty good if you like a more physical type of horror.
just giving options since you liked erich zann.
>>
>>34203174
Eh I just mentioned Erich Zann because it's the last one I read, and I liked the imagery of an old man violently warding of spooks with his music.
Anyway, I'm already in the middle of the Haunting of the Dark, but I'll add it to my list.
>>
>>34203435
herbert west: reanimator is fun, and cool air
there are def two different kinds of lovecraft though, physical and supernatural
>>
>>34203599
I've read Herbert West. It was cool, but reminded me A LOT of Frankenstein. That's to be expected, though. And yeah, I like either kind, depending on my mood.
>>
>>34203599
I really like the cool lore Lovecraft sets up in addition to the plot of the stories. It's consistent in all his stories and how there's actually a lot of really interesting lore about the gods. I just read:
>He thought of the ancient legends of Ultimate Chaos, at whose centre sprawls the blind idiot god Azathoth, Lord of All Things, encircled by his flapping horde of mindless and amorphous dancers, and lulled by the thin monotonous piping of a demoniac flute held in nameless paws.
>>
>it's the "anon has an existential and suicidal crisis at work" episode
>it's a re-run that comes on every day
>>
I didn't do anything productive today and I get extremely depressed if I don't do anything "productive" (which in my warped mind is drawing, writing, or beating a game) I can't fall asleep with the stress of knowing I utterly wasted my day. Help me someone..
>>
>>34204591
I know that feel, anon. I find it really hard to come up with something to satisfy my time on weekends. Normally I go to the music building (at my university) and practice, but today the music building was closed and I literally only ate, browsed 4chan, and played a little Patapon.

(I can't practice when the music building is closed because I don't have a marimba and even if I did it wouldn't fit in my room.)
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.