[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anons. I have to tell my parents I'm going to drop out.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (8KB, 191x264px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 191x264px
Anons.
I have to tell my parents I'm going to drop out.
This is really my last resort.
I don't know how to tell them that I really cannot keep going waking up every morning doing something that I don't like and that makes me feel miserable because I'm too dumb to actually do it.
Do any of you have any suggestion, or a word of comfort?

I just want to cry.
>>
Shameful self bumperino because I could really use some attention now
>>
It might be rough now, but I hope your happiness improves once you drop out, Anon.
>>
>>34182484
Dear god Thank you so much.
I'm here trying to write something to say, a letter or something to figure out how to do it and it's an hour I'm just shaking nervously and writing bullshittery.
I'm cracked.
And I'm sorry for the vent thread. Jesus.
>>
>>34182484

I'll share my experience with you, though it might not apply exactly since I don't know your circumstances.

When I went to college I had a hard time of it. I didn't make any friends, I isolated myself, spent all day on my computer, and slowly had to withdraw from more and more classes because I couldn't handle life alone with nothing to occupy my time but work and my depressive mindset.

Eventually it got the better of me, I was staying in bed all day, had little energy to do anything. I stopped going to classes because it just felt like to much to handle and had no point in a future that seemed hopeless.

I dropped out. It didn't help me. I didn't find myself wanting to get treatment, or relieved and passionate to pursue new opportunities in life. I just did the same things I did at college but at home and without the stress of having classes to complete.

I was a NEET for 3 years until out of desperation to end my humiliating circumstances and because I knew it would sate my parents' need to see me "progress" in some way, I took a job, which I ended up hating miserably.

I regret leaving college everyday. It's one of the hallmark events in my life that has derailed me from success and has separated me from others.

Please be careful before you make this choice. More often than not your suffering will not go away by just removing yourself from a situation. I'm not saying it's the wrong choice, just be very aware of what is causing you pain and the desire to drop out. If you do decide that you still want to drop out, make sure you have some idea of what you are going to do or some way to attempt to feel better. It's so easy to leave everything and be consumed by despair on your own that you don't see just how viciously it's enforcing a paradigm of self destruction.
>>
>>34183103
How come you didn't consider going back to wrap up your degree?
>>
>>34183103
Yours and mines experience with uni are quite the same.
My therapist said basically the same thing too.
But I don't know how to keep with the pressure of it.
I feel like I'm living in hell. Classes are unclimbable mountains I've smacked against for the last year or so.
Now time's running out and i can't keep failing over and over again.

I did all of this for making mom and dad proud if me. But I've turned out being even a bigger failure than I expected.
I hate to disappoint people and I did all I could to avoid that.

But the mask is cracking open.
Showing the piece of human garbage that I truly am inside.

I'm so sorry.
>>
>>34183103
>I regret leaving college everyday. It's one of the hallmark events in my life that has derailed me from success and has separated me from others.
You say that now, but you didn't know how your life would end up. You made the best choice you could with the information you had. Unless something changed within you back then (and it doesn't sound like that could have happened), you wouldn't have been able to finish the degree anyway.
>>
>>34183278

I'm doing this now actually, just finished my first semester back. But I'm taking a small course load at a nearby community college so I can still live at home. I'm really trying to keep it manageable so I can eventually finish.

During the 3 years after I initially dropped out, I tried once to take a summer course and had to drop it because I fell into the same pattern. I was still depressed, let the work pile up, and mentally collapsed after it became to hard to salvage.

After that, I knew I hadn't grown or changed, and was actually worse off to try to go back to school since I was out of practice in studying and working. I was also losing my knowledge from his/college. I feared I would fail again if I committed to it, and couldn't take the thought of going through that process again.

While I had a job I didn't consider it because working was exhausting, even though it was part time. I also felt like I had enough of a normal occupation to slide by when talking to people about what I did with my time and to give my parents enough of a reason not to worry or take any drastic measures with me. Meanwhile I completely hated it, I'm honestly surprised I managed to hold on to it until I quit.

Basically I've just been waiting for my parents to die so I can kill myself. Though, since leaving my job and going back to school it hasn't been as bad and still have occasional flashes of hope for the future.
>>
>>34183379
Sometimes you have to leave it for a while to do well. I left because my heart wasn't in it and it wasn't really what I wanted to do at the time. I fucked around at CC for a semester after that, still not wanting to be there. I then worked for a few years and eventually wanted to go back because I saw that not having a degree was holding me back. I just knocked out all my lower division reqs for engineering with a 4.0.
>>
I love you all brobots. Thank you.

>>34183500
I hate to disappoint people.
My biggest fear is to end up NEET and futureless not because i believe it to be an awful life, but because it would hurt the ones that love me.
I honestly don't know how this situation will end. And i'm pretty scared.
>>
>>34183657
Have you thought about getting a job? You could tell your parents that you'd like to try working for a while. It will make you appreciate your educational opportunities more, might show you what you like and don't like, show you what the working world is like, etc.

Do you enjoy what you are studying? Do you read about it even when not required to do so? It might just be that you didn't enjoy your subject. Try to come up with a list of careers you like and take their corresponding intro classes at a CC while you work to try to find something you're really passionate about.
>>
OP I feel you senpai
Failed most of my classes last semester because of the same reason. On a full scholarship too, which will probably get dropped once they find out. It's not really a decision of dropping out or not, it's just what you will do next.
My only choice is military or a job after this since I have this lease locked for another year. Choose wisely anon.
>>
>>34183762
No. I do not.
I am one if those hobbyless/interestless persons.
I hardly find anything in anything. I'm walking into the darkness right now, I don't see any way.
I wanted to get a job an to move in my own, but I've never worked and I have no idea how that thing works.
I have no one but you anons to help me. I feel like screaming.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.