[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else write stories, ebooks, regular books, unfinished

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

File: 1477549521489.png (84KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1477549521489.png
84KB, 500x600px
Anyone else write stories, ebooks, regular books, unfinished shit, etc here?
>>
>>34181412
me. what about it? :(
>>
I have like 20 writing projects that are half done

I just lose steam half way through since planning them is way funner than actually doing it and I just find it stressful to show other people so why even bother finishing it
>>
vidoegame fanfiction

including sonic no bully pls
>>
I want to write like short stories that intertwine but just too lazy.
>>
>>34181466
What kind of writing projects ?

-
>>
File: IMG_2263.jpg (127KB, 750x1016px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2263.jpg
127KB, 750x1016px
>>34181412
I write short scripts in the vain hope that I'll be able to film them one day. I'm starting to lose faith in my skills as a director so I want to brush up on it by making something quick and really fucking stupid.

My big issue is that I can write a good, compelling opening scene, but have NOWHERE to go after that. I just fizzle the fuck out. I've been wanting to develop characters more but every time I want to it comes out as a bunch of muddled fucking garbage.

Pic related, an old dead meme I want to film because it'll take me like 2 hours to shoot and I could really use some practice about now.
>>
File: 1483846182647.jpg (57KB, 603x412px) Image search: [Google]
1483846182647.jpg
57KB, 603x412px
>>34181412
I always wanted to write a book about Philosophy, Meaning, Life etc.

I'm "That" type of thinker
>>
>>34181498
Let's fucking read some then, nigger

So long as it isn't erotic it can't be that bad
>>
Sometimes I write AARs of the grand strategy games I play that I never finish or publish anywhere. Basically a more autistic version of >>34181498
>>
I draw autistic comics that I'll never publish.
>>
>>34181607
I also used to write little short stories. Been a long while since I done that.
>>
File: 1475478813115.jpg (13KB, 480x451px) Image search: [Google]
1475478813115.jpg
13KB, 480x451px
>tfw no INFP gf to write cozy stories about nothing with
>>
Sometimes when I take a lot of stimulants, I'll start to write about why feminism is a scourge on Western civilisation and how we should destroy it, but then it wears off and I stop writing.
>>
I wrote a 250,000 (lol) word fanfiction over the course of a year and barely got any feedback on it. Kinda regret wasting my time on it but whatever. At least I finished something for once in my life even if it was shitty.
>>
i have a ton of ideas for novels but never really go through with anything except outlining.
also write poems/song ideas
>>
I have 10s of little short stories ranging from 500 words to 3000, and a novel thats 61k

how does i make monies
>>
>>34181412
I had a fanfic that was sort of a futuristic history book/encyclopedia involving ideas such complete post scarcity human civilization that benevolently rules over aliens who aren't given the technology to live post scarcity and thus have to rely on humans.
I mentally add to when taking a shit/on a bus etc. Only wrote down 90 pages.
>>
I am writing a novel based on the ugly side of life. It takes the three pillars of our society (Romance, Family, Hard Work) and serves to show how each one can fail people. I actually have taken posts from here and reworded them as I will have the later chapters deal with the protagonist going on to a site for loveshy individuals. I'm almost done with my first draft. Wrapping up my research now too. Been fun.
>>
>>34182733
Should also add it's got EVAs, Dr Who, HALO Spartans, Space Marines, Protoss, Zerg, Xenomorpths.
A large chapter involves an alliance between humans and a Borg/Machine (matrix) collective to fight against what is basically WH40k Chaos that have Jeeper Creeper monsters.
>>
>>34181412
I like to write about why I killed all my friends family and coworkers so in case I ever do every one will know why.
>>
File: pepe years.jpg (73KB, 360x350px) Image search: [Google]
pepe years.jpg
73KB, 360x350px
>>34181412
wrote a script for a script-writing contest. here's a sample

>Josh: Definitely. I believe Jesus would've smoked weed though. And isn't there a verse in the Bible about using all of God's plants or something?
>Stan: Yeah, I've heard something like that... People interpret everything kinda... I don't know...
>Josh: Oh, I don't know either. But yeah. Another thing I hated about youth group was watching those corny fucking propaganda movies. (laughs)
>Stan: (In mock-seriousness, he imitates a hip Christian speaker) "You know, guys... When we sin... It hurts God."
>(Everyone laughs)
>(Josh passes the handheld cannabis wax vaporizer to El, who's in the passenger seat. Josh then slows down the vehicle, and turns the music down slightly).
>Josh: Let's do this shit already.
>Travis: I'm first.
>(Travis, sitting in the backseat with Stan, rolls down his window. He picks up an aluminum baseball bat that's lying on the floor of the vehicle.)
>Travis: That one. The one on the right.
>Josh: (Points towards an approaching mailbox) This one?
>Travis: Yeah. Slow down. (Pauses) Shhhh. Hey, turn the music down.
>(Josh turns the music down and slows the vehicle. The boys quickly scan the area to make sure that no one is watching. Travis, holding the bat, turns in his seat and leans out the window. His whole torso is out. He raises the bat, and then brings it down hard onto the thin-metal mailbox. A loud "clang" rings through the subdivision. The mailbox swings from one side of the stand with a deep indentation in the middle. The boys burst out laughing. Travis falls back into his seat.)
>Travis: (Laughing hysterically) GO! GO!
>(Josh floors the gas pedal. The tires of the SUV squeal as the vehicle speeds away. El turns the music back up to full blast, and everyone is still belly-laughing.)
>Stan: (Teary-eyed from laughter) Holy fucking shit!
>>
>>34182989
How did you do?

blooxk
>>
>>34183069
i didn't enter the finished product because it costed money. lots of contests do. so i just look back on it as something i did for a few days. it was fun to do creative writing again after a loooong time.
>>
any of you know some good robot literature?
>>
>>34181412
I write erotic short stories about Natalia (mummy).
>>
>>34182757
>It takes the three pillars of our society (Romance, Family, Hard Work)

let me stop you right there. why are romance and family different? why is hard work a pillar at all? i think you're missing a lot. it's like you just read milton friedman and all you can think about is production
>>
I used to write erotic stories about my modded Skyrim Character and his adventures.
>>
I feel this is related, why is /lit/ so shit.
>>
>>34183929
they prefer to look at books on a shelf instead of actually read them
>>
Yes, often.
In an original sense.
>>
I write little sketches mainly. I also wrote the screenplay for a short film but that needs a rewrite. I'm writing another short film at the moment which I'm proud of so far.
I do nothing with these scripts but it still makes me feel good.
>>
>>34181607
I remember you from an older thread.
You should plan out your stuff more. Don't start writing until you've got a good skeleton for your story.
>>
File: cho.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
cho.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
I write all the time but I never finish anything except for a few short stories.
>>
File: Script Director-1.jpg (196KB, 1700x2200px) Image search: [Google]
Script Director-1.jpg
196KB, 1700x2200px
>>34184265
Here's one I did this morning after I went for a walk.
It's not the most original but I like it.
1/2
>>
File: Script Director-2.jpg (65KB, 1700x2200px) Image search: [Google]
Script Director-2.jpg
65KB, 1700x2200px
>>34184330
2/2
It's short and doesn't have too much to say, just like me.
>>
>>34181412
i used to write scat erotica; my main focus was derived around me consuming, fat below average looking wenches turds and then with the left overs i would then create articulated abstract ideas with the excrement over the walls.
>>
>>34184438
Sounds like shit.
My comment was neither original in content nor in context.
>>
>>34181607
>>34184280
>Don't start writing until you've got a good skeleton for your story.
The opening scene can be a good starting point, but you've still got to take it and run with it, use it as a jumping off point for the planning and development process. It's that process which is the other side of the coin; it's rewarding to dump something creative out of your head and onto the page, but then you've got to do the work of building up the bones for it to grow on, which is where a lot of people flounder. Make yourself do it, though, because if you're willing to invest the time and effort you'll be creating a space for your creativity to thrive.
>>
>>34181607
Nick (of The Tower)?
>>
>>34184330
>>34184346
This is pretty good tbqh. Deserves a YouTube adaptation I'd say
>>
File: Hakaider.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Hakaider.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
I have 2 different things I'm writing. One is a sci-fi body horror story I started in highschool on wattpad. I hesitate to update it though because no one was reading it but one guy is following me which gives me motivation. The other thing is a mini bible for a fantssy cartoon I'm trying to pitch. I try to work up motivation to start writing again but I waste time bullshiting on 4chan.
>>
>>34185458
Thank you very much.
But considering I have no friends, nowhere to film and no camera, for now it will just be another little script on my hard drive to give me a bit of hope that I can finish a bigger script.
The radio sketch scripts, those I could probably do by myself though.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.