[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think 4chan is the best website in the world for talking about

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: clash who.jpg (50KB, 731x490px) Image search: [Google]
clash who.jpg
50KB, 731x490px
I think 4chan is the best website in the world for talking about stuff. You're anonymous, so you don't need to worry about losing your reputation. You can say how you really feel, and no one will think less of you. And even if you're stupid generally, if you're right about one thing, people can see you being right without already being biased against you.

I also think the limited number of boards works to the site's favor. On Reddit, you can start a section about literally anything, and it's just a circlejerk of people who have similar opinions. Nothing like that here. You start your thread and people can tell you what they think of the topic.

You have a reasonable amount of free speech here, but again, people will disagree. You can start a thread about how the age of consent should be lowered, but you'll also get a bunch of people telling you to kill yourself. It makes for a very balanced website.

Thank you. I spend so much of my day posting here.
>>
you're less anonymous than you think...
>>
>>34175283
yeah, just wait till Jap Moot is finished collecting data on us and sells some of the weird fuckers out
>>
These are good points. The biggest complaint I have about this site is that since hundreds of threads are created every hour, only threads that are very general in who they apply to have a chance of surviving long enough to be a fruitful conversation.
Like on /mu/, if you make a thread about some niche band or genre, it will die quickly because within 10 minutes there are 50 new threads about some big meme band like death grips or NMH

This is the reason you see the same threads over and over on here
>>
you can gain mild psychic powers by having to deal with so much anonymous

and it is good feel for undercurrent pulse of humanity darkside

also it is a fine place to test ideas and experiment with language

yes, it is truly that 4chan is the best place yet for perverse social psychologist
>>
>>34175505
That is a problem on the quicker boards, definitely. I watch a lot of movies, particularly older ones, and it's usually pretty hard to talk about those on /tv/ because most of the people who post there aren't interested. I do think /film/ would be a good idea. Maybe you could only start threads about movies made before 1990 or something. I think it would work if it had good moderation and was really slow like /lit/, but I don't know if that's possible.

Maybe if /tv/ can just get the spam under control somehow.
>>
>>34175740
tv is the fuckin worst board on the site man give it up
>>
>>34175773
I want to, but movies are my main hobby. I keep coming back hoping things will be different. I can usually deal with it, but the spam has gotten out of control lately.
>>
I think most of the problem with every interest board is that half of the people on them at any time only want to discuss NEW shit.

Whatever movies are in theaters now, whatever p4k or Fantano JUST reviewed, whatever fashion just came into style this month, etc., you get the point.

While the other half actually have a deeper interest beyond appearing / feeling cool and up to date
>>
>>34175971
Yeah, /lit/ is the only board that isn't more into modern stuff than older. It's pretty comfy. I've actually started reading more so I can post there.
>>
>>34175252
>You can say how you really feel
but not everyone uses this as a diary?

also most people (or at least me) say how they actually don't feel. for fun.

those who misinterpret it as reality are the ones getting memed. please don't be that person. it's odd.
>>
>>34178013
You can lie too. That's another part of the beauty.
>>
>>34175252
>I think 4chan is the best website in the world for talking about stuff. You're anonymous, so you don't need to worry about losing your reputation. You can say how you really feel, and no one will think less of you. And even if you're stupid generally, if you're right about one thing, people can see you being right without already being biased against you.

i wish that were true but i feel like there are always people out there trying to mock you or misquote you to try to make you feel bad so id watch what you say. ive been talking outta my ass here for a while but im trying to dial it down.
>>
>>34175283
whoa, that realIy changed my perception
>>
>>34178051
>You can lie too.
that's a different story. no need to do all that. but if sarcasm and irony fall under the same category, whatever you choose to label it. i personally have seen people lack in sincerity in and out of the same clusters of sentences; you don't know what part was said in jest and what came from the heart. also the level of care or attention poured into a post differs. some people think they're on an upvote system like reddit, but others think this is a habbo hotel chatroom where they can shitpost and die. nobody cares.

it's all relative senpai
>>
>>34175563
Yeah, it's quite fun to test to see how people react to controversial ideas that would be risky to express in person.
>>
>>34175252
I agree OP but not because it's Anonymous.

I have no reputation in real life because I'm fully isolated and my family expects or does worse than I've ever said on here.

But what I do enjoy about this website is I can take the viewpoints of other people and play the most extreme and convincing game of devils advocate. I can be anyone and anything for the duration of a thread. I've been so many people and so many things, garnered so many different reactions and learned tons of things about fields, places, people, situations, sexualities, ideologies, etc that I don't even subscribe to in real life, aren't involved in, would never touch etc by doing my best to faithfully embody those ideas and concepts.

Strangely, in real life, I'm a single, non descript recluse of no education but on here today alone I've been just finishing up uni, I've been a geologist, with no one finding any holes in my knowledge, which was hastily learned on the spot, I've been an ex BLM activist and a radical feminist and someone claiming to have a burnt out graphic card that I've never owned in my life. I do understand I'm none of these things though and do this nowhere else, but as a mental exercise this place is priceless.
>>
I love /r9k/ because it's the only place to find people who aren't normies.
>>
File: 1404689733204.jpg (33KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
1404689733204.jpg
33KB, 480x454px
>>34175283
DELET

STOP SCARING ME
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.