[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is IQ based on? Do you have to take an IQ test to know your

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_9526.jpg (88KB, 1242x1257px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9526.jpg
88KB, 1242x1257px
What is IQ based on?
Do you have to take an IQ test to know your actual IQ?
Are people with college degrees ones with the higher IQs?
>>
>>34172656
yeah you have to take a test, you can't know it from a roll thread
You can google what it's based on
and yeah it probably takes an above average iq to get a degree but you hardly need to be a genius
>>
>>34172656
the IQ test is based on the assumption that one of the key aspects of intelligence is pattern recognition

that's what most IQ tests are about, so just a heads up
>>
>>34172656
IQ tests are a fucking meme
No experts actually believe it
>>
supposedly tests pattern recognition.

it does an okay job i guess.

There is a thread over on sci about whether perelman is better than tao.

One anon said tao's iq is higher than perelman, which is probably true.

IQ doesn't really matter at the extremely high end. It is interesting when we talk about populations the avg IQ of a country but its not the be all end all of things.
>>
>>34172795
Who made it up? Why do this to people? Another Jew conspiracy?
>>
>>34172823
It was made based on limited knowledge of what intelligence is. We still don't even have a definition on intelligence. Without a definition, how can a scientist RIGOROUSLY and I mean to the standards of science measure "intelligence". We can measure physical properties like acceleration, temperature, electrical conductivity etc. because they are well defined. I personally think IQ tests are like the lie detectors of intelligence.
>>
>>34172823

I heard it was invented by nazis to fuck with minorities or something
>>
>>34172823
He's right. They were developed to try and prove that intelligence is hereditary and some races are inferior in order to limit immigration from certain areas and justify sterilization of undesirable groups.

I mean, intelligence is hereditary, some races are statistically less intelligent than others, and limiting immigration and sterilizing stupid people isn't bad, but IQ tests were just developed to serve a immediate political goal.
>>
IQ mostly defines your aptitude for visual memory, calculation, and pattern recognition. These are usually the qualities that make you successful in STEM fields.
>>
>>34172795
Actually all experts believe in IQ tests. And by experts I mean actual experts, not post-colonial gender studies professors.

>>34172939
We have a definition you fucking retard. Stop spouting feel good marxist bullshit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G_factor_(psychometrics)
>>
IQ tests work perfectly well.

It's no myth that niggers are faster and stronger than other races. So why is it so hard to believe that intelligence is also inherited?

Niggers have the lowest IQ and it shows. Africa is an utter shithole.
>>
>>34172656
I tested my IQ on an online assessment. I got 160, easy stuff. Too bad it cost me 20$ for the test.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.