[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I fix my mind? I find it increasingly hard to concentrate,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: asdf.jpg (63KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
63KB, 640x480px
How do I fix my mind? I find it increasingly hard to concentrate, can't sleep and have to check 4chan every few minutes. Sometimes I even browse the webs while watching a movie. I literally can't quiet my mind down. Already started meditating a month ago but I haven't seen much improvement.
>>
>>34161208
Just try and focus on one thing at a time, and stop browsing 4chan so much.
>>
>>34161254
But it's all I have. I just want to get through my deskjob and get back to my real life on the Internet. And it's ruining me.
>>
>>34161208
it's time to disconnect your internet
>>
>>34161208
Information overload. The internet is like an IV drip of constant new information stimulus. You hook yourself up to that and you're surprised that your brain ODs on information and struggles to process things?

Here's how you can fix it (you won't)
>don't go on the internet so much
>don't go on dumb instant gratification websites like 4chan or reddit
>read a fucking book
>give yourself time when your brain is not being stimulated or force fed information: meditate, walk (no music or podcasts) etc.
>>
>>34161208
Same problem. Literally unable to do things like watch movies or read anything longer than few words. Attention always go to shit and in no time I find myself thinking about pointlessness of everything. Comfy existence buddy
>>
File: IMG_0913.jpg (46KB, 851x315px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0913.jpg
46KB, 851x315px
>>34161208
I have the same problem bro. Just don't overthink everything
>>
>>34161208
Same here OP. It's fucking up my job and my life.
>>
>>34161273
Television, books and hobbies.
>>
Have similar problem, but was actually week without computer since my laptop battery charger broke down.
Did not help getting shit done.
>>
>>34162800
I really hate television. Books are nice tho. What are some other easy hobbies?
I tried drawing and it's way too hard to be fun.
>>
>>34164220
It's hard at first and takes some commitment but guitar is good fun, rc stuff is cool too, metal detecting. Lego, old video games, are some examples.
>>
>>34164423
RC sounds interesting but I have two left hands and I hate working with physical stuff because I fear I might break shit. Building and 'tuning' sound interesting, driving not so much. Is there some sort of tinkering that's cheap and easy to get into?
>>
>>34161208
Same here, whether it's reading a comment on 4chan, a book, playing a videogame, etc, I'm playing the game, but I'm not really enjoying it because I'm not focused. It's hard to explain, but I can definitely relate Anon.
>>
>>34166079
Sometimes when stressed out like this I read books, but I never really read them, even when I do. I think that is sort of what you mean.
I barely remember reading them also, I read the whole fucking Shakespeare plays but can hardly remember anything about it.
>>
>>34166127
This. I sometimes have to read a paragraph a few times. Or completely forget the characters. If I'm not completly immersed (which happens rarely), I only get about 20% of it. Even worse then the book is a clusterfuck that starts 2 times and meets somewhere in the middle.
>>
>>34166613
There's also no enjoyment afterwards, usually books get me calm, but not when I have that going on
>>
I have this, now I just embrace it. I like multitasking, usually have to at least play an instrument if I'm watching a movie. Hiking or cross-country skiing in the mountain helps.
>>
>>34161208
yea this is me whenever I do downhill skiing I cnat really enjoy it. I need to have a book at least and maybe a twitch stream or letsplay as well as music on the ear. Gets really annoying becasue I have to stop every now and then to add the lates songs to my playlist or switch streams whenever the streamer Im watching is between games.

t. millennial
>>
>>34161208
Try trepanation. They will drill a little hole into your skull to alter the interior pressure. As a result the blood flow inside your head will increase and you might get better.
>>
>>34165677
Whoops forgot about this thread. Well anon I don't really know any hobbies that involve things along the lines of tinkering, but that in itself is a hobby, if you're looking to build there's models of combustion engines and the like, also a Lego set every now an then is alright, if you got in rc stuff on occasion you might have to do some fiddling every now and then and flying the little helicopters and things aren't too hard they just take a little practice.

If you have the skills I've heard amateur mechanic work on your car is alright and saves money, there's tons of resources around the internet if you want to just build stuff generally too, people messing with toys and making cute little gadgets, just got to look for them.
>>
>>34164423
Building legos is completely fucking autistic if you're older than 11, but I won't deny that it is a pretty good way to train yourself to focus if that's what you like.
>>
take walks
>>
>>34167238
Well I have aspergers so I guess I get a free pass on that one, they're pretty fun to build, I like seeing them go from a pile of bricks to a robot or a house, or a spaceship, feels really satisfying.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.