[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello. Your path to enlightenment begins here; ask any question,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 13

File: 1457753507215.jpg (107KB, 500x637px) Image search: [Google]
1457753507215.jpg
107KB, 500x637px
Hello.

Your path to enlightenment begins here; ask any question, and you shall receive an answer. Posters are encourage to post wojaks.
>>
File: 1481231151977.png (83KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1481231151977.png
83KB, 640x360px
>>34157768
Should I get out of bed tomorrow?
>>
>>34157768
Should I continue to regard my fantasy life as more important as my real life?
>>
File: watsa.jpg (190KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
watsa.jpg
190KB, 700x525px
What's your breathing technique?

How do you incorporate meditation during sex?
Since ever I use "want a back massage" to get girls I hook up with topless/naked in bed and ready to fuck, but recently I discovered that if I guide them through a 5 minute "meditation workshop", in which I tell them to breath deep, regularly, relax, feel to their tip of their fingers etc. etc. they get used to taking commands in bed and it goes even smoother.
>>
>>34157787
Is there any reason to stay in bed, anon?

>>34157804
Real life is as much a fantasy as any other fantasy, pilgrim. What you should be concerning yourself with, is your fantasy life conducive to your goals in life?

>>34157818
I don't have any special technique I use for breathing. I just make sure to space them properly, and that the breaths go deep into my belly.

I don't have much experience with sex, or meditating during sex, as I stay voluntarily celibate. You seem like you've been having enough success, in that, however.
>>
>>34157768
Is my current semi-normie lifestyle a proper path to walk on? Am I really that invisible to attractive women? Is waiting for "the one" worthy on a long term?
>>
>>34157870
What is your cyborg lifestyle composed of?

Do you ever approach attractive women?
>>
>>34157855
Do you use your mouth, nose or both, and does it differ during breathing in and out?
Do you breath into your belly AND then also into the chest?
And do you hold in the breath for a few?
E.g. 5 seconds in, 2 seconds hold, 5 seconds out.
?

Do you ever set a clock?
>>
>>34157804
In a way, 'real' life is as much an illusion as your fantasy life. And yet you only have a physical body in the real life.

With that body, you are able to achieve enlightenment and universal truth. Without a body, you cannot do this in your fantasy.
>>
How do I succeed in my normie semi-sales job as a cyborg?

Thinking about meetings and stuff gives me a lot of anxiety

I have some level of functional social skills but I'm no Chad/full normie
>>
File: 1480831054101.jpg (37KB, 604x397px) Image search: [Google]
1480831054101.jpg
37KB, 604x397px
>>34157768 Will I get someone to take me to walmart today? Im out of juice and dinner foods but mummy wouldnt take me to get any yesterday like she said she would
>>
>>34157934
In the nose, to the belly, wait a second, from the belly, out the mouth.

I do not use a clock, or any timer.

>>34157994
Study kinesics. http://www.nonverbal-dictionary.org/2012/11/search-for-word-in-dictionary_4.html Here is a good resource.

>>34158013
You must not live life passively, pilgrim.
>>
So op i stay in a small town and barely leave only to go drinking at weekends.. so will i get a gf or is that just movie fantasy
>>
>>34158051
Do you know if breathing in through the nose is also recommended during massages?
Also, what about the other questions, be more explicit. Thx

And what do you think of Zen?
>>
>>34157923
Going out on a regular basis, having a pretty wide social circle and pretending to be "just enjoying life". All of this while I feel really disconnected with most people around me.
Not really, I've never felt worthy of giving it a try, but being in their presence during my normie expeditions makes me feel frustrated and anxious.
>>
File: 1484430366412-r9k.jpg (82KB, 700x856px) Image search: [Google]
1484430366412-r9k.jpg
82KB, 700x856px
>>34157768
Will I be able to commit suicide before August 28 and join my daydream world?
>>
>>34157870
If you live a righteous life then you do not need to doubt your path. Our attraction to women (or another human being) is in many ways one of those most confounding aspects of being a human. Attraction can grow the seed of lust and desire in ourselves, obfuscating our true nature. At worst, such desire can lead to great pain and suffering. And yet to be intimate with another human, to love and procreate are biological imperatives which the universe has given us. Furthermore, by having children we give rise for other beings to achieve enlightenment in a human body.

Gautama Buddha, before his enlightenment, was tempted by demons in the form of beautiful women. Of course, he overcame them.

You are not invisible to attractive women. Like so many of us, you are blinded by superficial beauty and do not realise the connection you have with all human beings.

Do not worry about finding "the one". You will have many fated connections as your life progresses.

No matter how beautiful a woman you may find, there will always be another woman even more beautiful than the last if desire and lust reign in your heart.
>>
>>34157994
What is success in your job/career? What do you imagine that such success will bring to you?
>>
>>34157768
What do with Jews?
>>
>>34158106
You don't need advise. You have already realised the truth in the words you speak.

Listen to your true nature and adjust yourself accordingly.
>>
>>34158083
Like I told >>34158013, you must not live life passively. You're waiting for the opportunity to get a girlfriend to present itself, instead of MAKING the opportunity present itself.

>>34158086
Breathing solely through the nose doesn't carry as much energy, and breathing solely through the mouth dries it out, becoming a distraction. This is why I think it best to start from the former, and finish from the latter.

I have not studied Zen and cannot make any recommendations for it, or against it. If it seems interesting to you, and seems like it has something to offer you, then I would recommend looking into it.

As for the other questions:
>does it differ breathing in or out (of the mouth/nose)?
It doesn't, personally, for me. Takes about the same amount of time.
>do you breathe into the belly and also the chest?
I focus only on the belly - make sure I get a belly-full of air, and exhale. It's about a second of breathing in, a second of holding it, a second of breathing out.
>>
>>34158115
If this is serious then I sincerely hope that you do not suicide.

I have gone through painful depressive episodes and have wished to die every night, for months on end. I would not wish it on any being. However, I never had the courage to ever attempt suicide.

I hope you don't forsake the opportunity you have of living in this life, to have the opportunity to achieve enlightenment. But if the pain is too great and you do suicide, I hope you find the peace you are looking for.
>>
>>34158106
Why do you feel disconnected from those around you? Why do are you only pretending to enjoy life?

Like the advice I've given others, you can't be passive. You make your own opportunities, and you are responsible for not making your opportunities appear.

>>34158115
Probably not. Suicide isn't a good solution to a life, it's a misstep in the dance of enlightenment.
>>
>>34157768
do really other country thinks philippines is just shit
>>
>>34158176
Nothing.

>>34158345
I can't speak on behalf of an entire populace. Personally, I don't have much of an opinion on the philippines, although I think Duterte is occasionally entertaining.
>>
>>34158367
tnx for sharing ur views anon
>>
Is there a way to maximize my self-awareness (my ability to evaluate my own thoughts more objectively) without meditating daily? I've tried taking psychadelics and weed and they have helped me keep away from depression, but I still feel like I could do a lot of work at making myself carry out my goals, I just am too lazy.
>>
File: IMG_4647.jpg (203KB, 900x1146px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4647.jpg
203KB, 900x1146px
>>34157768
Hey, glad to see you here. Can you explain to me what does "form is emptiness;emptiness is a form" mean? I've read some books about buddhism and currently readin Buddha and his teachings but such matter is not present there.
Thanks
>>
>>34158620
You have joyfully amused me, anon. Your words tell me you already know the truth of this matter. I do understand that perhaps you are looking for more practical advice. However, nothing anyone says and nothing external will cause you to take action unless your directing mind chooses to. Good luck mate.
>>
>>34158680
i am glad i have amused you. could you give me some practical advice then? how do you build up and maintain mental fortitude?
>>
>>34158680
>>34158726
i feel like i attained some sort of enlightened state in high school because of my refusal to be enthralled in the stupidity of it all, but now that I am an adult things just aren't the same. I have to be enthralled by my interests but still maintain that mindful perspective somehow.
>>
>>34158767
How long until antibudda finds the thread?
>>
>>34158860
what?

i am an original human been
>>
>>34158726
For me, being hyper aware of my emotional states has always helped me have opportunities to reflect and try to alter my behaviour. For example, being angry (road rage, interpersonal conflict, the list is endless).

At the end of the day, reflect on the events and think of anything which may have caused a change in your emotions, whether good or bad. Try to think of how such events are caused. If you gain insight into something you can change, then try to change it.

I keep a journal next to my bed (or use the phone) as I find that I am most reflective before sleep and upon waking.

I'm not sure if this helps as I think you were asking two different things in your original comment.

I don't think you can maximize your self awareness without some sort of meditating. Of course, meditation can come in many forms. Perhaps you can use a creative outlet like writing fiction, painting, etc as a form to meditate and reflect.

As for making yourself carry out your goals, we find ourselves in the same boat. What is working for me currently is to start to read more and spend less time on the net.

Good luck!
>>
>>34159001
thank you very much sir. i've tried to ask for help on the internet many times but this thread helped me phrase my question better and you have given me a good answer.
>>
>>34158767
There is nothing inherently bad about interests, as trivial as they can be. Anything we undertake can lead to opportunities to connect at a profound level with another being.
>>
>>34159034
I didn't mean to imply interests are bad, although I can be a bit pessimistic about some sorts of interests.
>>
>>34159027
You are most welcomed, anon. I'm grateful to you as you have helped me just as much by allowing me to share with you.
>>
>>34159083
Do you associate with any groups? I've wondered if I should seek out a Buddhist group or something.
>>
File: 27777504_h26754350.jpg (320KB, 768x450px) Image search: [Google]
27777504_h26754350.jpg
320KB, 768x450px
Does anybody else usually get urges to do responsible stuff after meditating? Like immediately cleaning your room. Also, has anybody tried the meditation where you stare at the wall for a day
>>
>>34159059
Yes, it is easy to become pessimistic about all of life sometimes.

Something I have realised recently is my judgement of people who engage in pursuits that could be considered vain. Social media self promotion, fakeness, selfies, all of it. I have to be careful not to set myself apart, to be different, from people. None of us are immune to vanity, and vanity takes many different forms.
>>
>>34157768
How do I ask a female friend of mine to be a cuddle buddy?
>>
>>34157768
How do i get onto the path of enlightenment o wise one?
can you at least show me the path?
pls respond :(((
>>
>>34157768
Does focusing deeply on a task constitute as meditating ? I've had those moments where I'm going to be playing guitar and doing an exercice, or playing a videogame, and all of a sudden I get this kind of feeling that everything, but the task I'm doing is completely ignored. It's really relaxing.
>>
So I managed to clear my depression and I can genrrally enjoy almost any activity but I still am unemployed and play videogames 6 hours a day to fill the empty time, what is it that I am supposed to be doing with my life, I have been looking for an answer for years but there's nothing to be found.
>>
>>34157768
you guys are supposed to break the cycle (of reincarnation) by eliminating all desire right? how is that even possible if your desire is to eliminate desire?
>>
>>34159164
That could be what's called flow which imo is the best feeling in the world
>>
>>34159117
I don't associate with any group but I try to read widely. I have read some Buddhist, Christian, and Islamic texts. Lately I have tried to become more literate in physics.

Explore and decide the truth of it within you. Actually, you already know the universal truth within your true nature. Unfortunately it is buried under karma and the allure of our material world.
>>
File: 1483227357449.jpg (404KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483227357449.jpg
404KB, 1920x1080px
I've decided to live a modest life, attaining as much as I can but at the same time trying to explore the depths of my inconscious and conscious.

Yet I do still crave for companionship, even when I'm used to loneliness. What are your thoughts on regard this topic?

Also nice thread OP.
>>
>>34157994
use some of your wage on benzo's, Etizolam is cheap and just about as good as the pharmacy ones ime
>>
>>34159208
That is a bad idea orgagionaloritocarlitoburrito
>>
>>34159127
Yes, meditation (used in a broad sense) has at times caused me to make changes.

I have not tried staring at the wall though. I don't think that is something that would be effective for me :) For me, being in this thread is a form of meditation.
>>
>>34157768
If you desire enlightenment, how can you achieve it? Since enlightenment is a cessation of desire, how you can achieve enligtenment without desiring it? You see buddhist monks, living in monasteries, meditating several hours, doing various cerimonial rites, learning the texts by heart, etc. All this indicates that they strongly desire enlightenment and are strongly personaly motivated to achieve it. Yet, that what they seek is to have no desire!

So, would you kindly tell me why buddhist teaching is not self-contradictory.
>>
>>34159164
Yes, I would say so. At any rate, being present is a good principle to life. Although I would also have to be mindful of what it is I am currently doing.
>>
>>34159196
physics is so sick man. i was fascinated with it in high school and even after i dropped out of college majoring in physics I still think it's awesome.
Computer science is also fascinating I think. Game theory and just the type of understanding you can get from programming a bit are very interesting. I would recommend The Selfish Gene if you're interested in game theory. Also The Emperor's New Mind is very fascinating for physics, although idk how up to date either of those are. The Selfish Gene is definitely helpful at understanding evolution more natively.
>>
File: wojak vs 3 wild pepes.jpg (69KB, 500x252px) Image search: [Google]
wojak vs 3 wild pepes.jpg
69KB, 500x252px
>>34157768
WIll i get a gf in 2017 enlightened anon ?
>>
>>34159266
oh and Python is really easy to learn if you want to get in to programming for the sake of understanding. or a lower level language if you're interested in that :p
>>
>>34159174
I do not intend to be dismissive of your reality. And I am ignorant to the details of your life. But I think you realise the truth already at least as far as you spending many of hours of your day playing video games. Which, by the way, is not inherently bad. But bad for you in your current state as otherwise you would not have written it.

I am a social worker but last year went through a depressive episode which forced me to quit my job and take a break from it. I am now trying to pursue creative projects as I realise social work may not be for me in the long run.

What is your situation?
>>
I find that emotional turmoil is my greatest creative drive. The year of 2015 was the worst in my life but I've never written more in my life, the first half of 2016 was the same. I've since made a deliberate effort to battle my own demons and my mental health has improved substantially, I've fixed myself, I've never been happier and more at peace. Being at peace, being so content, I'm now far removed from lots of my old humanity and my creative efforts are now really suffering as a result. I can't write a single meaningful thing.
>>
>>34159174
do you enjoy learning at all? if you feel like you're wasting your time you could always try to dedicate time to reading books or wikipedia or anything educational. be as broad as you want if you have no idea what would interest you. but realize that if you want to have find new things to fill your life with, you have to be open to new experiences. at least that's a personal setback I have.
>>
>>34159179
It is not really a desire to eliminate desire. Enlightenment breaks the cycle of reincarnation and desire is no longer a concern.

Actually, Enlightened beings _choose_ to reincarnate for the sake of all other sentient beings. The universe is funny in that way :)
>>
>>34159198
You are not wrong to crave companionship. The universe created humans for each others' sake.

Without knowing more, I'm not sure if I could write much more. You were created for meaningful companionship, not only with humans, but with all sentient life.
>>
is it even possible to have a point of view that is so cohesive that you can accurately judge yourself? or are we doomed to chaotic misunderstanding regularly?
>>
File: 1483224100589.jpg (23KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
1483224100589.jpg
23KB, 720x479px
>>34159396
there's not really much to know. Think of me as any other anon. Lived a live full of regret and anger until I just stopped.

Now I read, watch, listen, write, talk rather than blind my eyes. Yet in this infinite research, I do still not understand why I am created to be with others, why do I feel like I haven't accomplished my ultimate goal.
>>
File: 1465794014102.jpg (54KB, 566x679px) Image search: [Google]
1465794014102.jpg
54KB, 566x679px
>>34157768
How do i deal with the the guilt and shame of not finishing (compulsory) military service?
It weighs on me heavily, enlightened one.
>>
>>34159257
I cannot tell you how to achieve it for I am not yet enlightened myself. I am not a buddhist but I believe you line of thinking on this matter is a form of attachment.

The current universal epoch now gives rise for all sentient beings to achieve enlightened (where as in the time of Guatama Buddha for example, only sages could become enlightened). So in a sense, the monks whom have chosen to exile themselves from society (and not all monks do) can now no longer achieve enlightenment.

If you are fixated on the apparent contradiction of desire and its relation to enlightenment, you will become attached to looking at an abyss.

Realise the true nature within you and live as righteous as you can.
>>
>>34159266
Yes I am deeply fascinated with physics and science. I took physics in high school too but turned to humanities at uni. I have been reading Hawking (History of Time and The Grand Design) and most of it is over my head! :)

Sometimes, I find myself deeply saddened to not understand physics at a profound level, and for that matter, knowing that in this life I will never get to experience the breadth of human experiences (nevermind having the time to read all the great works of human kind!). Thankfully, that is only a passing attachment which I am able to easily shake. After all, I have probably reincarnated many times and experiences many lives and will probably continue to do so.
>>
>>34159481
Ah, so you're an western esoteric. Your snake-oil sale speech filled with platitudes won't affect me. Have a good Christian sunday, kind sir
>>
>>34159344
I am interested in languages so I try to put at least 30mi a day to learning Russian at the moment. Sometimes more sometimes less.
>>
>>34159323
I am glad your are well and content now. In 'Against Depression' Peter Kramer explored this very idea of the 'melancholics' (used in a very broad and historic sense) and their ability to create. As a psychiatrist he would often get the question of 'Should van Gogh have been given antidepressants?' at conferences, and by an audience member who thinks he was clever to come up with the question :)

However, Kramer argues that such romantic notions of the creative melancholic is just not true.

It might not be what you want to hear, but your creativity does not originate from your pain or emotional turmoil. It originates from your true nature. All creatives go through periods such as you do now. I don't believe it to be because you are happy and content. Unfortunately, I have no practical solutions for you either. Actually, I hope to tap into my creativity and admire that you were able to create _despite_ your turmoil (not because of it).
>>
should I quit smoking weed this year even though it almost cured my autism or keep smoking but limit myself or just keep baking til I die?
>>
>>34159675
try going a few weeks to a month with each method, and log your experiences.

personally I've been smoking almost every day for like 2 months and it's kind of tiring to see the long term negative effects start to appear. maybe i just need an indica though... idk
>>
>>34159429
Yes it is possible. I would say that what you describe as a cohesive point of view is enlightenment itself. Therefore, we are not doomed as, as humans, we have been given the body to achieve enlightenment.
>>
>>34159440
Before enlightenment (perhaps even beyond it), our body was not made to understand why we were created for the sake of our fellow man.

Our ultimate goal is to achieve enlightenment, in this epoch, through our connection with others. Your pursuits are noble but have you applied what you have learned thus far with other people? Sometimes we understand things by doing them first. Perhaps if you strive to live to benefit your fellow man, you will understand the why of it all, and thus, benefit your true self.
>>
>>34159469
I know of a friend who undertook compulsory service in Taiwan. He grew up as a vegetarian, and at his core, opposed military service.

Yet, it was his duty to complete it and so he did, without anger or resentment or any other emotion that would cause him harm.

Are you already out of the service? If so, do not feel guilt or shame. It is in the past. Cast it aside and life in the present.
>>
File: image.png (37KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
37KB, 633x758px
>>34157768
A girl i fell for, that im almost a 100% sure liked me, is not acting different to me and we rarely talk in college.
Now she is quite worried about her grades and the next 2 weeks are filled with tests, so there is that possibility, because the time we do talk in college she's her old self. She also told me to be patient before and she asked me to go for a walk with her 2 times. We get along really well and got a lot of stuff in common and i really really like her and its clouding my judgement.
Do you think there's a chance we get together or is she just pulling my leg and trying to get attention from me.
The thing is she isnt acting or talking to anyone else the way she is with me.
I dont know... Please help me this is eating me up.
>>
goodnight op thanks again for the mindful point of view. good luck
>>
>>34159553
Thank you for introducing western esotericism to me, though I am not that. The use of platitudes is my own failing to convey the truth, my own shallow understanding, and the limitation of my written expression. Though I assure you, I am not trying to sell you anything but to only share what I currently understand.

Good day to you too.
>>
>>34157768
how much of what drug do i need to achieve a fake sense of enlightenment?

I just wanna stop giving a fuck lmao
>>
Will enlightenment stop me from being stressed out by my job and parents?
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.