[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Watch a highschool anime >Can't make it through the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0264.jpg (19KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0264.jpg
19KB, 316x202px
>Watch a highschool anime
>Can't make it through the first episode without feeling like shit about wasting my time in highschool
>Try to convince myself it'd never be as good as I imagine, no matter how much I tried back then
>Still feel like shit

It's getting to a point where I just can't even watch most anime.. Anyone else feel the dame way?
>>
>>34156593
>not completely forgetting about this shitty 3d world when wathing anime
>>
Maybe you shouldnt have been such a retard in highschool
>>
>>34156593

Yes, you just need to accept that you will forever be a person that had a shitty high school experience. You spent it playing video games or watching anime or whatever your story is.

However happiness isn't locked away from you indefinitely. You can still find pleasure in life. At the very least you can take solace in the fact that upwards of 80% people in the modern world never had the rosy high school life shown in anime, so you are not alone with the emptiness you feel.
>>
>>34156593
Project, don't reflect. Just self insert and pretend that school wasn't a shit show, makes me feel better.
>>
File: IMG_0023.jpg (34KB, 248x204px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0023.jpg
34KB, 248x204px
>>34156751
Such kind-hearted a Anon you are, thank you :')
>>
>>34156593
>Try to convince myself it'd never be as good as I imagine, no matter how much I tried back then
You're correct. Anime fantasizes high school when in reality the average Japanese kid hates high school 5x more than the average Western kid.

Look up suicides in Japanese youth, the large majority of them occur around academically significant dates.
>>
File: 1479851725628.jpg (94KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1479851725628.jpg
94KB, 601x508px
good thing is that I also wasted my college years watching anime and I've yet to get this feeling!
>>
>>34157024
Have you seen documentaries of high school life in Japan or S. Korea? Many of these kids have their whole childhood and teenage years based on their studies. After school they are shuffled to cram schools then after that they study several hours in their room sometimes past midnight then they have to do it all over again the next day. Rinse and repeat.
>>
>>34157132
Yes and meanwhile Westies like OP cry and kill themselves and can't watch high school cartoons because they didn't have some idealized high school romance or because they got called fat.

I get where he's coming from but the outright stupidity/lack of awareness and failure to realize that most people hated high school really bothers me sometimes.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.