[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you're an atheist, why not kill yourself? You have come

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

File: 987684654.jpg (12KB, 300x248px)
987684654.jpg
12KB, 300x248px
If you're an atheist, why not kill yourself? You have come to the conclusion that life is just a series of random loud noises. Why hold on?
>>
>>34153374
life is pointless
so is death
so i just wait here doing nothing
>>
>>34153392
But no one looks for meaning in death nor do they ask for it, that's retarded. People look for purpose in life but find none, so death is naturally the end of that search. You don't have to look any longer, so why not just die?
>>
>>34153374
because I'm a machine designed to live and pass on my genes that has broken down and discovered it's purpose

just because I have discovered the true lack of meaning in life doesn't mean my inherit desire for life, reproduction and self preservation are gone
>>
>>34153374
>>34153418
I don't have any more reason to actively seek death than I have to continue living. No need to rush the process, I can fill the time with hedonism while I wait.
>>
>>34153374
Atheist =/= Nihilist

Come on now OP.
>>
>>34153374
For laughs, mate.
>>
>>34153431
>designed
No, you came together from a series of coincidences and random happenings, or do you deny that? What obligation do you have to be compelled by anything even the basest of your pointless desires?
>>
>>34153374

Because I fucking like being alive you spooked faggot. Without anyone keeping score and no bullshit rulebook I get to do what I like without tucking my cock between my legs and saying sorry to the skydaddy every time I take pleasure in something.
>>
If you're an theist, why not kill yourself? You have come to the conclusion that life is just a series of random loud noises that lead to an after-life. Why hold on since you can be forgiven?
>>
>>34153374
Just cause a "God" isn't real doesn't mean that life has no meaning. Just cause our path isn't pre-detirmed for us doesn't mean there's no point living. The meaning of life is what you make of it, if you enjoy something then you can do it. Yeah the ending is death but that doesn't mean you have to rush into it.
>>
>>34153526
How can you ask for forgiveness when the last sin you committed ended your life?
>>
>>34153506
There is no such thing as coincedence anon. From the moment the universe first came into existence, everything that has ever happened and ever will happen has happened.

There is no such thing as randomness in the universe. If you do a math equation, 1+1 will always equal 2. This holds true for infinitely complicated maths like the calculation of our universe.

It's like a game of minecraft. The only thing random is the seed that generates the world, the rest is set in stone based on mathmatical equations and laws set in motion that cannot be altered or changed
>>
I am, passively, by eating shitty food and having a sedentary lifestyle but I live overall due to hedonism. Whatever point you are trying to make, you can take it and shove it deep in your ass.
>>
>>34153374
I like random loud noises.
>>
>tfw i have no ideals because all man made ones are ment to divide us and even that belief is not my own

Fucking sucks,my nigga.
>>
>>34153550
while mid-jump off the bridge screaming jesus christ oh my god please I didn't mean to. that's how.
>>
>>34153706
but the actual act hasn't been committed yet
>>
>>34153736
well you can't hop into a confession both mid jump but I'm sure your mind will go all airport atheist style begging for mercy and forgiveness just to live. i'm sure there's going to be some regret before the impact.
>>
That conclusion does not follow from the premise.
>>
>>34153374
>life is just a series of random loud noises
Doesn't mean they aren't enjoyable to listen too. Hell, or at the very least preferable to not hearing anything at all.

>>34153469
Exactly
>>
Life is still a pretty cool game.
>>
>you can never be happy without believing in god
spoken like a true idiot
>>
>>34153374
>If you believe in god, why not kill yourself? You have come to the conclusion that life is just a miserable existence you put up with before you get into heaven. Why hold on?
>>
If you'rea christian why don't you just get someone to kill you so you can spend forever in paradise?
>>
>>34153374
Because a lot of those "random loud noises" are really beautiful and, being rational animals, each person can create their own symphony from them.

Also, living includes stuff like vidya, chocolate, whiskey, steak, and orgasms, among other things.
>>
Because life is all we have so why would I choose nothing over something?
>>
>>34153374
I like being alive. It feels pretty good atm.
>>
File: 1477033354686.jpg (15KB, 480x343px)
1477033354686.jpg
15KB, 480x343px
>>34153374
>WHAT IS MELODY
>>
>>34153374
>Needs a god to hold onto life
LMAO

You CANNOT be serious, Christfags are so fucking dumb that they need a skypapa to give them the OK on living.

HAHAHAHAHA
>>
Why not kill yourself if you're religious? God surely forgives you and you'll see ol Rover in heaven again.
>>
File: received_396078377395355.jpg (31KB, 548x720px) Image search: [Google]
received_396078377395355.jpg
31KB, 548x720px
>>34153374
It's terrifying why the fuck would I want to just be nothing
>>
>>34153374
>Why hold on?
to enjoy life
to help others be able to enjoy theirs
>>
>>34153374
If you actually believe in God then why the fuck are you posting here? Go out, preach or fight infidels or whatever you need to do to ensure your place in heaven.
>>
>>34153469
a atheist who does not become a nihilist is stupid or lying to himself.

a nihilist who doesn't either kill himself or becomes agnostic is stupid or lying to himself.

saved you some existential crisis time
>>
>>34153374
some loud noises can be pleasant
>>
because drugs and internet are fun.they make me feel good stimuli in the brain. why stop that?
>>
Because I like the taste of chicken tendies, following Trump's political adventures, and checking netflix every other day for new additions
>>
>>34153374
>atheist = miserable nihilist/pessimist
fuck off
>>
>>34153374

Because dying is painful and because it would make my parents depressed and because sometimes life isn't so shitty and things could possibly get better in the future.
>>
>>34153374

Because disbelief in God doesn't automatically make you suicidal. The instinct to remain alive and the instinct to be terrified of death is too hardwired in us for all atheists to go "oh, well fuck everything I guess." and pull the trigger.

If anything a christcuck like you should be more concerned with hedonism disintegrating the family unit and conservative values than about non believers not offing themselves.
>>
Question for Christians: When you get cancer, why do you go to doctor to seek cure? Why not just let it kill you so you can get in heaven faster? It's not suicide.
>>
>You have come to the conclusion that life is just a series of random loud noises.

Yep, that's it. That's the definition of atheism. :^)
Good job OP :^)

>why not kill yourself?

This is actually a really good question. It's actually the only philosophical question worth a damn... whether to accept or reject the cruel beauty of existence, whether to accept a poor deal or throw in the towel, or fight for something worth living for even if you die in the attempt.

>Why hold on?

Let go of your creator's hand for a minute and you'll realise you're creating yourself in every moment. You are solely responsible for your own personal universe. Thou art God, not seperate from "Him". Your conception of God exists only in your mind. There is no holding on required. Wake up, or don't. It's all God.
>>
>>34153418
if i were to kill myself, that would be an action, and i have no reason to fulfill that action.
>>
File: 1484054024177.jpg (37KB, 615x615px)
1484054024177.jpg
37KB, 615x615px
>>34153462
>being a hedonist
>>
>>34153374
I'm here to fight things and get fucked up.

God is dead - some German guy killed him, probably in a gas chamber.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaM9Ct3g1Fw&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DPaM9Ct3g1Fw&has_verified=1
>>
If you take a university level biology course, it will tell you step by step exactly how molecules increased in more and more complex arrangements till the course changes to DNA and cells and genes and then evolution. And it makes so much sense and explains literally everything in such a way that nothing would even make sense if it was somehow "wrong." Literally every organism's behavior conforms to what science predicts and fits within the framework of evolution. I seriously think the majority of religionposters are high schoolers, third world, or didn't go to university (stupid).
>>
File: 1484193318812.gif (607KB, 800x792px)
1484193318812.gif
607KB, 800x792px
but i am killing myself, slowly with alcohol
it's pretty fun
>>
>>34157432
it's fun until you get to the being sick part
>>
File: 1479442656935.png (176KB, 500x697px)
1479442656935.png
176KB, 500x697px
>>34157469
still originally fucking waiting
>>
File: 46573457842754.jpg (16KB, 720x405px)
46573457842754.jpg
16KB, 720x405px
>>34153374
atheist doesn't mean you don't have faith or goals. It just means you do not believe in the existence of god(s)/creators
As crazy as this is going to sound to you an atheist could believe in an afterlife but not from an all being or controllers of afterlife.
Somewhere we have radically meme the concept of atheist meaning pic related
>>
File: red-pill-blue-pill.jpg (59KB, 798x326px) Image search: [Google]
red-pill-blue-pill.jpg
59KB, 798x326px
>>34156189
Oh, but Anon.. There is more.
>>
>>34158395
>Somewhere we have radically meme the concept of atheist meaning pic related
It shows you how simple minded even would be atheists where they just have this on/off switch that they need some sky father for there to be reason for life. No skyfather? nothing matters. Which is far from the truth but enlighten edgelords don't think that far.
>>
I'm only holding on for my grandmother. It would devastate her, and she would blame herself. After she dies, it'll be really easy to let go.
>>
>>34158597
Once you die she wont exist anymore.
>>
>>34153418
You're thinking about this all wrong. I wouldn't expect a christcuck like you to understand. There's no meaning to anything, that means living and that means death. Why don't I kill myself? Why would I? It doesn't fucking matter, nothing matters. If I was to die right now it wouldn't matter. But if I was to continue living that wouldn't matter either.
>>
>>34158637

>solipsism

You might be actually autistic, friend, not just 4chan autistic.
>>
>>34158682
Do you have a convincing argument?
Resorting to baseless insults show how closed minded and stupid you are.
>>
File: PP4CPHI[1].png (4KB, 575x101px)
PP4CPHI[1].png
4KB, 575x101px
>>34158744

>Do you have a convincing argument?

Sure do! Pic related.

Man, I'm convinced.
>>
File: 18668166.jpg (7KB, 357x141px)
18668166.jpg
7KB, 357x141px
>>34158925
w a t
a
t
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.