[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do robots emotionally deal with their own ineluctable death?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1442689497637.jpg (32KB, 455x461px) Image search: [Google]
1442689497637.jpg
32KB, 455x461px
How do robots emotionally deal with their own ineluctable death? I've been having terrible dreams about dying recently. In one of them, I watched my own body decompose from a 3rd person angle. It really rattled me.

How do robots deal with this in their day to day lives?
>>
Doesn't having recurring dreams about an impending death herald impending death?

Read Carl Jung's The Red Book, OP.
>>
>>34152729
Seeing as how 80% of robots are passively suicidal im assuming most welcome it as a comforting thought. Basically its like a good nights sleep after a long, horrible day.
>>
File: 1450764402103.png (182KB, 419x302px)
1450764402103.png
182KB, 419x302px
I realize I'll be too busy being dead to feel anything about it once it actually happens. Worrying about it does nothing but cause needless stress on something you won't even feel.

But that's just me.
>>
>>34152729
lots and lots of booze
>>
I switch from being apathetic to longing for it.
>>
>>34152729
most people don't think about it like you do, there's nothing to deal with
>>
weirdly I'm not afraid of my own death. I'm more afraid of being forgotten.

remembering I'm unafraid helps my bravery
>>
>>34152729

>How do robots deal with this in their day to day lives?

You don't. This isn't going to make a lot of sense. I used to have a real heavy fear of the same variety after an especially heavy trip. Took a long time to work through. Ultimately, it has very little to do with your everyday life. It's valuable to keep your own inevitable demise in consideration while choosing how to spend your time, but obsessing over it robs what time you have of pleasure with no gain whatsoever.

It's inevitable. Don't fight it. There is no way to fight it. There are ways to prolong your life, but that only goes so far.

Embrace the complete all-consuming inevitability of your death. Understand that you and all other living things are on a one-way trip to the unknown unknown. There is no need to fear nothingness because you won't be there to have to consider it. That whole Christian afterlife juju is almost definitely bunk, so eternal damnation isn't a rational fear. It's coming, but ideally you will only have to deal with it as a pressing matter for a very short while. You're going to hate it and struggle and shit your shorts in absolute terror but that time is a ways off still and you have time in the present and much of your future to do whatever is within your capacity to make the most of your time here. You don't remember life before life - imagine death is a similar state in which you aren't even there and nothing matters. There is no you to feel any which way about it.

Anyway - rambling. Anxiety of this sort does nothing to change the fact and it makes a mess of your capacity to enjoy life and to function. Pushing it down is a temporary fix. Stare right dead center into the idea and let it run through til you're bored with it. Fear is the mind killer. Free your mind and your ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within n'at.
>>
>>34152729
everyone who has ever lived has died

you are alive and so therefore by definition you will die

being afraid doesn't help

death don't give a shit

you gon die

may as well stop worrying about it and enjoy what time you do have

that's what I tell myself anyway and I manage to shit everything up regardless so it really doesn't matter, death will probably be a relief
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.