[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I move to Chicago as a poorfag. What's it like

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2751.jpg (124KB, 648x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2751.jpg
124KB, 648x350px
How can I move to Chicago as a poorfag. What's it like living there?
>>
Is that a country? Never heard of it. What's in Chicago?
>>
>>34152257
>What's it like living there?
s'cold
s'full of dumb fucking laws due to the fire and niggers
s'full of niggers
s'full of wannabe east/west coast liberals
sa'fucking shit hole.
>>
>>34152257
Niggers. Niggers everywhere. Don't move here ever
>>
>>34152257
Why would you even want to move to Detroit II?
>>
>>34152290
I thjnk Chicago is more important than Detroit lmao >>34152290
>>
You'll probably get shot at
>>
>>34152301
Hm well to each his own I guess. I guess you can watch it crumble in first person, so there's that.
>>
File: 1387777106228.jpg (122KB, 668x712px) Image search: [Google]
1387777106228.jpg
122KB, 668x712px
>>34152257

Why the hell would you want to live in Chicago? If you want to endure the misery of living a big city move to LA or somewhere warm at least.
>>
>>34152309
>thinking Chicago is violent

Did you know Kansas City, Baltimore, Little Rock, and buffalo are the most violent cities the only time Chicago makes it in the top is when they only talk about the south side and exclude the whole city.

The only reason why Chicago is portrayed as violent is because it has access to mass media without being a highly regulated city that does like Los Angeles or New York
>>
>>34152472
Yeah but it's expensive as fuck and you need a car
>>
File: 1484147962680s.jpg (5KB, 250x243px) Image search: [Google]
1484147962680s.jpg
5KB, 250x243px
what's funny is i haven't heard of this state since i was tested on the 50 states in elementary until i saw this last wk

missouri looks nice and peaceful. deserves more credit
>>
>>34152518
Yeah well if you're a poorfag in Chicago guess where you'll be able to afford to live? That's right, the south and west sides where people get shot.
>>
>Move to Chicago
>Can't afford the rent 'cause it's a gentrified liberal shithole like San Francisco
>Get shot by a dindu

Big cities are a meme people should stop falling for. Go find a a mid-size city of under 500,000 if you want to live comfortably.
>>
>>34152257
been there once for a week. don't fucking go to chicago, avoid public transportation (cabs are fine), and stay out of west side and the south side. the west side airport is like right there in the fucking ghetto and YOU WILL GET MUGGED
>>
hyde park here

ask me anything about getting shot while buying groceries at 6PM, and getting called a racist for asking if it's dangerous to go down You Gon Die street after dark, because it has the only post office
>>
>>34152257
Use Craigslist to rent a room from some one, usually you'll pay less then you would have to pay for an actual apartment
>>
Please don't. Its shitty here. Obnoxious Negros and Spics everywhere.
>>
On 4'nem
>>
>>34152257
Soft Detroit
>>
>>34152257
Everybody has their own circle of childhood friends and you will ALWAYS be an ousider. Don't do it
>>
>>34153474
airbnb and host a penthouse party and invite me
>>
i feel like chicago is a lowkey city. i want to move there. tired of major cities and chicago looks chill? like everyone is peaceful, kind of like seattle (though i've never been). i wish cuties lived in chicago

>tfw no one will approach you in a warm coffee shop as you sip honey tea looking out the window / wsj or a novel in my petite fingers
>>
Miami, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco.

These are all places that if you aren't rich you will live in absolute squalor and struggle just to make rent and eat.
>>
Fucking shit, too many taxes, and way too expensive unless you would like to run the risk of being shot.
If suburbs, good luck coming up with anything for down payment, first and last rent, and an extra deposit because every place that is rather nice requires that.
Shitter places don't, but they're shitty and can't seem to fix the heat enough in -12 Fahrenheit weather.

Otherwise, taxes. Taxes suck. They fuck you every which way more than most states.
You don't get a break on that shit.
Income, food, village, etc., neverending taxes.
If you're poor here, you will most likely stay poor unless you place yourself in massive debt for a degree that won't guarantee you a job, work hard enough and suffer the bs (paycheck to paycheck bills, cheap food, doing everything to keep bills low) until enough promotions to have a decent living wage, or starve. Choose.

I'm moving out of here as soon as I can afford.
Fuck Chicago, and fuck Illinois.
>>
I've lived in Chicago for 8 years now since I was 18. It is very affordable compared to east and west coast cities. Apartments / rooms to rent are easy to find. Lots of jobs in different industries.

It's a good place to live if you are young, but it isn't for everyone. It takes a little getting used to, and I've found that some people get tired of it and end up leaving. But lots of people spend their while life here.

Lots of cool things to do. Always something going on. Plenty of different neighborhoods so you can find which one you like the best.

Crime isn't really as big as people make it out to be, you don't have a whole lot to worry about unless you are in a gang, and I've lived in bad neighborhoods on the south and west sides.

Lots of people have a love/hate relationship with the city. I probably wouldn't want to raise a family here, but it's a good place to begin my career.
>>
>>34153606
Tf is airbnb?
Also I'm broke as dirt so no penthouse
>>
>>34152257
you can't. it sucks, and you can't afford the north side, that leaves south and west. you will be murdered.

source: i'm from there, lived on barry and california all my life.
>>
>>34153854
airbnb dot com enjoy
>>
>>34153934
What about the east side nesr the ghetto
>>
>>34153246
like every other poster on 4chan
some white skinny lanky male who could break quicker than a twig

gets triggered by an oreo at the local wholefoods

*doesnt go out at night bc the sky is out to get him*

there could be 1 tablespoon of cookies and cream ice cream and white betas would get triggered

claim the whole state is INVADED BY BLACKS OMG THERYE EVERYWHEREEEE FUCKKKKKKK 999999 no

fucking this is why i hate white people
>>
>>34153594
Well fuck it's better than living in the middle of nowhere
>>
Friends from California who went to Chicago hated it. You can't move from a big city to a small, sheltered one. You'll go crazy.
>>
>>34154073
Yea everyone talking about Chicago sounds like a bitch in here

The cost of living where I live is almost bad as Chicago I think having roommates in Chicago would cost less than an apartment here and the weather is shit and everyone's poor and there's nothing to do. As long as I'm not right on Steve drive or something I don't think I'll be bothered
>>
>>34154045
It's really far away from the rest of the city. East side is cheap, but bit the nicest of areas and you'll be stuck commuting for hours every day to get to a a decent job
>>
>>34153641
No, everyone here is a dick. If you don't make at least 2500 a month you're going to struggle.
>>
I live in the lowest crime area of the entire city of Chicago. Lived here all my life.

Most of the bad shit you hear about Chicago happens on the South side. That's where all the niggers are. There are plenty of respectable blacks, but there are many niggers. Nobody goes to the south side except for niggers. The South side is like a totally different city. Most degenerates live sectioned away in these shitty neighborhoods.

Transit is extremely easy here. The entire city is on a grid. Down-town is over-rated imo. People usually come here to visit Millennium park and see the skyline and that's it. I can't understand why anyone would want to visit this place.

Lots of stuff in very close proximity. Many homes are cheap, there is down payment assistance for the cook county area. Homes are rather cheap, rent is rather cheap. One of my friends is living in a micro apartment paying 1k$ a month with utilities, electricity, heat and internet included in it.

Personally, I would tell you to only move here for work. This isn't a place that you want to live permanently unless you have lots of family ties here. Most people stay here because the rest of the family lives here. This winter is unusually warm, but most winters last something like 6 fucking months over here. Nobody goes out in the winter. Driving is hell in the winter.

Willing to answer any additional questions.
>>
I live in Chicago. Born and raised. It's pretty great, desu. As long as you stay away from the really violent areas. It's a really lively city, Lake Shore Drive is beautiful, China Town is like mini China, there's a fuckload to do. It's just a great city, minus all the murders.
>>
>>34153091
>st louis
all affordable areas are unsafe, all safe areas are disgusting suburbs
>kansas city
see: st louis
>everywhere else
poor white people committing welfare fraud in order to buy meth
>>
File: MTE5NDg0MDU0OTczNDE2OTc1.jpg (281KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NDg0MDU0OTczNDE2OTc1.jpg
281KB, 1200x1200px
>>34152257

Chicago born and raised here by the South Side.

It's a shithole. The south side is full of the most dumbest and violent people you'll ever meet ans in the north side you'll find a bunch of obnoxious liberal fags stopping traffic bc NOT MY PRESIDENT

Aside from that it keeps getting more expensive since it is by far the most crooked cities in America

Chicago is basically New York's younger brother with down syndrome
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.