[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here dislike "shows" and movies? When

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1470311411449.jpg (38KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1470311411449.jpg
38KB, 720x540px
Anyone else here dislike "shows" and movies?

When I was younger I could sit down and watch hours of anime, etc., but now it just seems like such a chore. It feels like I should be getting paid for consuming media. I would rather be working than sitting down and watching something.

I don't get the whole "story" component either. 1 out of every 50 shows hooks me and I feel compelled to watch the next episode - I get that "just one more" itch. Stories don't make me feel very good - they're just fucking stories for God's sake.

I watched John Wick a few months back and was just bored to tears. I had no idea when I was supposed to have fun or if I was having fun. I was constantly asking myself "is this good?", "am I having fun?", "is this a worthwhile investment of my freetime?", "is this worth it period? I'm never getting these 2 hours back". I was just watching shit on a screen and it was dry as fuck.

The only time I'll sit down and watch something without getting fidgety or bored is if I'm high. And when I come down and try to continue where I left off sober I'll just roll my eyes 2
minute in and close it out. The problem with watching series and anime high is I fucking forget so much shit when I come down.

Am I just ADD or have I blown my bulbs out somehow with drug use?
>>
Stop watching anime, it was always shit. Watch real shows for adults.
>>
>>34148418
"they're just fucking stories for God's sake."

I think you may have issues elsewhere in life, and for reasons unknown to me you have mapped that dissatisfaction onto shows.
>>
>>34148418
>It feels like I should be getting paid for consuming media.

I totally feel you here. This is in large part, I think, because most media is some monstrous 'media mix' that is basically long-form commercials dedicated to selling garbage, or is basically browbeating idiotic propaganda, or at baseline merely a pile of patronizing diznee-approved bacteria.
And then it is expected that we provide feedback and viral the fact that we consumed their idiocy - good reaction or bad.

Being subjected to this process is basically torture. It's time to ignore all art, imo.
>>
File: 1406097105239.jpg (15KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
1406097105239.jpg
15KB, 316x202px
I feel the same way. I have friends who keep trying to talk to me about capeshit and video games and I want to scream at all of them

>YOU'RE THIRTY ONE FUCKING YEARS OLD GROW THE FUCK UP AND STOP WATCHING CAPESHIT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>34148519
>I think you may have issues elsewhere in life, and for reasons unknown to me you have mapped that dissatisfaction onto shows.

Look at where we are. My issues and depression probably do influence my ability to enjoy shows.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.