[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people get friends online? It's always either some

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

How do people get friends online?
It's always either some specialized stuff or some already formed groups.
I often see people talking about befriending someone here, how do I do that? I'm not a gamer, is there any other path?
>>
And there is another problem - nobody talks to me. I don't get why.
>>
>>34139812
I'll talk to you, friendo.
>>
>>34139729
I've been some friends from Dischords I found here actually.
>>
>>34139864
How was your day?
>>34139889
What is Dischord
>>
>>34139936
Same old same old. Sitting in my dorm in the dark posting on /r9k/. I did go out for some tendies, but I forgot that the restaurant opens at 5 pm on Saturdays. And to answer your question, Discord is like Skype for video games. You should get one, mate.
>>
I have a few I talk to that I met on a meme app back in 2014 when the community was small and comfy.

The app has long since gone to shit and is no longer worth using, but I still talk to the friends I met there through Kik
>>
>>34140185
And now that I asked you about your day what am I supposed to ask to create warm atmosphere?
I don't play video games much. I'd get this Discord if it could find me friends.
>>34140223
Wish I were you.
>>
>>34140320
Sorry, maye. I'm not exactly great at being social either. How is your day so far?
>>
>>34140347
I appreciate that you ask but it wouldn't interest you.
Really, it's some fucking mystery how people make friends.
>>
>>34140451
I fucking know right?
oregano
>>
>>34140451
This is where the just b urself "meme" comes in

Lets say you have an autistic hobbie like watching anime, and on a given week, you meet 100 people. If you bring up anime with very one of them, sure 95 of them will be disinterested or disgusted, but the other 5 that are interested in anime too will want to talk to you more. However, if you don't talk about what you like at all, you won't meet anyone, not even those 5.

After you meet those 5, they might introduce others to you that you might have things in common with.

This is easier for normies because rather than 5 people that share their interests, in may be closer to 30 or 40, but there is hope for a robot to make friends too.
>>
>>34140722
Look at this too friendo >>34141004
>>
>>34141004
But I mean online anon.
People IRL will be revolted by my interests/opinions, I just want some internet friends. And it seems it's not enough to "bring up" interests as you say.
>>
>>34141240
The people that you find on the internet exist irl too. Again, to find those 5, you have to risk making some of the 95 think you're strange. Only avoid discussing an interest if its fetish related or something someone may interpret as you being a future hate-crime perpetrator as the consequences for mentioning these are greater than "he's weird".
>>
>>34141004
Ha, I rarely meet people, though, so the chance is still pretty low
>>34141044
Well shit, do you like anime, mate?
>>
>>34141240
If you have a niche interest, find a forum or discord for the niche interest and try talking to people there if you're still unwilling to make attempts at irl friends
>>
>>34141655
A bit. If I watch anything, I marathon the entire thing in the period of a day or two, discuss it with any friends that also watched it, then move onto something else to waste time on. Ive only watched about 10 I think, half of which are "shit tier" like SAO or Mirai Nikki (but I still liked them ): ).

Most of my autism goes to whatever video game I'm obsessing over at the moment. Right now its a fighting game/visual novel called Blazblue, a couple months ago it was a niche zombies gamemode in Gmod, a couple months before that it was an obscure WWII FPS called Red Orchestra 2, and before that it was Final Fantasy XIV
>>
>get friendly playing vidya with some guy
>Realise you'll have to keep talking to them or they might get annoyed at you
>Block them for no apparent reason

What the fuck is wrong with me?
>>
>>34139729
I watched a stream years ago and joined a small group. I've been with them for about 6 years. Find a game that a decent number of people play and go on from there. For example I used to play Napoleonic Wars for Mount and Blade: Warband and the clans there can be pretty big.
>>
File: 1335818796937.png (229KB, 368x346px) Image search: [Google]
1335818796937.png
229KB, 368x346px
>>34139729
I just joined or created guilds (but not clans, fuck clans) based on my interests. For example, heroic raiding in WoW, in the past, anyway. People are usually looking for specific roles or classes for their main team, so all those people communicate with you regularly.
Even got a few e-gf's this way.
>>
>>34142167
>tfw by the time I got far enough into FFXIV to have joined a static I was already getting bored of the game

I met a few people on there but lost contact after I got bored of it. FFXIV was all they played so we didn't have anything in common after
>>
>>34141858
Cool. SAO was really shit, though, and I'll take any chance I get to shit on it. It's become a hobby at this point. My last anime was Tatami Galaxy. It was okay. Also, I haven't tried Blazblue yet, but I do play Guilty Gear.
>>
>>34142369
FFXIV was also my exception. This was the only MMO I played with a combination of real-life friends, preexisting online friends and coworkers. People just dropped off in this one.
>>
Im one of those annoying bastards that befriend someone and then never end up talking to them again. I add some people on steam once in a while. Never play with them again nor talk.

I like playing alone more than with others i think.. online so to say, dont like story games..
>>
>>34139729
I've met dozens of people through gaming on pc that I've talked to for years and still play with today. Other than gaming I really don't know any other way of meeting people online.
>>
>>34142454
It was friends from the meme app that introduced me to FFXIV. One of them still plays it, but until stormblood comes out none of us will have touched it in a while. It was a fun game, I was a BLM catgirl main.

>>34142449
I'm used to people shitting on me for liking SAO. I started finding it hilarious even. I also unironically liked the plot of Highschool DxD
Blazblue is my first fighting game and Im still shit, but I mostly only play with other people in our "noob group" full of other noobs, which is more fun than getting shit on online. Ive been considering getting Guilty Gear since I like Blazblue as much as I do.
>>
>>34139729
But hybrid theory is their second best album and yes I played RS.

I'm 30 btw.
>>
>>34140347

Haha, you sound like me on Tinder
>>
>>34141004

I'm sure it's let's than 5 senpai, maybe like 1/2.

Chaps, just join places/forums/clubs that are interested in the same things as you. All friends have to have the same interests or it won't last.

It's hard on here as it anonymous and dodgy giving out personal details.
>>
>>34143659
I doubt you're sure. What are these interests that are so obscure only 1-2% of the 18-30 yrs old population is interested?
>>
>>34142668
If you're thinking of getting Guilty Gear, you should wait until Revelator 2 comes out. I'm gonna go play Pokemon, so I guess this is goodbye for now. See ya, anon. Your taste in anime is shit.
>>
>>34144431
1v1 me on Pokemon Showdown noob

I liked the first half of Akame Ga Kill until they killed all my waifus

Good luck anon, Adios
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.