[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What book are you currently reading? Do you prefer fiction

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: bookgirl+floor.jpg (251KB, 1100x730px) Image search: [Google]
bookgirl+floor.jpg
251KB, 1100x730px
What book are you currently reading? Do you prefer fiction or non-fiction?
>>
File: 1462376364124.jpg (180KB, 600x801px) Image search: [Google]
1462376364124.jpg
180KB, 600x801px
i lack the attention span to read actual books.

i do ok with articles and some magazines tho
>>
earth sea
>>
My memory is too shitty to read a book.
I forget what I read 20 pages later.
>>
>>34134485
I'm reading The Monk, I prefer fiction but I have been getting really interested in war stories, specifically WW1 and 2
>>
>>34134485
One chapter into Starship Troopers
My order of Mein Kampf came in the mail about a week ago
Probably read that next after i brush myself up on WW2 era history
>>
File: 2304980983.png (55KB, 804x344px) Image search: [Google]
2304980983.png
55KB, 804x344px
>>34134485
Waiting for an e-reader to arrive.

Just finished Inherent Vice, world was great, story was okay.
>>
>>34134625
I've tried digital reading
Just to much of a strain on my eyes
also books feel good man
>>
File: IMG_3721.jpg (787KB, 1822x2888px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3721.jpg
787KB, 1822x2888px
>He READS
>>
>>34134485
non-fiction. reading fiction is for plebs
>>
>>34134638
I can't afford books, I figure the e-reader will save money after 10 books.
My library never has anything either.
>>
>>34134642
I disagree reading fiction is great practice for creativity and abstract thinking.
>>
File: 1484368187805.jpg (79KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1484368187805.jpg
79KB, 640x640px
I want a reader gf
>>
>>34134653
>I can't afford books
Fair enough
E-readers will probably have settings to reduce eye strain also. Whenever i read on my laptop its always at full brightness, probably why my eyesight has gotten shittier.
>>
I'm currently obcessed with Haruki Murakami, just finished Kafka on the shore. Anyone know other authors who do the "magical realism" genre well?
>>
>>34134703
e-readers have special screens. They're not like LCD displays. The battery lasts months at a time too.
>>
I can't remember the last time I read through a novel. I much prefer biographies, though they aren't usually stimulating enough to stave off my thoughts of envy and frustration over how most guys my age are living. That's why I mostly play video games and watch YouTube videos.
>>
>>34134703
E-readers don't use the same screens as phones, tablets or laptops.

They're specifically designed to reduce eyestrain
>>
>>34134749
Exactly, i enjoy to read but the silence of reading kills me. It makes me actually stop and think not just about what im reading, but about how i've wasted so much time on self pity and resentment. The thing is, even if i decided to change my outlook on life i still don't think i would be able to get over my resentment of society.
>>
>tfw only read 2 books in your life and only one "voluntarily"

I'm like this >>34134599 guy now. My brain cannot do it.

>>34134749

WHy would you prefer biographies when you can't handle the jealousy? It makes no sense.

>>34134807

I agreed with you, until the "resentment of society" part. Unlike you, I'm brave enough to admit that it's my fault for being like this and not society's.
>>
>>34134485
I would eat her asshole...

Anyway, to answer I am reading Promise of blood, some fantasy affair about gunpowder snorting marksman-wizards and the violent overthrowing of goverment mixed in with some manner of conspiracy.

i'm also slowly working through the entire witcher series on audiobook. geralt is about to fight a golden dragon
>>
>>34134485
i'm reading a book about the geopolythical divisions of islamic countries, i like fictions as well tho, i generally read history/geopolythical books or fiction of every genre except for investigation fiction
>>
>>34134915
Witcher like the videogame?
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 640x745px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 640x745px
>people don't know how to read books on their smartphones
Fucking plebs the lotof ya. Also I'm reading Eon and when I'm done with that Eona then reading Odd Thomas books.
>>
>>34134485
So much for my nofap ... thanks anon
>>
>>34134485
A Fine Balance
A disturbing and darkly amusing story set amidst the chaos of the Indian Emergency of the 70s. Not much plot to speak of but it (mostly) follows the lives of four lower class Indians trying to get by and is written fantastically well.
Would recommend for all me robot bros out there.
>>
I finished reading Notes from Underground recently. Didn't get much of the first part but i thought the second part was good. I could relate to some of his sperging experiences.
>>
>>34134638
Make the font nice and big, make the 'page' black and the text light gray. I've found that really helps to reduce eye strain.

>>34134639
>He doesn't read
You're wasting that valuable public education, Canadabro!
>>
>>34134956
Reading from a screen is bad for your eyes and slower than reading from paper.
>>
>>34135071
What about an e-ink display, without a backlight? It's got a better contrast ratio than book paper, its print can be any size, and you can 'flip' pages faster because you don't actually have to flip them.
>>
>>34134485
The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid, by Bill Bryson. It's a memoir of growing up in Des Moines, Iowa in the 50's, made surprisingly interesting by his humor and perspective on it. This is the second book of his I've read and I find I really enjoy his work. Usually I read science-fiction.
>>
>>34134950
like the video game. Yes I enjoyed the games and decided to see where they'd come from. So far the translated polish books have been worthwhile
>>
>>34135140
I was going to call you a faggot but I bought the Alan Wake book.
>>
>>34135071
>bad for ya eye
I already got glasses
>it's a slower
Only if ya a pleb.
>>
>>34135181
Really? I was going to be a faggot for picking the books a goddamed video game is based on instead of the other way around?

i'm glad you chose not to but still, I'm annoyed
>>
>>34135181
>>34135218
Guys please, you're both faggots.
>>
I'm reading self-help books because I want to stop having a shit life.
>>
>>34134599
>>34134882
read shorter books. don't fall into the boring "western canon" meme that /lit/ always shoves down your throat. read books you enjoy.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.