[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do awkward people with no social skills make money? Do they

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: 1475982794804.jpg (363KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1475982794804.jpg
363KB, 1106x1012px
How do awkward people with no social skills make money?
Do they even?
It seems like everything comes down to social skills.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
Get lucky and find some niche

pic related: reckful is autism incarnate, but because he has e-fame, he is able to make money, which makes e-girls want his dick, despite his many flaws (manlet, balding, autistic, ugly etc)
>>
>>34133761
I'm trying to be a music producer but life seems impossible
>>
>>34133654
>How do awkward people with no social skills make money?

for the most part, they don't. however some find ways to work around their social retardation.
>>
>>34133654
I am a software developer. This comment is not original.
>>
File: 1461877912273.png (55KB, 852x1256px) Image search: [Google]
1461877912273.png
55KB, 852x1256px
>>34133800
>tfw ISTP
I'm trying to think of jobs that no one else would want to do, not due to low payment but due to safety hazards or something else.
>>34133761
He is talking to a camera and people are unironically watching him.
I don't think you understand "no social skills".
>>34133845
There are a million of those.
You either make no money or you know how to work the system, which requires social skill.
>>
It's not about awkwardness it's about your level of neuroticism. How bad do you feel when you make a big social error that could risk making you excluded from the group?
>>
I jumped into cold water and got a job in retail. I fucking dreaded it at first since I sometimes end up stuttering a bit, I blush really hard and I just get super nervous.
I was honest about it though when they asked about my weaknesses and said that it's something I want to improve.
I have to say that I got really lucky since all the people I work with are very kind and helpful, but I have also seen an improvement in my social skills.
I still am awkward and get nervous in stress situations, but all around I handle them a lot better.
It is slightly different than just hitting someone up for a conversation on the street though since it's work and (for me) it partially feels like putting on a mask, but I feel like it has also boosted my confidence to talk and so on.

Of course there are other jobs where you can avoid human contact or at least face to face contact, but if you want to improve it's probably better if you just face it. Don't have to go all in, some jobs only have little or 'easy' social interaction.
>>
>>34133878
I have never been included in a group to begin with.
>>
>>34133654
they don't
speaking from experience here
>>
>>34133654
Luck. Got a job in a power station and still don't know how I managed to get in.
>>
>>34133986
What do you do? Is it like a security job where you just sit there and wait until something goes wrong so you can alert them?
>>
>>34133654
I am a janitor
>>
>>34133867
>There are a million of those.
>You either make no money or you know how to work the system, which requires social skill.

Well, yes there's a lot of them, but consider this:
- there's still more jobs than developers, the company I'm working for is constantly looking for more employees and asking employees if they know someone they can recommend, but there's simply not enough engineers to go around. I don't know of a single jobless engineer.

- Because every single person, who has the slightest inclination to work as a developer, gets snapped up, there's a huge quality problem. There's tons of bad developers and just people who shouldn't be doing this. Having any sort of natural inclination for this puts you miles ahead of most people. Being autistic and anal about detail, being able to go for long stretches of just solving a problem alone has given me knowledge and experience way beyond what most others will ever know.

Consequently I'm easily in top 20% of developers in my country when it comes to paycheck. And I didn't work the system in any way, I just have very large knowledge base and an engineering sense others just lack.
>>
>>34134008
I work as a electrical engineer and just repair stuff that doesn't work anymore. On good days I sit 8 hours on my phone and do nothing. Because it's a small powerstation I work alone.
>>
>>34134389
>>34134008

Oh well I forgot to add: On bad days I'm thinking of just ending it because I don't understand most of the shit, I can't read wiring diagrams so if I have to get them to fix some shit I know I'm fucked.
>>
File: 1482999630545.jpg (56KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1482999630545.jpg
56KB, 645x773px
>>34134389
That's funny because I am actually registered as an electrical engineering student. Except I only went to classes for 6 weeks, 3 years ago.
I was too dumb for it.
>>
>>34134430
>electrical engineer
>can't read wiring diagrams
wut
>>
>>34134652
Well I can read basic wiring diagrams like it was in education. But the difference to college and my work place is like day and night. Lot of signs I've never seen before, almost everything is 40+ years ols and they often use different signs for the same stuff.
>>
>>34133867
>>34133800
>myers briggs
>real or reliable

top kek
>>
>>34133654
if you're not good at math then you are FUCKED
>>
>>34135125
I am good at math. But in the actual EE classes, nothing made sense to me.
>>
>>34133800
Why is it missing some types, and how can INFJ be lower than INFP
Also
>ENTJ is not the highest
>>
We're really good workers and generally good guys we just suck with courtships because nobody cares.
>>
>>34135158
sample sizes were insufficient
>>
>>34133800
>ISTJ is fourth biggest earner
Guess I should force myself to get out there.
>>
>>34133867
Be a tower climber.
>>
I bet on ball matches
>>
>>34135299
normie of the introverts
>>
File: 9cb.png (1MB, 1050x903px) Image search: [Google]
9cb.png
1MB, 1050x903px
>>34133867
>istp
>in college learning cs
>make 80k/year on entry
>already have a job on standby for when I graduate since I met someone who had dreams of making his project into a game
>>
>>34136176
product, not project
>>
>Someone sneak into an entry position at a finance or insurance company
>work there long enough where you learn enough things to gradually get a promotion (while watching young fresh out of college chads and stacey's quickly rise past you)
>gradually rise to a position where all the bitch work is dumped off on you and the pay is barely enough to sustain your life while sinking gradually into debt
>do this for 20 years
>eventually people start finding you pathetic and your skills wain with changes in technology
>you're let go, eventually going insane and then eventually dying unloved and patheticly in a home of some kind

I've seen the future and its depressing
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.